Preview Rd 20 Geelong v North Sat July 27 2024 145 pm @ Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the changes this week, great to see Bews back I hope he can have a good impact on the run home.
I’ve been against this move but I’d actually like to see Blitz move down back. He’s been lower on his impact since mid year, although he will play a good role wherever he plays. I think he’d better serve the team to be in a key position now.

I’d just play DK with Neale as chop out in the ruck despite its ups and downs.
But I think we need one of DK or Blitz down back. Keep Stewart in the middle and free up Henry or Guthrie to play a Stewart role down back.

Like the changes this week, great to see Bews back I hope he can have a good impact on the run home.
I’ve been against this move but I’d actually like to see Blitz move down back. He’s been lower on his impact since mid year, although he will play a good role wherever he plays. I think he’d better serve the team to be in a key position now.

I’d just play DK with Neale as chop out in the ruck despite its ups and downs.
But I think we need one of DK or Blitz down back. Keep Stewart in the middle and free up Henry or Guthrie to play a Stewart role down back.
As much as I'm a fan of Blitz to play defence. There is no way he will play as a key defender, they haven't played him down there for ages... and there has been plenty of time this year they could of done it, but haven't

I'm pleased for Jed, well earned. I wouldn't worry too much about Knevitt's feelings, he was always a monty to step back when Tanner returned, he'll be reassured by his moment in the sun.
There's only so much patience with new blood, with the inclusion of Humphries, Managh, Dempsey's rise, Ted's chance, and now the old wise head of Bews.
Mind you, our dear departed Fred and I were never fans of his OBF bloopers. He seems to have rectified that, amazing what a GF can do! Good game to bring him in, and sort it out with Tuohey.

So we still haven’t named SDK as ruck in any round this year. Do we think the surprise still works?

If I ever see him named as ruck I will be sure he will line up as full back!

Just for fun, one week I'd love to see a team release the team sheet in alphabetical order

Bruhn and Bews played well in the VFL
Touhy was due to be managed this week
Team is forward heavy, Bews for Touhy
Raise potential trade value Bews Parfitt
Neale and Bruhn improve team balance.
North need to Tank points and percentage.
Ted deserved another game + more time.
Safe to manage Atkins for another week.
Nothing to worry or to get excited about.

So..a few things..

Really happy for Bews at a personal level. Surprised from team perspective but it reflect well on Jed that after 19 rounds he has been picked. Shows his attitude in VFL and at training has been first class. Well done to him. From team perspective what happens if he plays well - in terms of 2E being managed… we don’t need Bews, Duncan and 2E in the backline!

Knevitt I am sad. I understand it given the ins but it is pretty rough. Hope it builds resilience and not ruin confidence! Think about Dempsey who had his break out first game….which has allowed him to have a couple of quite ones later (including last week)…what if he had a quite game round 1 and was straight out? Would we have missed what he has bought to the team? Would have liked them to back Mitch for a game against a bottom team…

Sub is interesting. I would have thought Rohan would get it again given I think that was planned for last week before Neale was rested…but Rohan is named in the 18 and whilst not guaranteed, so far this year the sub has come from the named bench every game…. Is is Ollie H again? That makes sense from team balance but can’t imagine it 3 weeks in 4. So with Bews back does Lawson become sub? Or with Tanner back is it Bowes?

The way it fell for Knevitt was pretty unfortunate. The Collingwood game was a wingers’ game. Both Dempsey and even Clark got a lot of ball out on the wings. He would have been suited.

The Bulldogs game was a debacle for wings. Dempsey barely touched it either.

I think I would have dropped him too, because we had to make some changes, but it just worked out badly for him with that illness and losing his spot at the wrong time.

Really strange.
Bews in!
Parfitt emergency!
I cannot see either player on the list next year. I agree with others that Parfitt being name an emergency after last week is insulting to Mitch Hardie given he is consistently polling coaches votes and regularly the best player on the ground. So Hardie is wasting his time at Geelong. With the exodus of veterans Geelong will need to add 8 or 9 players to the AFL list next year. 5 by going deep in the draft and another 4 from somewhere else. I guess the freed up salary cap will allow us to go after some highly paid imports from other clubs.

You could say the same for last week or any of our other losses this year.

We're 15 weeks on and they've got 15 more weeks experience playing with each other under Clarkson (well, minus the weeks he was banned). They're better than they were then and it's at their cheat ground.
Disagree- our 23 is not better than the Dogs 23.

Really strange.
Bews in!
Parfitt emergency!
I cannot see either player on the list next year. I agree with others that Parfitt being name an emergency after last week is insulting to Mitch Hardie given he is consistently polling coaches votes and regularly the best player on the ground. So Hardie is wasting his time at Geelong. With the exodus of veterans Geelong will need to add 8 or 9 players to the AFL list next year. 5 by going deep in the draft and another 4 from somewhere else. I guess the freed up salary cap will allow us to go after some highly paid imports from other clubs.
In all honesty, Parfitt offers more than Hardie- he is lucky he gets to train with the GFC players. Very limited player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way it fell for Knevitt was pretty unfortunate. The Collingwood game was a wingers’ game. Both Dempsey and even Clark got a lot of ball out on the wings. He would have been suited.

The Bulldogs game was a debacle for wings. Dempsey barely touched it either.

I think I would have dropped him too, because we had to make some changes, but it just worked out badly for him with that illness and losing his spot at the wrong time.
You’re seeing more in Knevitt than me. Very limited player who won’t get another contract.

Farewell game? He is only 30. 2 years ago he was in peak career form. Surely its not time yet.
Bews body type changed, put on muscle and weight and slowed down. He's always had dodgy disposal and regularly booted the ball out of bounds. He form in the VFL has improved recently but he does not stand out at that level.

In all honesty, Parfitt offers more than Hardie- he is lucky he gets to train with the GFC players. Very limited player.

Parfitt has offered Geel , 1000% of absolutely nothing for the best part of 3 years

The facts , he is a very ordinary kick , helicopters , floaters which are lucky to travel 40-45 metres , plus he has got no pace whatsoever , he is a shuffler . Sam Simpson who was cleared to the Perth Demons in the WAFL and he hasnt set the world on fire in that competition was a better footballer than Parfitt

Parfitt is most most fortunate player to have a Premiership medallion in my opinion , selected as sub in the 22 GF and he can thank his great mate C Scott for that , in my opinion a bizarre and unfair selection ahead of Menegola who was a far better footballer , kicked alot more goals for Geel and important goals in some games for Geel , and could kick a football properly , 60 metre drop punts with penetration

What an absurd unsubstantiated statement. Do you have facts to back it up? How many VFL games have you seen? We've seen Parfitt playing at AFL level and he doesn't hack it. Have you seen Hardie at AFL level?

I've been to Geelong VFL games this year and I regularly watch the games live on the AFL App. From my observations Hardie offers so much more at VFL level than Parfitt does. Hardie is widely recognized as one the best midfielders in the VFL competition and has been in the top 2 places in the overall coaches voting all year. The coaches know a lot more than I do. Hardie may not ever get a game at AFL level but it certainly won't be based on throw away statements like yours.

We've all loved the introduction of Lawson but that stoppage where Treloar was left 10m clear and had enough time to drop the ****ing ball, pick it up and still kick the goal before anyone could get near him was diabolical. CS would have hit the Jed button right there and then.
not one player boundary side of the throw in

What an absurd unsubstantiated statement. Do you have facts to back it up? How many VFL games have you seen? We've seen Parfitt playing at AFL level and he doesn't hack it. Have you seen Hardie at AFL level?

I've been to Geelong VFL games this year and I regularly watch the games live on the AFL App. From my observations Hardie offers so much more at VFL level than Parfitt does. Hardie is widely recognized as one the best midfielders in the VFL competition and has been in the top 2 places in the overall coaches voting all year. The coaches know a lot more than I do. Hardie may not ever get a game at AFL level but it certainly won't be based on throw away statements like yours.
Absurd and unsubstantiated?
You said it- the coaches know more than we do.
There's the substance- despite Parfitt having missed many games in the last 2 years, in the same period, Hardie has played how many?
Zilch. Why?
Parfitt has limitations, and last Saturday was a shocker, but early this year, he belonged, and looked like an AFL player in a Cats team that won 7-0.
You can choose to forget that he even received coaches' votes.
I can not rate Hardie based on VFL, and until he gets promoted, evidently, his limitations must be enough to keep him in the VFL

We've all loved the introduction of Lawson but that stoppage where Treloar was left 10m clear and had enough time to drop the ****ing ball, pick it up and still kick the goal before anyone could get near him was diabolical. CS would have hit the Jed button right there and then.

Jed is in for a farewell game while we rest tuohy. Hes not playing finals so whatever the problem is scott isnt picking him to solve it.

Parfitt has offered Geel , 1000% of absolutely nothing for the best part of 3 years

The facts , he is a very ordinary kick , helicopters , floaters which are lucky to travel 40-45 metres , plus he has got no pace whatsoever , he is a shuffler . Sam Simpson who was cleared to the Perth Demons in the WAFL and he hasnt set the world on fire in that competition was a better footballer than Parfitt

Parfitt is most most fortunate player to have a Premiership medallion in my opinion , selected as sub in the 22 GF and he can thank his great mate C Scott for that , in my opinion a bizarre and unfair selection ahead of Menegola who was a far better footballer , kicked alot more goals for Geel and important goals in some games for Geel , and could kick a football properly , 60 metre drop punts with penetration
I have heard that before about several Geelong players.
At the end of the day, HE IS a premiership player, and to many supporters, he was unlucky in 22 to actually get dropped. I was rapt he came on and in 10 minutes, had more possessions and scoreboard presence than Buddy did in 4 quarters in that unforgettable GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back