Status
Not open for further replies.
As Maverick said,

"Whoa.. rock and roll, here's our chance... this is the big one Goose..."

And here we are.

Demons.
On our deck.
1 v 2.

No one.. and I mean NO ONE expected this - gave us a shoot in hell at the end of the PF last year to be hear again.
And by here I mean #2 on the ladder, going into Rd 17 on a roll.. a decent list of availability and the form line to take them on with a solid chance of winning.

No Stewart, Kolo a potential miss with concussion and SDK most likely coming back from a corky.

But it will be won and lost in the MF IMO. If we cant control them and when in possession hurt them going into our F50... its gonna be a hard task,

We can win it if we produce our best.

Lets see.

GO Catters

Sdk for kolo and selwood for narkle.

I hope stanley isnt injured as i dont know what we will do if he is as ceglar isnt fit sav is ordinary and neale aint ready for a game like this.

Id try and push through with the older guys and not rest a couple til next week as this game is critical. Id bring parfitt in if he is but i doubt he is.

Higgins could be sub or theres a few options for that including stephens (we may have held him out of the vfl to rest him for this game).

Sdk for kolo and selwood for narkle.

I hope stanley isnt injured as i dont know what we will do if he is as ceglar isnt fit sav is ordinary and neale aint ready for a game like this.

Id try and push through with the older guys and not rest a couple til next week as this game is critical. Id bring parfitt in if he is but i doubt he is.

Higgins could be sub or theres a few options for that including stephens (we may have held him out of the vfl to rest him for this game).
I'm tempted to give Narkle another one and flick Miers for this game,did Kolo fail the concussion test?if he's right to go I'm playing both SDK and Kolo.

Vdubs

its open....

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

GO Catters

Memo to players and coaches: if the game is close in the final minute and we have possession of the ball, DO NOT do any of the following:

• Kick out on the full
  • Punch the ball into the stand giving away a 50m penalty
  • Fail to man up on Max Gawn at the top of the goal square

Eliminate those moves from our gameplan and we are in with a fighting chance…

Stanley what wrong with him he looked to be still going alright at the end all be it a little exhausted.

Hobbled off with 5-10 mins to play and didn’t return. Didn’t look overly distressed IMO and we may have been conservative with him giving the score line. But you never know…

It'd be such a Stanley thing for him to injure himself while he's been in great form. I swear it happens fairly constantly whenever he's flying. I think they kept Danger on the bench for a long spell in the last quarter so hopefully they did the same with Stanley and were just managing him after he took a knock.

Hobbled off with 5-10 mins to play and didn’t return. Didn’t look overly distressed IMO and we may have been conservative with him giving the score line. But you never know…
Are you talking about when he went off with 2 minutes to go on the wing just stuffed no time to return.

Stanley what wrong with him he looked to be still going alright at the end all be it a little exhausted.

Are you talking about when he went off with 2 minutes to go on the wing just stuffed no time to return.
He was on the ground after the game shaking hands with North. Wandered through the picture as Moons was interviewing Duncan at the end. Maybe sore but didn’t look to be in any duress.

95798E6C-5C02-49D2-A9AB-D6012E155F00.gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was on the ground after the game shaking hands with North. Wandered through the picture as Moons was interviewing Duncan at the end. Maybe sore but didn’t look to be in any duress.

View attachment 1438511
Yeah he looked fine he did have a small issue earlier in the quarter though where he came away limping from a ruck contest but stayed on and still jumped and contested at the centre bounces and around the ground.

Can't show our full hand but Scott needs to do something different. This team has our number in recent years. Their ability to pick us apart from half back and apply that swarming pressure forward of center, it always bamboozles us in the finals.

Before the season kicked off, I was of the belief we needed something different in the midfield. Henry was a player who could have provided something different but we are now seeing Cameron provide that intangible element.
If Jackson plays, it really flips the script as he (Nankervis the other) are literally midfielders playing in a ruckman's body. It negates Blicavs' ability to overrun his opponents.

We will also see how some of the inexperienced players hold up to the pressure. Z. Guthrie, Holmes, De Koning, Close, Stengle . . . this will tell us a bit. We have seen how poorly some senior players handle finals-like pressure, let's see if the next crop can take it.

Selwood and SDK come straight back in you’d think. Parfitt still a week or so away? Kolo sounds unlikely and Narkle likely to go straight out though he did some nice things last night. Miers, with little pressure, was better too.

Demons are going ok but not as formidable as the back end of last year. I reckon we are in this up to our ears on current form. Would be more confident of course if Stewart was in but we still have a 22 that can beat them at home.

So Dees beat Adelaide by 29 points yesterday, and NM by 47 points in May.
As opposed to Geel by 42 points and 112 points respectively.
Whatever the variations in sides at that time, and with injury clouds over Gawn and Jackson,
I'm going for us.

Selwood and SDK come straight back in you’d think. Parfitt still a week or so away? Kolo sounds unlikely and Narkle likely to go straight out though he did some nice things last night. Miers, with little pressure, was better too.

Demons are going ok but not as formidable as the back end of last year. I reckon we are in this up to our ears on current form. Would be more confident of course if Stewart was in but we still have a 22 that can beat them at home.
Selwood and SDK for Narkle and Kolo would be odds-on at this stage.

Thursday night is our biggest test for the year. How do we stack up against them? I'm bullish in that Geelong might win or might lose ... But I do get the feeling the lads are up for it.

So Dees beat Adelaide by 29 points yesterday, and NM by 47 points in May.
As opposed to Geel by 42 points and 112 points respectively.
Whatever the variations in sides at that time, and with injury clouds over Gawn and Jackson,
I'm going for us.

I’m not one to compare other teams scores to a side that we’ve already versed.

Doesn’t mean a lot to me. Depends on who plays better on the night not who’s played better in the previous games.

Kolo was subbed out of the game after failing concussion test. Doesn’t that mean that he is a mandatory out for this week?

I read concussion for Kolodjashnij, but listening to Krock on the way home they weren't 100% on him being out with concussion

Apologies as I can't remember the name of their reporter who went to the rooms post match, but his comment was that they were waiting on confirmation from the club if it was a failed concussion test for Kolodjashnij or if he was subbed out as a precaution for head/neck soreness due to a collision in the third quarter - will be interesting to see what is the actual issue

No Parfitt or Stewart - the same two key players who missed the prelim.

I think we now have a much bigger focus on defending stoppage losses. Will be put to test here, as those two guys are key to that part of the game plan. Pressure the stoppage and turn it over with intercept mark.

If we win this week, belief will soar.

No Parfitt or Stewart - the same two key players who missed the prelim.

I think we now have a much bigger focus on defending stoppage losses. Will be put to test here, as those two guys are key to that part of the game plan. Pressure the stoppage and turn it over with intercept mark.

If we win this week, belief will soar.
Good also have the Stewart/Parfitt excuse when we are nursing bruises on Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back