List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They are starting 22 because we pick them.

Keath on minimal money has just filled in for Hartigan adequately.

Mackay goes, can be replaced by Seedsman or Milera easily.

Douglas, given his current form would be harder but guys like Galluci or Pohokle will have to start getting games otherwise we aren't developing our list and we will end up with another Wigg.

I know there's a heap on here who like to bash Douglas + MacKay but you have to be joking right?

Douglas will be top 10 bnf this year easily. Has had a brilliant season. There is no replacement for experience, a hard body, and his excellent decision making.

MacKay despite his downfalls is easily out performing Seedsman & Milera. Has had a very good patch since being brought back into the side.

Then you want to replace Hartigan with a bloke who had 5 goals kicked on him in his first game and then on the weekend Hooker/Daniher kicked 6 between them and he was on them for generous parts of the match.

You watch Keath get beaten by the Swans forward line this week.

Also getting games into Galluci & Pohokle will come naturally through their better SANFL form, which is nothing to write home about atm, and injuries etc. We are a flag contending side not a bottom 6 side who needs to get games into rookies.

Wigg is not AFL level and the whole AFL world knows it. He will be delisted and not picked up again by another club.

I know there's a heap on here who like to bash Douglas + MacKay but you have to be joking right?

Douglas will be top 10 bnf this year easily. Has had a brilliant season. There is no replacement for experience, a hard body, and his excellent decision making.

MacKay despite his downfalls is easily out performing Seedsman & Milera. Has had a very good patch since being brought back into the side.

Then you want to replace Hartigan with a bloke who had 5 goals kicked on him in his first game and then on the weekend Hooker/Daniher kicked 6 between them and he was on them for generous parts of the match.

Also getting games into Galluci & Pohokle will come naturally through their better SANFL form, which is nothing to write home about atm, and injuries etc. We are a flag contending side not a bottom 6 side who needs to get games into rookies.

Wigg is not AFL level and the whole AFL world knows it. He will be delisted and not picked up again by another club.

Bit harsh on Keath. Just because he is matched with a player on paper, doesn't mean he was playing them 1 on 1 when those goals were kicked. By the same token, you could say all those goals kicked by Daniher and Hooker are on Talia. Not to mention Hooker's goals were all pure ass from outside 50, not much Keath can do when players are kicking those.

In addition, it takes away the other things Keath did during the game. Lots of positives, big upside for Keath.

I don't begrudge him trying to earn as much as he can, I would definitely do the same thing. I just wish it didn't drag on for so long.

Im fine for him to go, its what the AFL is today. However, I just hope we get good overs for him.

As the salary cap goes up, then so will player loyalty. The AFL needs to find a way for loyal players to be rewarded.

If Rance is the best defender ever, why haven't Richmond been even slightly successful while he has been dominating?

Having lever or not won't determine our success over this or the coming years.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Surely we've learned that from losing Danger? No ONE player will make or break a team. I think we just have to get used to this... free agency is here to stay and the players have pretty much all the power. We cannot trade a player to a club he doesn't want to go to (where the deal is best for us), for example.

Bit harsh on Keath. Just because he is matched with a player on paper, doesn't mean he was playing them 1 on 1 when those goals were kicked. By the same token, you could say all those goals kicked by Daniher and Hooker are on Talia. Not to mention Hooker's goals were all pure ass from outside 50, not much Keath can do when players are kicking those.

In addition, it takes away the other things Keath did during the game. Lots of positives, big upside for Keath.

No that came from watching the game who i saw standing next to the player when they took the mark or trailing behind them. Wasn't anything to do with what was on paper. Granted he wasn't on them 100% of the time but he was for large amounts.

My point is also against better teams he will be exposed like he was v Geelong. Against lesser teams the way our defence works as a cohesive unit protects him.

Im fine for him to go, its what the AFL is today. However, I just hope we get good overs for him.

As the salary cap goes up, then so will player loyalty. The AFL needs to find a way for loyal players to be rewarded.

Agreed, we need to get fair compensation for him.

I think he has amazing attributes no doubt, but if he chooses to go, I'm kinda glad in this case that the Victorian media have made him out to be the second coming of Christ.

I've said before, I genuinely want him to have the best finish to the season we have ever seen. There is no loser in this scenario.

Agreed, we need to get fair compensation for him.

I think he has amazing attributes no doubt, but if he chooses to go, I'm kinda glad in this case that the Victorian media have made him out to be the second coming of Christ.

I've said before, I genuinely want him to have the best finish to the season we have ever seen. There is no loser in this scenario.

I think a lot of Crows anger about that campaigner in Dangerfield was about how little we got for him ffs.

Had we got 2 low first rounders, then I think as a Club we would have moved on. But we got was basically sweet f**k all.

No that came from watching the game who i saw standing next to the player when they took the mark or trailing behind them. Wasn't anything to do with what was on paper. Granted he wasn't on them 100% of the time but he was for large amounts.

My point is also against better teams he will be exposed like he was v Geelong. Against lesser teams the way our defence works as a cohesive unit protects him.
Keath wasn't even on the field when Daniher kicked all 3 of his goals
And you're criticising him because he had goals kicked on him in his first match of AFL football when matched up on a triple premiership player? Really?

Surely we've learned that from losing Danger? No ONE player will make or break a team. I think we just have to get used to this... free agency is here to stay and the players have pretty much all the power. We cannot trade a player to a club he doesn't want to go to (where the deal is best for us), for example.
This is my view now.

I no longer care what players we may or may not lose as we have seen with losing Danger the club will prevail. Our method and structure and the development of players to play in that method and structure is our strength. Not one or two players.

We Fly as one is more tha just a PR buzzphrase. It is now a club philosophy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is my view now.

I no longer care what players we may or may not lose as we have seen with losing Danger the club will prevail.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We are better for the fact players who don't want to be here, leave! Who would have thought that after all the players who have walked out and the result of Tippettgate draft sanctions we would still be pushing for a premiership. Some fans are acting like the world is about to end if Lever leaves. A good club has replacements where possible due to great list management.

Wow Keath stood one of the best forwards in the game in Daniher and did an amazing job yet you reckon he will be found out?

Do you realize Joe kicked his goals on Talia and Lever while Keath near towled him up AND gathered 11 marks in the process!

I think you need to watch a little closer :)

Agree dougie is in stellar form.

And you're absolutely correct on Mackay as evidenced by my lack of whinging about him on this website of late!

Don't use the Essendon game to criticise Keath - he was outstanding . The Geelong game was his first game !!!

Agree re Mackay and Douglas they have been well above expectations for THIS year - been superb in some ways , Douglas in particular but I was super impressed watching Mackay live against bombers especially with his running patterns both ways

Wow Keath stood one of the best forwards in the game in Daniher and did an amazing job yet you reckon he will be found out?

Do you realize Joe kicked his goals on Talia and Lever while Keath near towled him up AND gathered 11 marks in the process!

I think you need to watch a little closer :)

Yeah I agree. He will get better as each game passes. Played little football over the past 6 years. Doing alright considering.

Yeah I agree. He will get better as each game passes. Played little football over the past 6 years. Doing alright considering.

I think this a massive point. Both Greenwood and Keath have managed to hold their spots in the team currently sitting on top of the ladder, having both only just started playing footy again 18 months ago.

It's one thing to change sports and do ok, but you're talking about guys competing with the best of the best after not playing the sport for more than half a decade. That's bloody impressive considering most people can't make an AFL list, despite only playing that one sport.

I think this a massive point. Both Greenwood and Keath have managed to hold their spots in the team currently sitting on top of the ladder, having both only just started playing footy again 18 months ago.

It's one thing to change sports and do ok, but you're talking about guys competing with the best of the best after not playing the sport for more than half a decade. That's bloody impressive considering most people can't make an AFL list, despite only playing that one sport.

Give Keath a pre season in the weights room and he will be even better next year.

It makes you think if the foxtel AFL Show 'The Recruit' focused on players not playing the AFL, it might actually have a chance of finding a few.

Well put. Holding their spot in a team sitting on top of the ladder in the highest competition.

If these guys were playing for a Victorian Club, the media would have a bukkake festival for them.

Also both playing in a winning side. I think it is to early to call on Keith. If you take Port as an example a couple of years ago they looked to have stars all over the park but if you look now so many have fallen as the team has gone downhill. I am not convinced about Keith long term but either way it is to early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back