Records your club is proud of!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

We didn't make the prelim in 93, lost to WC in the Elimination Final.
7 consecutive prelims from 94-00. Equal with Hawthorn I think.

However, we do have the most prized of all prized possessions. The only one to exist in the history of the game!
1996_premiers.jpg

We also have the perpetual Champions of Australia Trophy, along with the first and only ever issued Winfield Cup. Both of which the club won in Australian Champions carnival in 1975, and because it was the last carinival ever the club gets to keep the trophies:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Dear God are you even trying to compare that boring dark jumper to the Red & black glistening on a sun drenched MCG??

I have no great love for the Blues but you really would have to be a clown not to recognise their jumper and particularly their song is manifestly better than that of Essendon.

I have no great love for the Blues but you really would have to be a clown not to recognise their jumper and particularly their song is manifestly better than that of Essendon.
Carltons jumper is quite good, no doubting that.

I do however think ours is slightly better ;)

20 times premiers in the premier league over any particular era.

The first VFL/AFL flag ever.

Won most games in a single season in 2000 (24/25), if you include all games for the year of 2000, it would be 29/30.

Longest streak wearing the same pattern on uniform in the world.

Incorrect. North won 59 games on the trot in the royal blue and white stripes. The longest streak in first class football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide?
Last time each club was 16th
Adelaide rd 5, 2000
BL rd 6, 2006
Cartlon rd 22, 2006
Collingwood rd 9, 2005
Essendon rd 18, 2006
Fremantle rd 22, 2001
Geelong rd 3, 2004
Hawthorn rd 3, 2005
Melbourne rd 22, 2008
North Melborune rd 3, 2001
Port Adeliade rd 12, 2000
Richmond rd 22, 2007
St Kilda rd 4, 2003
Sydney rd 3, 1999
Western Bulldogs rd 22, 2003

I never said it was.

Read my post .......... I questioned the OP which year he was referring to.
Most likely it would have been in 1998.

I believe we broke the million attendance in the early 70's ....

Proudest records....14 -5 W-L record v Carlton in Finals:thumbsu:
Only one two teams IMO (Collingwood being the other) that could have only two finals appearances in three decades in the modern era and not only still be around but also maintain a huge supporter base. Any other club -particularly Victorian, would've folded ...including Essendon (Notorious bandwagoners...all those premierships yet still probably the least passionate supporters in the AFL -after Melbourne that is,typical middle class establishment team ) and Carlton...nearly died in the arse and had all their "Blue Army" deserting the sinking ship like rats after only a few years down the bottom for the first time in their history...the aftermath of Jack asnd then the coming of Judd finally exposed most of them to be nothing but bandwagoners too.... no Judd and most of their fans would still be MIA.) as for Hawthorn-- only 5 years after the end of their greatest era (71-91) , in which they played in 12 GF's -including 8 in a row - and won 8...a third of their members voted to merge...:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Records your club is proud of!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back