Autopsy Rd 9 Review - Never Go Full Dockery

Remove this Banner Ad

Banfield got into the game and the ball moved better because of it.
Why is he forced to play forward when Frederick, Emmett and Treacy are there?
Is JOM really that limited that coaches are rewarding him at the only spot he can play given his limited agility and body for AFL?
JOM wanted to be a fireman growing up. Not the sort that fights fires, but the kind that finds themselves representing a month on a calendar.

Realised that calendar modelling didn’t pay the bills so took up footy.

I wish modelling would have worked out for him

Honestly, I think anyone who still doesnt think Baker would be one of the biggest upgrades to a single position we can realistically make is just in lalaland. Emmett is who he is, there is very little chance of that changing, games played or not, just watch his games from Peel.
Apparently he wants to go to the toast.

Sometimes the handball game works great and we getout of the contest into space. Other days like today, the rapid hand balls just goes around in circles and we just constantly are under pressure until we turn it over.

We need a plan B when that happens.

Apart from that our goal kicking was pathetic!

Not making any excuses, and I'm not a clinician but I do work in the space of grief/trauma - the timing of Cam's passing wouldn't have boded well for the match.

There's layers of processing and the first 24-48 hours are some of the most difficult - denial, dissociative, doubt and self-blame. The brain just floods with every thought, possibly and emotion and it just becomes too much.

Sounds dreadful but if he passed at the start of the week, the players would still be grieving but likely in a more stable cognitive space to focus and adjust to the task at hand - that's why you sometimes see incredible victories from grieving teams across different sports, but it's often some time after the passing.

On top of that, the 5 day break and lack of regular preparation wouldn't have helped - all the normal routines in place today would've been thrown completely out of whack.

19 scoring shots on goal and competitive play against the best team in the AFL, there's issues to fix in the forward line but we are still heading in the right direction.

Have a stiff drink, go to bed and look after yourselves and loved ones this weekend.
This is a great post.

I also completely agree that if it was the start of the week the players would have had time to express themselves and then work out how they get ready for a game of footy. They had zero time to do this or to know what to really do to mark such a huge loss for lots of them. You could see it all night in my opinion. Even the club and the crowd had so little time to work things out that the pre game minutes silence turned in to an awkward half standing ovation. Such a tough night.

Emmett has a lot of great traits, but his lack of class is really holding him back. I'm not sure what we do with him because he is our only forward currently offering any pressure

I’m sure you don’t need a Swans supporter commenting on your post but I’ve never felt more compelled to say how bitter sweet it is watching a couple of your players effected by the last 24 hours. I’m truly sorry to hve head the news and subsequently seen that raw emotion that is easy to neglect. My sincerest of condolences to all.

On to the match had you taken your chance early completely different match where the pressure of the score board would have changed the pressure of the match. I watch every AFL game every week and beyond accuracy you’ve found a player in sharp. He bobs up every week with a decent showing. Inaccurcy is an issue for Freo obviously. Without that issue you’re probably top
Four.

If anyone is denying the toll of Cam's death, look at the video the club posted with the players lining up at the start of the game. Pearce and Fyfe are clearly emotional. A death like that sends ripples through a community. Even his old WAFL club is in mourning.

He’s just a classier Switkowski the way he plays. He doesn’t kick enough goals
Neither does anyone else, but he'll be a hell of a lot better at setting them up. Seriously, how can anyone watch Emmett, complain about the forwardline then not see the benefit Baker would bring

Emmett is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with the clubs approach to forwards.

Think of small forwards for top 8 teams , most are very classy and dangerous inside fifty. i.e. Rioli kicked 4.3 for port and Stengle 4.1 for cats tonight. Ours just seem to run around a lot not doing very much of anything?

The problems with our forwards are amplified by the fact we have what seems like the worst kicks for goal in our midfield of any team in the competition. Fyfe is a basket case, AB cant hit a barn door, JOM misses every shot he takes, Serong doesn't kick many.

JOM wanted to be a fireman growing up. Not the sort that fights fires, but the kind that finds themselves representing a month on a calendar.

Realised that calendar modelling didn’t pay the bills so took up footy.

I wish modelling would have worked out for him
Bit harsh mate, injuries early in his career completely changed his trajectory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I predicted on 3 quarter time on the game day thread, Walters will kick 2 or 3 goals in the final quarter.

I was sort of right. Someone kicked 2 goal in the final quarter. It was Jeremy Sharp instead

I'm not making for of you Freomaniac, but there is something so absurd and hilarious about this, I'm just too low on dopamine right now to articulate it.

RIP Cam, But Fyfe’s last quarter antics were inexcusable, dual Brownlow, former captain and leader and can’t deliver a simple football task. Might be time to sign off and drive his old man’s truck.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was best on ground one full game ago...

Right DragoDelph you're up, I've read enough for tonight

Emmett is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with the clubs approach to forwards.

Tries his guts out. Applies pressure. Can't kick goals, lacks any class or polish and seems more interested in hitting blokes than kicking goals.

Same old story, we can't kick goals. Oh well, onwards to our middling finish for the year.

Tired Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX
Yeah, if only the classy forwards like Freddy or Jye could kick goals then. Can't blame Sonny tonight. Our class forwards contributed even less tonight because they don't even do the little things.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Neither does anyone else, but he'll be a hell of a lot better at setting them up. Seriously, how can anyone watch Emmett, complain about the forwardline then not see the benefit Baker would bring
Emmett only played his 9th AFL game. It’s all mental.
Need someone like Papley, Elliott.
Simpson can be that.. just a few years off

Emmett only played his 9th AFL game. It’s all mental.
Need someone like Papley, Elliott.
Simpson can be that.. just a few years off
Emmett is not mental, he was the same player at Peel, he isnt magically developing composure or skills

I’m sure you don’t need a Swans supporter commenting on your post but I’ve never felt more compelled to say how bitter sweet it is watching a couple of your players effected by the last 24 hours. I’m truly sorry to hve head the news and subsequently seen that raw emotion that is easy to neglect. My sincerest of condolences to all.

On to the match had you taken your chance early completely different match where the pressure of the score board would have changed the pressure of the match. I watch every AFL game every week and beyond accuracy you’ve found a player in sharp. He bobs up every week with a decent showing. Inaccurcy is an issue for Freo obviously. Without that issue you’re probably top
Four.
Love and respect Banyo đź’•

So.. just going to keep awarding players based on reputations?
That was diabolical.
Where do you draw the line with Aish, JOM, Switkowski knowing they dish that up?
Surely Worner, Wagner, DeLean, Sturt can add better ?

Serong. No one else on the team can come close to his commitment and dedication this season.

Amiss is off the boil this year.
Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 9 Review - Never Go Full Dockery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back