Records your club is proud of!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe we broke the million attendance in the early 70's ....

two finals appearances in three decades in the modern era and not only still be around but also maintain a huge supporter base. Any other club -particularly Victorian, would've folded ...including Essendon (Notorious bandwagoners...all those premierships yet still probably the least passionate supporters in the AFL -after Melbourne that is,typical middle class establishment team ) and Carlton...nearly died in the arse and had all their "Blue Army" desertin

kevin bartlett years, the eptimome of rats deserting the sinking ship.
Essendon did more than any club to help richmond out in the begging period, show a little bit more gratitude speedy.

Not sure if this has already been stated but Fitzroy hold the record for the biggest winning margin of 190 points against Melbourne in 1978
36-22-238 to 6-12-48.The Dees were lucky Fitzroy didnt kick straight that day or it could of been a hell of lot worse.I doubt very much that record will ever be broken

First club to to beat a non Victorian side in an AFL Grand Final.

First club to win an AFL final played outside of Victoria.

First away club to win an AFL final in Adelaide.

First club to win a game by 115 points after being down in the 3rd quarter.

First club to to beat a non Victorian side in an AFL Grand Final.

First club to win an AFL final played outside of Victoria.

First away club to win an AFL final in Adelaide.

WOW! nice record, who was it against and when was it?

The only 2 record i can think that the crows have are

Only team to have a 100% winning rate in Grand Finals (thanks Geelong for beating Port)

And most Members.

south melbourne/sydney

3 afl legends (more than any other side in the competition)

more brownlows and brownlow medallists than other sides in the competition (distinction exists because some are multiple winners)

WOW! nice record, who was it against and when was it?

1990 round 1 Hawks vs Cats at Waverley.

I was at the game and if my memory serves me correctly Michael Turner goaled to put Geelong in front early in the 3rd quarter before the massive 20 goal onslaught by Hawthorn.

I cannot find any proof of this so if anyone can then please let me know.
Best I could find was Hawthorn up by 17 points at half time and Geelong kicking 4 goals in the 3rd. I am pretty sure they kicked the first 3 which would have had them in front briefly.

1990 round 1 Hawks vs Cats at Waverley.

I was at the game and if my memory serves me correctly Michael Turner goaled to put Geelong in front early in the 3rd quarter before the massive 20 goal onslaught by Hawthorn.

I cannot find any proof of this so if anyone can then please let me know.
Best I could find was Hawthorn up by 17 points at half time and Geelong kicking 4 goals in the 3rd. I am pretty sure they kicked the first 3 which would have had them in front briefly.

I was 56 days old, no wonder i dont remember.
Geelong 5.3 7.6 11.7 11.11 77Date: Sat 31-Mar-1990 2:10 PM Att:41,694 Venue: Waverley ParkHawthorn 3.4 9.11 18.18 28.24 192Hawthorn won by 115 pts [Match stats]

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/seas/1990.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we can give that one a bit of a shake this season Sean.

19 in a row, 5th greatest winning streak. Will become equal 2nd if we beat the Dons.

If we win through to, and our QF we'll equal Geelongs record, as well as being the first team to go through a 22 game season undefeated... And with the bye in round 22...jesus it's close.

Most Premierships in the AFL
Most finals appearances in the AFL
Highest membership in the AFL (non-ticketed included)
Consistently make the largest profit in the AFL
Most Cox jokes in the AFL
*Most games won in the AFL (beaten by Geelong this year :mad:)
Only club to be investigated by the AFL, and as such the only club that can be officially considered clean. ;)
Haven't been last on the ladder in 20 years (10 better than any other club)
Never won a wooden spoon

Remove this Banner Ad

Records your club is proud of!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back