Rd 17 - Swans vs Richmond @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

natlovestheswans

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2006
sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
We may aswell start thinking about this game.

Out: Grundy, Vogels, J. Bolton, Ablett
In: Hall, Kennelly, LRT, Buchanan

As for Leo - not too sure what really happened to him. I wonder if he'll be right?

Although Vogels was fairly quiet tonight, I thought he could mark marks that Hall couldn't do if his life depended on it.

And Buchanan will be back into the team after that 'stellar' performance in the reserves, kicking 7 goals. Laidlaw should be named as an EMG and it was mind boggling as to why we replaced Tadhg for Grundy. Grundy has no defensive skills whatsoever.

It would be interesting to know just how bad Ablett's 'cold' was. He was pretty much not seen the entire night. Did it effect him or did he just have a shocker? I think Ablett is next in line after Schneider and Buchanan to have a spell in the reserves.

GRUNDY = VOMIT. Every single time he got the ball or was near the ball i felt sick.

My Lineup:

B: ...Ted Richards.....Craig Bolton............Leo Barry
HB: ..Tadhg Kennelly...Lewis Roberts-Thomson...Sean Dempster
C: ...Brett Kirk.......Nick Malceski...........Ben Mathews
HF: ..Nick Davis.......Michael O’Loughlin......Adam Goodes
F: ...Adam Schneider...Barry Hall..............Peter Everitt
FOLL: Darren Jolly.....Nic Fosdike.............Ryan O’Keefe
I/C: .Amon Buchanan,...Jarrad McVeigh,.........Tim Schmidt,
......Jude Bolton
EMG: .Matthew Laidlaw,.Simon Phillips,.........Luke Ablett

OUT: .Heath Grundy,....Luke Ablett,............Luke Vogels,
......Paul Bevan.

IN: ..Barry Hall,......Tadhg Kennelly,.........Amon Buchanan,

......Lewis Roberts-Thomson.

Swans Line Up Snappy Style.

B. Laidlaw, Bolton, Richards

HB. Kennelly, LRT, Dempster

C. Kirk, Malceski, Buchanon

HF. Davis, Hall, Okeefe

F. Schnider, O'Louglan, Everitt

FF. Jolly, Fosdike, Mcveigh

IC. Schmidt, J Bolton, Mathews, Ablett

EMG Vogels, Moore, Thornton.

I really know nothing on the reserves so i just chucked in random names id like to see play.

OUT. Beven, Grundy, Barry, Phillips

IN LRT, Hall, Kennelly, Laidlaw

We may aswell start thinking about this game.

Out: Grundy, Vogels, J. Bolton, Ablett
In: Hall, Kennelly, LRT, Buchanan

As for Leo - not too sure what really happened to him. I wonder if he'll be right?

I think you will find Laidlaw in this week and the under lined will play
as for the outs well Bevan is safe at this stage

And as for the flu or one can say a very bad case of the sniffles rumour which was the case. To name afew that it Knocked around abit Ablett,Schneider,Phillips

And as for the flu or one can say a very bad case of the sniffles rumour which was the case. To name afew that it Knocked around abit Ablett,Schneider,Phillips
Laidlaw should have played last week. He was a good replacement for Kennelly instead of another tall in Vogels or Grundy.

I don't think Leo will be fit and we should not risk him.

Going by what oldman-pop has said

Out: Grundy, Vogels, Barry, Schmidt, ???? (Richards perhaps)
In: Hall, Kennelly, LRT, Buchanan, Laidlaw

Yeah, i think i was too harsh on Ablett. Definitely no fun running around with a cold.

Re: Beven..
Pop you have always been on the money with selections, so im curious to know why Beven would be considerd safe?
I see very little vaulue in him, not since 03 rising star nomination, he is undoutably (sp) the weakest player in our team, im going to stop here for im starting to get wound up..
Surely there is a suitable replacement for him out of all the reserves?
Can you please enlighten me a little on this matter, and finally how do you rate him?

i wonderd why vogels was not used down back against the eagles i wouldn't be surprised if he was injured during the game, the swans never tell the truth about injured players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what about the likes of a thorton or simpkin making their debut? will it happen this year? they seem to be showing good form in the reserves.

what about the likes of a thorton or simpkin making their debut? will it happen this year? they seem to be showing good form in the reserves.

Thornton's form has dropped off a little over the past month after being consistently in the best earlier this year. Simpkin's still got a bit to learn before he's ready for senior action - tries to do too much at times when he's got the ball, tends to ping away at goals (usually unsuccessfully) rather than look for a better option (and there are usually plenty given the witches hats our reserves usually line up against) and isn't the least bit accountable. He's definitely got something going for him but needs to get more disciplined.

There are others who are ready to step up - if they get given the chance. Laidlaw and Moore have been the most consistent, while the next two consistently best over the past month can't play because they're rookies.

I'd like to see Schmidt given another game especially against the Tigers I feel if Amon comes back in no matter how he plays he would stay in the given the win we should have which which will be by around 8 goals with Richo to kick 4 goals 6 behinds against our depleted defence.

luke vogels did a real good job down back in a game last year.

i'll bet he does play backif he gets a game, but i still think he got injured.

Really the swans don't need to do anything rash they've got the eagles measure.

whats happening this year is they aren't all firing together.

but lookout if they do

luke vogels did a real good job down back in a game last year.

i'll bet he does play backif he gets a game, but i still think he got injured.

Really the swans don't need to do anything rash they've got the eagles measure.

whats happening this year is they aren't all firing together.

but lookout if they do

Firstly, WTF?

Secondly, Vogels is a crap defender. I'm still having nightmares about his defense work in that pre-match game againest Port this year.

Thirdly, i wouldn't say that we've got the Eagles measure. They've beaten us 5 out of the last 7 times we've played them. Saying that though, i don't think they've got our 'measure' either..

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 17 - Swans vs Richmond @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back