Banter RDT CLXXXIV - BigSpeakerbox

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always found the concept of Jolene so amusing; like the bloke just plain can't control himself that his Mrs has to go to the other woman to ask her not to steal him.

"He just a simple walking hard-on, please don't tempt him away from me!"

As if that's the kind of partner you'd want to hold on to.
Get what you're saying & agree.
Still, a great song & Dolly was very young and writing to her feelings/emotions, natural insecurities as a newlywed.
Songs from the heart. Dolly Parton wrote a few that are fantastic.

Recommend it?
Was thinking about going to see it tomorrow.
Saw the creator a couple of days ago, enjoyed it.

It's very much the same pace as The Irishman. Acting/directing/production is all excellent but in the end it's still 3 hours of historical drama and violence.

It's good but hard to recommend honestly.

I've always found the concept of Jolene so amusing; like the bloke just plain can't control himself that his Mrs has to go to the other woman to ask her not to steal him.

"He just a simple walking hard-on, please don't tempt him away from me!"

As if that's the kind of partner you'd want to hold on to.
Broader still, I’ve always found the concept of wives of that era putting up with shit husbands quite interesting and depressing.

The example being the dude who was the Night Caller - Edgar Cooke, his wife knew he was a two bit thief and was playing around on the side. I suppose back in those days women seldom worked and they had children.

I know my significant other wouldn’t tolerate the above! Don’t blame her either

Broader still, I’ve always found the concept of wives of that era putting up with s**t husbands quite interesting and depressing.

The example being the dude who was the Night Caller - Edgar Cooke, his wife knew he was a two bit thief and was playing around on the side. I suppose back in those days women seldom worked and they had children.

I know my significant other wouldn’t tolerate the above! Don’t blame her either

Yeah perhaps a sign of the times? Less rights and access, so screwed into lives they would rather not have.

Any good? Tempted.
Even if it is about 3 and a half pee runs

Slow but good. Hard to say "oh yeah it's awesome go see it!", coz it's long, slow and most of all sad.

Yeah perhaps a sign of the times? Less rights and access, so screwed into lives they would rather not have.

Slow but good. Hard to say "oh yeah it's awesome go see it!", coz it's long, slow and most of all sad.
Sounds a bit like Syriana, a movie so boring my mate and I crawled under the seats at Garden City looking for dropped $.
Admittedly we were 15.

I don’t even think we made it to the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds a bit like Syriana, a movie so boring my mate and I crawled under the seats at Garden City looking for dropped $.
Admittedly we were 15.

I don’t even think we made it to the end.
You were 15 and saw this:

A politically charged epic about the state of the oil industry in the hands of those personally involved in and affected by it.

come out and thought "yep let's go see that"?

Yes we did.
I remember we’d recently seen Jarhead and my mate being disappointed that it famously didn’t feature a single bullet being fired

I remember three specifics about that movie.

1. It was long and boring.
2. Some kid dying in a pool
3. George Clooney’s character having his fingernails ripped out by the shady secret police types for some reason

I remember three specifics about that movie.

1. It was long and boring.
2. Some kid dying in a pool
3. George Clooney’s character having his fingernails ripped out by the shady secret police types for some reason
Mop = The A5

Man you gotta love kids. After years of having long hair I chopped it off recently and today my 18 month old niece saw me with short hair and she got scared and was hesitant to come over to me 😂😭

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back