Game Day Rd 4 Geelong V Brisbane Fri April 8 750pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lions had a soft kill last week, hopefully we can give them a physical reminder of how to play a contested brand and shock them a bit. Hoping.....
This might have been a knock on them a couple of seasons ago but I don't think so any more. Hard to find a weakness in their side. Strong midfield + good forward target(s) looks like a good way to beat us on paper, at least until our backline and midfield solidifies and settles. I think we're decent underdogs tonight for this reason.

Reckon it's a pretty one sided rivalry if they're really trying to make it that. They can't stand us and we don't really think about them.

Much more worried about beating the Hawks or even Tigers.
It is. They seem to have an issue with us. Guys like Mitch Robinson always mouthing off and trying to start shit, and their other players mouthing off at Scott last year. We seemingly don't care that much.

I think the absolute arse whipping we gave them on their home deck in the 2020 finals has something to do with it.

This “rallying cry” and “gloves are off” nonsense from Fagan is surprising. Coaches resorting to that sort of stuff in the media is usually a sign of weakness.
Absolutely it is.

It is. They seem to have an issue with us. Guys like Mitch Robinson always mouthing off and trying to start shit, and their other players mouthing off at Scott last year. We seemingly don't care that much.

I think the absolute arse whipping we gave them on their home deck in the 2020 finals has something to do with it.
Surely it's massive for them. And every subsequent finals loss rams home the point. They had us on their home deck in a PF, with a home GF to come, and didn't even come close to getting it done.

I figure it burns like fire and will continue to do so unless/until they manage to break through. Anyway, now they've got a rampant Dees outfit to deal with (who will always have home ground advantage in any GF they play), I don't really understand why they're so fixated about us. Does rather appear that the superficially unflappable Fagan really does despise the Cats. And his players most certainly do. Really hope our boys stay above it and just play the footy in this game.

My favourite Gabba game of all time... which was unfortunately followed by the worst Gabba game of all time (and I was there to watch the crapness that was the Miracle on Grass).

Maybe. Robinson does that with everyone. Mostly to cover up that he's a very very ordinary footballer.

They're a good team, but really not nearly enough pressure has been applied to their finals performances in recent seasons. Even worse than us and while we can't take them easy, I'll believe they beat us at Geelong when.........they beat us at Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely it's massive for them. And every subsequent finals loss rams home the point. They had us on their home deck in a PF, with a home GF to come, and didn't even come close to getting it done.

I figure it burns like fire and will continue to do so unless/until they manage to break through. Anyway, now they've got a rampant Dees outfit to deal with (who will always have home ground advantage in any GF they play), I don't really understand why they're so fixated about us. Does rather appear that the superficially unflappable Fagan really does despise the Cats. And his players most certainly do. Really hope our boys stay above it and just play the footy in this game.

True but they've made choking in finals an art form in recent years and if anything are even worse than us.

Think a lot of the perceived rivalry is for media consumption.

I reckon their small forwards will cut us up tonight. McCarthy, Cameron, Bailey, Rayner.

As far as Captain Obvious calls go this must be right up there. That list of smalls is absolutely elite. They will get heaps and heaps of teams this year.

Adams v Hawkins, Andrews v Cameron will be interesting. Adams got the job done on Hawk last yr up there....previously Hawk has owned Andrews!

Two ways this could go:

- the euphoria and confidence from last week carries through and on home deck we are too strong

- the euphoria from last week cooked us and we roll over to a hungry visitor
Option 3, the euphoria in beating the pies lasted a few minutes. The teams go in evenly matched. It's a draw.

Option 3, the euphoria in beating the pies lasted a few minutes. The teams go in evenly matched. It's a draw.
With Blitz kicking an after the siren goal from outside 50, courtesy of a dodgy in the back free-kick and double 50-metre penalties for remonstration.

You know it makes sense...

Just media driven BS..Fagan probably prefer to come down and get the job done without talking to anyone.
He didn’t have to speak the words. He literally could have said “we just want to go down and get the job done” but chose the “gloves are off” shtick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back