Banter RDT CLXXXVII - Rinse and Repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

I am doing some damage to Guinness this Winter. Just pounding tins and pints of the good stuff
I'm weirdly not a big Guinness fan, I don't actually mind the Guinness extra stout though with the yellow label.
Been drinking the last of my beers I brought back from down south, I really liked the brown ale from Margaret River Beer co

Guinness inside a warm pub in winter gets me feeling some sort of way
Steak sandwich, pint of Guinness and a wood fire in the pub with a designated driver. chefs kiss

Trade out the steak sandwich for a Sunday roast, preferably at JB Oreillys.

Never been a huge fan of pub roasts - the meat is good but I find that they struggle to get the veggies right; they're always kinda soft and limp.

images.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to Kalbarri in May. It was great, although I'd avoid it in school holidays if only because of the extra traffic. Furthest north I'd been in the state before that was Gingin.
Just got back from Karijini. Can recommend. North of Newman, once into the Hamersley Ranges, scenery gets pretty speccy. The gorges are the best.
Love Kalbaz too. Under-rated I reckon.

Random question so thought this was the best place for it. Anyone know anywhere nice to stay in Broome that's not Cable Beach Club prices?

Do not, under any circumstances, stay at Oaks Cable Beach.

Massively overpriced for substandard accommodation and an absolutely dead vibe. Nice on site pool but no bar and the restaurant on site is often closed. Went in Easter and was hugely disappointed for what we paid.

Only other times I’ve been to Broome I’ve stayed at Cable Beach Club but yes that is really expensive. I’ve heard good things about The Billi around the corner but never stayed there myself.

How was the trip mate?
Bloody brilliant mate. The gorges are stunning but also a lot of fun to clamber down and have a swim in. The drive up is long, but unlike heading north along the coast, the holiday traffic is minimal. Plenty of road trains though.
We hired a van and camped at Dales Campground. No real facilities, just the natural beauty of the Hamersley Ranges surrounding you. Loved it.

Do not, under any circumstances, stay at Oaks Cable Beach.

Massively overpriced for substandard accommodation and an absolutely dead vibe. Nice on site pool but no bar and the restaurant on site is often closed. Went in Easter and was hugely disappointed for what we paid.

Only other times I’ve been to Broome I’ve stayed at Cable Beach Club but yes that is really expensive. I’ve heard good things about The Billi around the corner but never stayed there myself.
Stay at Moonlight Bay Suites mate, easy walk to Matsos!
Cheers!

Had a mate recommend Kimberley Sands so will have a look at all those.

Bloody brilliant mate. The gorges are stunning but also a lot of fun to clamber down and have a swim in. The drive up is long, but unlike heading north along the coast, the holiday traffic is minimal. Plenty of road trains though.
We hired a van and camped at Dales Campground. No real facilities, just the natural beauty of the Hamersley Ranges surrounding you. Loved it.

How old do you reckon the kids need to be for that trip? Not the road trip so much, but navigating around Karijini and safely enjoying the surrounds.

I'm a couple of years away from notching up my next lot of LSL, would be cool to actually use it this time and head away somewhere.

How old do you reckon the kids need to be for that trip? Not the road trip so much, but navigating around Karijini and safely enjoying the surrounds.

I'm a couple of years away from notching up my next lot of LSL, would be cool to actually use it this time and head away somewhere.
My kids are 9 and 11 and they managed fine with minimal supervision.

I reckon you'd be mad to take kids under 5, at a minimum. People do, but it just makes life hard. There's too much that can go wrong in the gorges, and there's a few dingoes around camp. There's a display at the visitor's centre of some poor bugger who died saving his toddler as they fell off a cliff together.

For sale: one basketball team, plus lots of silverware.
Paywalled article. Please tell me this isn't just a sale to another entity within the group or something like that? I really hope this is the end of the least successful Cats era since the 80s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back