Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm, that wouldn't be much of a problem but going from playing a 4-day match on the Monday finishing at 6 to then having to back that up with a T20I 2 nighta later I don't know but we will have to wait and see I guess.
Yeah well I guess it's up to the player. Whether they believe they can do that or not.

He should be, i'd have it as Botha, Richardson, Zampa, Sayers and Putland.
Agreed, would love to see this attack.

Richardson seems to have been pigeon-holed as a short form player. I wonder if that's due to durability concerns?

Agreed, would love to see this attack.

Richardson seems to have been pigeon-holed as a short form player. I wonder if that's due to durability concerns?

First class average currently at 37, yeah it's not great but could be a lot worse after 12 matches. I think it's mainly because in the short form stuff he has had a breakout season where he took 4 5-fers (I think), bowled good yorkers and looked pretty threatening which propelled him into the national set-up there. But hasn't really had that breakout performance in the longer form, but I am pretty confident it will come.

Yeah well I guess it's up to the player. Whether they believe they can do that or not.

Question answered, Queensland squad:
my FootDr Queensland Bulls: James Hopes (c), Joe Burns, Luke Feldman, Jason Floros, Peter Forrest, Peter George, Chris Hartley, Marnus Labuschagne, Ryan Le Loux, Ben McDermott, Alister McDermott, Nick Stevens. (12th man to be named).

my FootDr Queensland Bulls: James Hopes (c), Joe Burns, Luke Feldman, Jason Floros, Peter Forrest, Peter George, Chris Hartley, Marnus Labuschagne, Ryan Le Loux, Ben McDermott, Alister McDermott, Nick Stevens. (12th man to be named).
Has Peirson dropped off the face of the earth? Far more impressive as a bat than McDermott and Stevens. I'd guess the line up will be:

Stevens
McDermott
Burns
Forrest
Labuschagne/Le Loux (if they're bats)
Floros
Hartley
Hopes
Feldman
George
McDermott

eth-dog Jimmy is playing 2nd XI at moment in Canberra; reading the QC site, Ben McDermott picked as batsman as is Labuschagne; Le Loux a leg-spinning allrounder so between he and Floros for the slow bowling spot I imagine. Just saw a tweet before that said McDermott had tonned up against the ACT too.

eth-dog Jimmy is playing 2nd XI at moment in Canberra; reading the QC site, Ben McDermott picked as batsman as is Labuschagne; Le Loux a leg-spinning allrounder so between he and Floros for the slow bowling spot I imagine. Just saw a tweet before that said McDermott had tonned up against the ACT too.
If only CV had the balls to tell Wade to drop the gloves and recruit Jimmy, promising 10 games with the gloves...

I stand corrected.

Can anyone give me a run down on Marnus Labuschagne and Ryan Le Loux? Never heard of them in my life.

All I can find is Le Loux is around 30 and has played 2 FC matches way back in 05-06, leg spinner who can bat a little. As the name suggests Labuschagne is South African born, about 20 years old and is a batsman. Can't find much more really.
Cheers for that. :thumbsu:

Yep: I've got similar thoughts about him - if he takes a bag of wickets against Queensland next weekend, he'll surely be in the frame for higher honours at some stage. Maybe the national selectors have him in mind the tour England next year if he has a successful domestic summer.

I think James Muirhead would be ahead of him.

I think James Muirhead would be ahead of him.
No, he isn't. Muirhead has played a handful of FC games. He's a very impressive young leg spinner but so is Zampa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stand corrected.

Can anyone give me a run down on Marnus Labuschagne and Ryan Le Loux? Never heard of them in my life.
They play for the same club up here in Brisbane and have started the season in the premier grade competition in fine form. Labuschagne has come off a record breaking UK summer in which he beat Justin Langer's record for the most runs in a season in the Kent County League. He will likely open with Burns, with McDermott Forrest and potentially Stevens at 5, rounding out a relatively inexperienced Top 5... Le Loux hasn't been training with the Bulls at all, but with Boyce on national duty, and Queensland's reluctance to select Nathan Hauritz, he has been the best performing spinner in grade cricket thus far.

They play for the same club up here in Brisbane and have started the season in the premier grade competition in fine form. Labuschagne has come off a record breaking UK summer in which he beat Justin Langer's record for the most runs in a season in the Kent County League. He will likely open with Burns, with McDermott Forrest and potentially Stevens at 5, rounding out a relatively inexperienced Top 5... Le Loux hasn't been training with the Bulls at all, but with Boyce on national duty, and Queensland's reluctance to select Nathan Hauritz, he has been the best performing spinner in grade cricket thus far.
Well I hope they don't play well at Shield level. :D

Zampa bowls a lot of rubbish. Le Loux played a first class game years ago aginst West Indies, made a 50 but got spanked bowling wise.

Anyone have the squad for the first shield game for SA?
Botha (c), Cooper, Cosgrove, Ferguson, Head, Ludeman, McDonald, Mennie, Putland, Raphael, Sayers, Zampa. I'd guess the side will be:

Cosgrove
McDonald
Head
Ferguson
Cooper
Botha
Ludeman
Mennie
Zampa
Sayers
Putland

Has McDonald opened much in the past because I just assumed he was a middle-order player? If he's not opening then Raphael would have to be a chance unless they just open with Head.
I'm pretty sure he has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back