Game Day Rd 17 Carlton v North Melbourne Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL.com.au actually has a highlight on the match center that is titled 'McMillan mows down Betts' (the push in the back)... really AFL?

North supporters boo everything. Absolutely clueless and muppetty lot of supporters, from what I've seen.

They even boo Norf supporters that are booing. Just sayin'.

Tempted to do the same, the Norf pole smoking is just....ugh.
I think that the reason there is no real commentator love out there is because most ex-Carlton footballers are too qualified to be idiot commentators. Most of our guys go on to become successful businessmen :)

Gibbs has been insipid. Judd avoiding the boos by avoiding the ball. Kreuzer getting killed in the taps. And our tackling is embarrassing. And some of the decision making has been pure slapstick. Jamo's turnover was a ripper.

But...but...but...somehow we are ahead. If we improve we can win. If we dont they will win. Comfortably.

Last year vs us they just couldn't miss. This time it's us, for a change.

AFL.com.au actually has a highlight on the match center that is titled 'McMillan mows down Betts' (the push in the back)... really AFL?
If I was the club, I would be taking that to the AFL and saying 'Please explain the push in the back rules using this video please'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

could really use a tom boyd right about now!

Dunno, I didnt feel like the talls were the problem. The lack of pouncing on it at ground level considering the smalls we have at our disposal and the lack of pressure as the kangas ran it out was concerning for me.

But for sure, we would all love Tom Boyd.

Dunno, I didnt feel like the talls were the problem. The lack of pouncing on it at ground level considering the smalls we have at our disposal and the lack of pressure as the kangas ran it out was concerning for me.

I think that we are missing a big bodied defender more than another tall forward. Jammo is getting manhandled most of the time by Petrie.

Gibbs has been insipid. Judd avoiding the boos by avoiding the ball. Kreuzer getting killed in the taps. And our tackling is embarrassing. And some of the decision making has been pure slapstick. Jamo's turnover was a ripper.

But...but...but...somehow we are ahead. If we improve we can win. If we dont they will win. Comfortably.

Last year vs us they just couldn't miss. This time it's us, for a change.

True - plenty of room to improve

Yep, it always seemed our guys were flat footed or invisible at the fall of the ball. The fact we're in front is all bonus.

1/2 time, Judd, Gibbs, Garlett 5 disposals, Yarran 2 disposals, Rowe 3 disposals, Bettrs 6 disposals. How the hell are we in front?
They have all got to lift in this 2nd half for us to get over the line?
To be fair on Rowe he has competed against 2 or 3 opponents all night and has actually paved a path for a couple of goals with his efforts.

Betts would have 9 or 10 disposals if he stopped missing his boot and being pushed in the back....

I think that we are missing a big bodied defender more than another tall forward. Jammo is getting manhandled most of the time by Boyd.

Oh crap, Dram has a TARDIS? :D

I think the game has gone past Jamo a bit he just looks awkward these days. Yarran is playing for his career at the Blues and I don't think he really cares. Who could we jag out of the dockers or eagles for him? And I reckon a Straight swap for Dangerfield and Gibbs I reckon lol.

Need more grunt around the ball! Yarran to Thomas and run run run every time he gets it Thomas will not keep up. Judd fwd,Walker fwd, Touhy on the ball for a few big smacks to Swallow/Ziebell etc C'mon Blue boys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back