Preview Rd 22 Cats V Freo Sat Aug 10 2024 435pm @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respet to Rhys, this game should give us guidance on the "Do Good Rucks make a difference" question.

With SDK expected to miss and with their Ruck forward setup, I think we need another key back. I would bring in Jeka for SDK.

Haven't seen the team live since Gather Round so very pumped to be there this Saturday.
We will be underdogs but definitely give us a chance if it's close - Dockers have shat the bed in a few close ones this season , hope it continues ;)

Tough selection this week.
You would expect Duncan and likely Rohan to come in, SDK if his knee doesn't come up and ??? Bews, Touhy, O Henry, Bowes maybe as the players most likely next in line to miss..

Rohan is a real barometer for the team, when he is up and about, the whole side is..

Still want to see Hardie get a chance, and Jeka.. Henry and Kolo can be liabilities down back. Both give up too many very easy one-on-one marks to their opponents. DeKoning does too..

I'm hearing ACL so hope my mail is incorrect.
Even after all the reports have been patellar dislocation?

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive game.

Duncan in for Bews and Rohan in for SDK for mine.

Give SDK a week just in case and give Stanley one more chance to impress. But barring a massive turn around in form it's SDK into the ruck for finals.

Probably Rohan as sub to manage his return.
I would be bringing in Duncan for Tuohy, at least Bews can try and lock down one of Freos smaller players, Tuohy and Duncan both playing for the same position for mine and Tuohy was poor.

I would be bringing in Duncan for Tuohy, at least Bews can try and lock down one of Freos smaller players, Tuohy and Duncan both playing for the same position for mine and Tuohy was poor.
Not sure on Duncan, opportunity to see family or avoid a trip to the west, rest another week and be ready for the last two games.

Tuohy was poor last week but his season has been vastly underrated around here.

As for Bews shutting down small forwards how did that go with Rachele who torched us last week?

Also, as it was Hawks' retirement announcement they may be delaying so as not to take any shine away today.

Anyway I hope their assessment was wrong obviously.

Have you seen the way the media is fawning all over Dusty, while Hawkins is an 'oh yeah, btw.....' ??

Even Fox is running non-stop Dusty crap on 504.

Anyways, I hope your info was an assumption before further info came to light, and we aren't being deceived.

Where the doubt creeps in here is the club's / Scott's record of honesty re: injuries.
Honesty?

He constantly qualifies every comment on injuries that he's no expert, doesn't know himself and then reports what the medical team have told him. Pretty honest account I'd say

This is the latest on SDK - this would suggest it's not an ACL if he's yet to be ruled out for Saturday

Would think that if it was worse case scenario, that they would have ruled him out for this week as a way of easing into the news:

Sam De Koning will be a test ahead of this weekend’s trip to Perth, with the Cats set to take on Fremantle at Optus Stadium on Saturday.

Assistant General Manager of Football Brett Johnson said the Club is still monitoring De Koning ahead of the weekend.

“Sam was unfortunately subbed out with a knee injury on the weekend against the Crows. We will continue to monitor his progress throughout the week and readiness to play ahead of the game against Fremantle,” Johnson said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back