Rd 17 - Swans vs Richmond @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck this week guys, I dont really think you are gunna need it, I cant really see anyway of the tigers getting up this week.

Just take it easy on Riewoldt, he is only little :p

could we possibly lose this week?:eek:

of course we can. Richmond have beaten us at the SCG in years gone by when we've been travelling heaps better than this. I consider Richmond a much better side than Carlton. If we come out as flat as we did against the blues 2 weeks ago we are in trouble. Richo and Brown are quite capable of kicking a winning score against our depleted back line.

of course we can. Richmond have beaten us at the SCG in years gone by when we've been travelling heaps better than this. I consider Richmond a much better side than Carlton. If we come out as flat as we did against the blues 2 weeks ago we are in trouble. Richo and Brown are quite capable of kicking a winning score against our depleted back line.
Yeah Richmonds problem latley is they havn't been able to run out game they get good starts then fall away. Our problem is we let sides get a jump on us then have to try and catchup later in the game.

If Richmond start well and the swans are asleep they will do alot more damage than Carlton did two weeks ago. I still think we can win even from 4 or 5 goals down at half time but I'd prefer not to.

I think however that we will start well and hoefully a repeat of the match against them at the dome last year will eventuate.

does anyone know if Grundy is still in this week? I sure hope not, unless they throw him up forward and make him a focussed target. I see Dempster and Richards are out. Interesting, seeing as Leo is also out. Tho i suppose they could 'go find some form' as seems to be the ploy this year with players of that calibre.

does anyone know if Grundy is still in this week? I sure hope not, unless they throw him up forward and make him a focussed target. I see Dempster and Richards are out. Interesting, seeing as Leo is also out. Tho i suppose they could 'go find some form' as seems to be the ploy this year with players of that calibre.

Yes. Lose Leo, drop two tallish defenders - and still no LRT?

please explain... is he injured again?

Very interesting to see Luke Brennan get named in the squad this week would be some what of a surprise. Three tall defenders out this week so I'm guessing Grundy will be playing down back probobly against one of Richmonds young forwards maybe Hughes. Would expect Bolton on Richo wonder who will take on young Riewoldt now that Demster is out who would have been a perfect match-up.

Good luck this week guys, I dont really think you are gunna need it, I cant really see anyway of the tigers getting up this week.

Just take it easy on Riewoldt, he is only little :p

No deal on Jack Riewoldt

I've seen this guy in the VFL and when he learns to turn around and chase his direct opponent he is going to be great, if your coaches can do something with the kid.

Best of luck to you guys too you’ve been suffering a long time now and the supporters are doing some hard yards many of us of have done, heads up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would much prefer to see Grundy playing up forward. The few senior games he has played he hasnt done too badly when playing in the forward line. I know it may be premature but after his performance down back last week I dont think he is defender material. Could be wrong though.

What do people think the swans can take out of the game.

Putting the crappy first half aside I was happy to see some players who perhaps[s needed something from the game get it. Hall used his week off and perhaps the lack of pressure to find some room up forward and Goodes, Buchanen and Bolton found some run, Jolly lifted his work rate after Patterson and Simmonds surprised him early by making the ruck a contest and Kennelly got to work into the game rather than having to smash it out straight.

The concern though was the lack of early motivation in the first half still deemed to be there and we got away with it because it was Richmond.

What do people think the swans can take out of the game.

Putting the crappy first half aside I was happy to see some players who perhaps[s needed something from the game get it. Hall used his week off and perhaps the lack of pressure to find some room up forward and Goodes, Buchanen and Bolton found some run, Jolly lifted his work rate after Patterson and Simmonds surprised him early by making the ruck a contest and Kennelly got to work into the game rather than having to smash it out straight.

The concern though was the lack of early motivation in the first half still deemed to be there and we got away with it because it was Richmond.

I thought the first half wasnt that bad, Richmond play well but dont have the bodies to go on with it yet..
If anything, again, its over usage of the ball , unessesary handballs, and silly chip kicking that lead to turn overs, thankfully we were playing a bottom side, top side sides would have made us pay..Though it was happening late in the Qtrs so wheather or not it was fatiuge or laziness who knows..
Kennely looked a bit ginger to me, hard to say for sure watching on TV, so i hope he pulls up ok, and hope it wasnt an unnessesary move to bring him in.
Bevan, did very well compared to recent weeks hope that gives him some confidence, thought Richards was ordinary, and wouldnt be suprised to see him out next week..

Well done guys :) the tigers were beaten by a bigger and better team last night. I enjoyed watching at least the first half the game (thats a whole quarter more than i enjoyed watching in the port game)

I do think you guys have every chance of a top 4 again this year, keep it up!

What do people think the swans can take out of the game...

umm, how about the fact that we won by 66 points, how bout the fact that baz kicked 6 and was on the rampage, how bout the fact the Luke Brennan made a very good debut, how bout the fact that Buchannan put in a top effort, how bout the fact that TK is back in the ring (tho yes he did seem very ginger and obviously still nursing his knee), how bout the fact that we still have ablett, leo, LRT and maybe Crouch to come back, anything else....??

umm, how about the fact that we won by 66 points, how bout the fact that baz kicked 6 and was on the rampage, how bout the fact the Luke Brennan made a very good debut, how bout the fact that Buchannan put in a top effort, how bout the fact that TK is back in the ring (tho yes he did seem very ginger and obviously still nursing his knee), how bout the fact that we still have ablett, leo, LRT and maybe Crouch to come back, anything else....??

Excellent.

I wanted to discuss what people thought were the good and bad aspects of the game from our point of view in relation to the business end of the year. You are correct though, there is never anything wrong with an 11 goal win.

Love the positives Kika:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 17 - Swans vs Richmond @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back