Preview Rd 23 Geelong V St Kilda Say Aug 17 2024 730 pm @ Deadpool Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
God dammit Brandan. I told you to stop hanging out with Clayton Oliver!!

Yeah, not sure it's anything like that

Following the clash with the Bulldogs in which he was subbed out, it was reported he had broken his hand - he played VFL against North but had his second lowest disposal count for the season

Can't remember where the hamstring issue was suggested, but think it's more likely that he's hand is giving him trouble

I know Tuohy isn't the most popular player around these parts, but why do people think that both/either Tuohy & Duncan are going to be managed/omitted/delisted ahead of Saturday?

Both have just come off their late season break and with another break in 3 weeks, not sure the MC is going to unnecessarily rest them again this week
Wishful thinking to get 1 dropped. Would take an act of god for both to get dropped.

Freo had a terrible game plan. Missing Darcy and Treacy probably played into that. Treacy is a weapon. When I saw those two outs, and they are massive outs, I thought we should win. Freo totally dominated in terms of disposal numbers and marks but they were not effective going forward. Geelong's pressure was impressive, haven't seen that for a while. If we bring that pressure against St Kilda we should win.
Patrick "Almost-done-field" picked up 10 coaches votes on the weekend. Did you see that?

Hardie would be the stiffest bloke in the world for Clark to come in ahead of him... and it very well may happen.

Neither for me.
Rohan for bruhn (inj)
Sdk for ohenry (inj)
Knevitt for mullin

Although we might manage tuohy.
Stanley has to play given how marshall destroyed our rucks in the same game late last year.

With Tanner Brhun to miss its now or never for Mitch Hardie. I am thinking he gets his chance.
Love that to happen but that ship has sailed. We’re managing to get some wins with some really poor efforts from some of our midfield but can’t see them changing that now.
Clark likely to come in and will give a decent effort without getting a lot of the ball. Other than danger we didn’t have many good players in the midfield. Luckily our forwards work so hard to compensate.

Yeah, not sure it's anything like that

Following the clash with the Bulldogs in which he was subbed out, it was reported he had broken his hand - he played VFL against North but had his second lowest disposal count for the season

Can't remember where the hamstring issue was suggested, but think it's more likely that he's hand is giving him trouble
He broke a hand v the Dogs in 2022

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mannagh.png

According to Champion Data, Mannagh has rated 'elite' across his last six games for AFL Player Ratings points (14.5 per game), contested possessions (8.2), pressure points (58.8) and tackles (5.8).

In terms of his AFL Player Ratings points – Champion Data's most definitive statistic to measure influence on a game – Mannagh's average of 14.5 rates just fractionally outside the top 20 players across the entire competition within that period.

Champion Data also points out that Mannagh rates 'above average' for disposals (16.2 per game), score assists (1.2), score involvements (5.0) and goals (1.2) since his impressive return to the Geelong side.

Mannagh's campaign has been an interrupted one. After making his AFL debut as a substitute in round one, he then played a full game in round two before being dropped to the VFL where he spent a large portion of his season.

But, despite that, his average of 12.7 AFL Player Ratings points across the entire year still ranks him No.2 among all forwards across the competition. Only Adelaide star Izak Rankine (17.3) rates higher for influence.

It also puts Mannagh clear of All-Australian contenders like Hawthorn's Dylan Moore (12.5), Geelong teammate Tyson Stengle (11.9), Melbourne's Kysaiah Pickett (11.8) and Brisbane's Cam Rayner (11.8) among general forwards.

A large part of Mannagh's influence is sourced through his pressure. Since his return to Cats coach Chris Scott's plans, his 58.8 pressure points per game mixes it with the League's best pressure players.

I think Knevitt will be near the top of the list to come in. Had a massive game in the VFL on Saturday with 32 touches and 2 goals.
I considered him but to my eye he hasn't made the best of his limited opportunities to date,another big preseason to come and hopefully he can take the next step in 2025.

With Tanner Brhun to miss its now or never for Mitch Hardie. I am thinking he gets his chance.

I highly doubt it. By now it's about building cohesion and understanding between the guys likely to play finals not bringing in a new guy who has never played with these guys before. If he was in their plans he would've been given a chance 5+ weeks ago.

View attachment 2077884

According to Champion Data, Mannagh has rated 'elite' across his last six games for AFL Player Ratings points (14.5 per game), contested possessions (8.2), pressure points (58.8) and tackles (5.8).

In terms of his AFL Player Ratings points – Champion Data's most definitive statistic to measure influence on a game – Mannagh's average of 14.5 rates just fractionally outside the top 20 players across the entire competition within that period.

Champion Data also points out that Mannagh rates 'above average' for disposals (16.2 per game), score assists (1.2), score involvements (5.0) and goals (1.2) since his impressive return to the Geelong side.

Mannagh's campaign has been an interrupted one. After making his AFL debut as a substitute in round one, he then played a full game in round two before being dropped to the VFL where he spent a large portion of his season.

But, despite that, his average of 12.7 AFL Player Ratings points across the entire year still ranks him No.2 among all forwards across the competition. Only Adelaide star Izak Rankine (17.3) rates higher for influence.

It also puts Mannagh clear of All-Australian contenders like Hawthorn's Dylan Moore (12.5), Geelong teammate Tyson Stengle (11.9), Melbourne's Kysaiah Pickett (11.8) and Brisbane's Cam Rayner (11.8) among general forwards.

A large part of Mannagh's influence is sourced through his pressure. Since his return to Cats coach Chris Scott's plans, his 58.8 pressure points per game mixes it with the League's best pressure players.

Was criminal he wasn't playing during the year.
Was banging on the table for him to get games and his form proves it.

I know Tuohy isn't the most popular player around these parts, but why do people think that both/either Tuohy & Duncan are going to be managed/omitted/delisted ahead of Saturday?

Both have just come off their late season break and with another break in 3 weeks, not sure the MC is going to unnecessarily rest them again this week
The extra couple of big body's out there will be advantageous if we decide to run Dangerfield at half rat power over the next couple of weeks to conserve those hammies.

He broke a hand v the Dogs in 2022

Broken thumb in the 2020 grand final

Broken hand against the Bulldogs in 22

And reportedly broke his hand against them last month

It's interesting because i read this last night when searching for news on Parfitt - so obviously the hand injury was leaked at some stage but maybe not meant to be made public

Yeah just wondering if it's the same claw/paw.

I know that following his broken thumb, he's basically always played with that thumb/hand strapped - can't remember him playing without strapping

Not sure if it's better or worse same hand versus different hand, but if it is the same hand on each occasion, then you can start to see reasons to why things have somewhat stalled with him - repeated injuries of that nature, especially if it's the same hand would start to play on ones mind

View attachment 2077884

Yes pressure acts and tackles are elite….. that’s his base and everything else has flowed from that. Top effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back