Autopsy Rd 9 Review - Never Go Full Dockery

Remove this Banner Ad

I think players have got to step up, and take on the shot for goal.

This is what pisses me off and has been a problem for awhile now.

How come we have players who have the license to take on tackles and try to break them opposed to just holding the ball up (then generating a turnover)

But we don't have licenses for taking a ****ing ping at goal. Sick of this 2 extra handball, or hit the 35-40M target only bullshit. Only regular who has done this for us is Aish. Oh and a few last week... Against Richmond when the game was over.

Think of small forwards for top 8 teams , most are very classy and dangerous inside fifty. i.e. Rioli kicked 4.3 for port and Stengle 4.1 for cats tonight.

The problems with our forwards are amplified by the fact we have what seems like the worst kicks for goal in our midfield of any team in the competition. Fyfe is a basket case, AB cant hit a barn door, JOM misses every shot he takes, Serong doesn't kick many.
hammer, nail, head.

Our midfielders are devoid of confidence infront of goal. Serong hasnt kicked a goal all year. Fyfe and AB look terrible on set shots. All 3 plus switta, emmett, cant kick at goal to save themselves.

Also none of them or walters can make the distance from 50. If your forwards/mids cant make the distance from 50 you are shrinking the forward line and space becomes hard to find.

So.. just going to keep awarding players based on reputations?
That was diabolical.
Where do you draw the line with Aish, JOM, Switkowski knowing they dish that up?
Surely Worner, Wagner, DeLean, Sturt can add better ?

Serong. No one else on the team can come close to his commitment and dedication this season.

Amiss is off the boil this year.
I'm surprised you named Aish I was expecting Fyfe. JoM and Switta I agree on, both were ****ing useless.

Emmett has to go back to Peel. He is disruptive to the functioning of the forward line.

BB needs to play wing, not half forward.

Geez I wish Sam Sturt could be fit and firing. But seriously, I cannot argue that Emmett provides more than Sturt. Emmett often has a negative influence on how we play.

Pat Voss has a long way to go. I watched him closely and he's a bit lost at AFL level. Unsure what to do. Was hoping he'd offer more. His first shot 40 out, regulation goal, he sprays it and sets the tone for the rest of the game. How does everything flow if Voss nails that first shot?

Fyfe gets a pass card. He was diabolical and shouldn't have played, but I guess hindsight is wonderful and he couldn't have known. Clearly the most affected out there from Cam's passing.

A lot of positives at least. Quite happy with Walker, Sharp, Serong, and Ryan. It's such a weird RNG game where you actually almost win on the expected score but lose by a massive margin. One team kicking so far above normal and one so far below. A really bizarre game to be at.

Such a missed opportunity. God the loss of Schultz is being felt now.

Last edited:
Emmett has to go back to Peel. He is disruptive to the functioning of the forward line.

BB needs to play wing, not half forward.

Geez I wish Sam Sturt could be fit and firing. But seriously, I cannot argue that Emmett provides more than Sturt. Emmett often has a negative influence on how we play.

Pat Voss has a long way to go. I watched him closely and he's a bit lost at AFL level. Unsure what to do. Was hoping he'd offer more. His first shot 40 out, regulation goal, he sprays it and sets the tone for the rest of the game. How does everything flow if Voss nails that first shot?

Fyfe gets a pass card. He was diabolical and shouldn't have played, but I guess hindsight is wonderful and he couldn't have known. Clearly the most affected out there from Cam's passing.

A lot of positives at least. Quite happy with Walker, Sharp, Serong, and Ryan. It's such a weird RNG game where you actually win on the expected score but lose by a massive margin. One team kicking so far above normal and one so far below. A really bizarre game to be at.

Such a missed opportunity. God the loss of Schultz is being felt now
Thought Ryan was well down on usual output. A few cheap possessions in the last after the heat had gone out of the game.

If you look at player performances our older plays who have been on the list for a while really underperformed tonight. Thats not surprising given they would have been closest to Cam.

Think of small forwards for top 8 teams , most are very classy and dangerous inside fifty. i.e. Rioli kicked 4.3 for port and Stengle 4.1 for cats tonight. Ours just seem to run around a lot not doing very much of anything?

The problems with our forwards are amplified by the fact we have what seems like the worst kicks for goal in our midfield of any team in the competition. Fyfe is a basket case, AB cant hit a barn door, JOM misses every shot he takes, Serong doesn't kick many.
We don’t have goal kicking mids. Maybe Young could be one but Serong, Brayshaw, Fyfe don’t want a bar of it.

Emmett is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with the clubs approach to forwards.

Tries his guts out. Applies pressure. Can't kick goals, lacks any class or polish and seems more interested in hitting blokes than kicking goals.

Same old story, we can't kick goals. Oh well, onwards to our middling finish for the year.

Tired Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX
Sums up the Fremantle dockers, almost since their foundation.
Classy, skilful sharpshooters who might be a bit lazy on the pressure side?
Not welcome here.

Genuinely wonder if Bayley Fritsch was a docker would the coach even play him?
Nah Bailey you need to go down to Mandurah and work on your tackling mate.

Hard to review due to circumstances, Sydney had a good game plan.
Tagging Clark worked well. We looked real flat without his run
I'm not a fan of Longmuirs handball frenzy gameplan. Hate it.
Walker played one of his best games for the club, was pleasantly surprised.
Emmett is not AFL quality

Team.
Going to reiterate this.

Critique the performance. Not the performer.

Doing some tidying up. Repeat drivel will get points.

Everyone is emotional, dealing with things their own way, but let’s keep the personal aspersions down shall we?

Sums up the Fremantle dockers, almost since their foundation.
Classy, skilful sharpshooters who might be a bit lazy on the pressure side?
Not welcome here.

Genuinely wonder if Bayley Fritsch was a docker would the coach even play him?
Nah Bailey you need to go down to Mandurah and work on your tackling mate.
Going that way with Sturt.
**** JOM off out the back, and throw him off the cliff. Banfield wing and play natural forwards. End of

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I expect anyone to care but O'Meara when starting forward would man up on his opponent, then as soon as there is a stoppage he would drift up to sit defensive side of the stoppage like a bumper in a pinball machine, not always with an opponent and usually loose back there to block the quick clearance out the front of the stoppage.

On the wing he did similar but started higher up.

There wasn't any directing of players or traffic or otherwise leadership as far as I could see in terms of being a steady head positioning players or getting them back into line with a plan.

Josh Treacy however owns the forward line and blew his lid multiple times as kicks went to the wrong spot over and over and over, not when the ball would or should have gone to him, just when an option was open and not taken.

It's telling that Treacy was the only forward to kick a goal, half of our goals came from the wing and another from defense.

Absolutely rubbish short game, handballing either too high or half a step in front of behind a team mate. Putting everyone under constant pressure. If there is a strike zone like in baseball for a handball to hit, we didn't hit it often.

Chapman made quite a lot of mistakes tonight, he will grow and learn from that. Ran himself out of position and then ran himself into trouble when he isn't big enough yet to shove his opponents off. His current game is a mark/kick style and he needs to stick with that until his body develops. He will be fine.

I think there's a lot to work with, I don't think we will make a dent this season but I think next year will be very good for Fremantle if we can keep our long term contracted players together.

Our flaws haven't been fixed. We're not good enough and being this deep into a rebuild, it's not acceptable.

Amiss has honestly been seriously dissapointing this season.

Midfielders have zero confidence forward of center and even less confidence having a shot on goal
It doesnt help when they play the spare in defense that we dont match up on so Treacey and Amiss have to always go 2 on 1.

Not that I expect anyone to care but O'Meara when starting forward would man up on his opponent, then as soon as there is a stoppage he would drift up to sit defensive side of the stoppage like a bumper in a pinball machine, not always with an opponent and usually loose back there to block the quick clearance out the front of the stoppage.

On the wing he did similar but started higher up.

There wasn't any directing of players or traffic or otherwise leadership as far as I could see in terms of being a steady head positioning players or getting them back into line with a plan.

Josh Treacy however owns the forward line and blew his lid multiple times as kicks went to the wrong spot over and over and over, not when the ball would or should have gone to him, just when an option was open and not taken.

It's telling that Treacy was the only forward to kick a goal, half of our goals came from the wing and another from defense.

Absolutely rubbish short game, handballing either too high or half a step in front of behind a team mate. Putting everyone under constant pressure.

Chapman made quite a lot of mistakes tonight, he will grow and learn from that. Ran himself out of position and then ran himself into trouble when he isn't big enough yet to shove his opponents off. His current game is a mark/kick style and he needs to stick with that until his body develops. He will be fine.

I think there's a lot to work with, I don't think we will make a dent this season but I think next year will be very good for Fremantle if we can keep our long term contracted players together.
Banfield can do this. Runs both ways.
Seems like JOM is playing the Acres role during stoppages.

Oh, and we couldn't take a mark from our talls at all between the arcs like we did when we beat Sydney on the SCG last year. That was a huge problem for us.

Treacy, no marks outside of the forward fifty - big problem.
Amiss, no marks outside of the forward fifty - big problem.
Voss, one mark outside of the forward ffity - big problem.
Jackson, two marks all game and none inside fifty - big problem.

Been saying it the past I don’t know how many drafts: we need goalkickers. Plain and simple. Three or for of those eminently gettable goals from anyone tonight and everyone would have lifted including the crowd. Instead just deflated tyres, hunched players and a bunch of pissed off mugs that paid to watch horseshit footy.

Emmett is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with the clubs approach to forwards.

Tries his guts out. Applies pressure. Can't kick goals, lacks any class or polish and seems more interested in hitting blokes than kicking goals.

Same old story, we can't kick goals. Oh well, onwards to our middling finish for the year.

Tired Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX
I think you can only have 1 of Emmett, Switta, Banfield and Voss in the team. I would probably lean towards Bailey to be honest.

People can bag us out all they want but Sydney the top team get a 6 day break while freo get a 5 day break.

The running game these days doesn't allow for such a turnaround.

Freo could have played Sat night. No reason for a Friday night game.

The AFL don't give a shit about fair fixtures and it affected the game. People can't see it as they don't understand distance run intensity over break periods. It's a simple equation.

Emmett was nice to have when we had Schultz who would kick the goals. He needs a spell in the WAFL now. Too many games with zero impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 9 Review - Never Go Full Dockery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back