Preview Rd3 Geelong V Gold Coast Sun Apr 02 2:10pm Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your changes
I would currently swap Rohan with Henry.
He offered absolutely stuff all last week and could be the type who if you drop gets in to serious form fast
So would I. But don’t think the club will (yet). Easier to push Henry (and Bruhn) in and out of team early given youth and still things to learn. I think Rohan stays in until they decide he is not in best 22 (which could be sometime this year)…Rohan‘s defence still valuable but I think Henry can add elements of that to his game and then wins that spot permanently

Really don't want to risk Stewart after just one week out, especially when a MCL is usually close to a month, at least. I was worried when we played Hawk on the back of an interrupted pre-season, and it has showed in the first two weeks.

He's too valuable to risk, but we'll just have to back the medical staff in if he does play.

I doubt Stanley would in a rush to get back this week Witts towles him up every time.He's a big boy and will give us headaches again.Ceglar no hope.
Ceglar will play

Not out of the question that Stanley suits up for the curtain raiser….(ie. I am not sure he is not injured that badly)…which is interesting

I think there's a bit more being made of the Stanley vs Witts battles over the years compared to the actual reality of things

This is Stanley's 9th year at Geelong & Witts 7th with the Suns - they've only faced off against each other on 4 occasions across those 7 years, and round 22 last year we the first time since 2019 that they played against each other. And don't forget that Rhys was subbed out in that match last year

Add in that since his move north, Witts has also shown himself to be one of the top tap rucks in the league & pretty dominant against most opponents - ranked in the top 3 for total hitouts in 2018, 19, 20 & 22, and the top 4 for hitouts per game across those same years

As per every batches match against GC & Witts, it's not so much about the 1vs1 in the ruck but rather the midfield stepping up to help out the ruck

I think there's a bit more being made of the Stanley vs Witts battles over the years compared to the actual reality of things

This is Stanley's 9th year at Geelong & Witts 7th with the Suns - they've only faced off against each other on 4 occasions across those 7 years, and round 22 last year we the first time since 2019 that they played against each other. And don't forget that Rhys was subbed out in that match last year

Add in that since his move north, Witts has also shown himself to be one of the top tap rucks in the league & pretty dominant against most opponents - ranked in the top 3 for total hitouts in 2018, 19, 20 & 22, and the top 4 for hitouts per game across those same years

As per every batches match against GC & Witts, it's not so much about the 1vs1 in the ruck but rather the midfield stepping up to help out the ruck
That's my point.

So, to put it another way, you're sure he's injured, then?

:think:
Ha…I was going for a triple negative but ended up with only a double!! Didn’t make sense when in bold!

I think he might play VFL (ie. not injured enough to keep him out)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have a tendency to spoil the debates with facts..😀

They will name rhys but he wont play imo.
Depends how extended that bench is…already going to name Stewart who won’t play. Kolo they want to play (so will name him) but worried about match fitness (if we were 2-0 he would come back via vfl I reckon). If they name another one who won’t play (not saying you are wrong) then not many true emergencies left!

You have a tendency to spoil the debates with facts..😀

Sad Cry GIF by TheFactory.video

As per Mitch Cleary:

Stewart named in extended squad but unlikely to play
I would be surprised if he was on the plane.

Be interesting to see if they also name Stanley as I don’t think he will play either…

My guess on the named squad.

Stewart not to play
Cooper to play VFL
Reece to play VFL (or not at all)
Henry to be sub

Your knowledge knows no bounds.

This board is lucky to have you.

Parf not even on an extended bench of 8 with so many missing already... He is really on the outs atm.
He didn't really press his case at VFL level either.

It pissses me off the constant direct or indirect bagging of Rhys as a ruckman - and a premiership ruckman for Geelong

Ticks off alot of boxes- i like athletic players - and he did win a GF Sprint - good overhead mark - long penetrating kick - i like him - and i think he has been good value for the Cats - and because Geel need a win - i hope he is playing against the Gold Coast this week

Alot of posters are keen on 4th rate hacks - like Darcy and plenty of others - oh lets recruit this bloke to Geel - and by the way - what happened to Tom Hickey in last years GF - he got annihilated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back