Banter RDT CLXXXVII - Rinse and Repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

What an absolutely glorious day. Shame it'll be a one off for a bit but nice to shake off the cobwebs of winter at least.

Got out and started cutting down the tree branch that landed on our roof in one of the recent storms. Been too wet until now to get up on a slippery roof

No damage to anything and it’s just resting on the tiles but have to get it down eventually

The small branches I’ve been able to cut off easily enough but not sure how I get the main branch down that’s semi attached to the trunk still and out of reach with a regular ladder

Got out and started cutting down the tree branch that landed on our roof in one of the recent storms. Been too wet until now to get up on a slippery roof

No damage to anything and it’s just resting on the tiles but have to get it down eventually

The small branches I’ve been able to cut off easily enough but not sure how I get the main branch down that’s semi attached to the trunk still and out of reach with a regular ladder

Not having much luck in the roof department lately. Don't do yourself a mischief!

What an absolutely glorious day. Shame it'll be a one off for a bit but nice to shake off the cobwebs of winter at least.
Swear this time last year we had days close to 30 degrees. In fact I think August it’s self had days like today on frequent basis.

Just please be mindful that the main cause of injury related hospitalisations/deaths of males over 50yrs is from falls.
(that's without including slips in bathroom, falls in the house etc that older people are susceptible to, more involving ladders/roofs)
Older neighbour told me that stat when we were cutting trees. I believe it is true.
Has certainly curtailed some of my more ambitious endeavours where I still think I'm 25yo physically. Silly
Slipping down the roof and finishing with weight supported by dodgy gutter sealed it.
If the branch hasn't done any damage, consider getting help once things have dried out properly on the lid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of which Christmas is only 15 weeks away
Go Away GIF

He's always been that type. (Edit: assuming that's actually his account. But I can believe it would be).

I know people that had a bit of a rocky life, went insanely Christian, then got fully and completely sucked into conspiracy theories and became obsessed.

Would not be surprised in the slightest if this is the path that Ablett's life has headed down.

I know people that had a bit of a rocky life, went insanely Christian, then got fully and completely sucked into conspiracy theories and became obsessed.

Would not be surprised in the slightest if this is the path that Ablett's life has headed down.
He became born again circa 1990 and retired from footy for a year or two.

Edit: 1991, lasted half a season before returning.

He became born again circa 1990 and retired from footy for a year or two.

Edit: 1991, lasted half a season before returning.

After his career ended and then the hotel room overdose he was born again again. From what I understand he was a bit of a hanger-on of Jnr during his success, spreading the word.

After his career ended and then the hotel room overdose he was born again again. From what I understand he was a bit of a hanger-on of Jnr during his success, spreading the word.

Great footballer

Total weirdo - even in his playing days

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter RDT CLXXXVII - Rinse and Repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back