Toast Reece Conca - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Qu
Need players like Conca and Hughes to negate the other side's weapons. Hughes just needs to learn to play within himself loke Conca has done. Can't remember the last time Conca did something awful that led to a goal, become super reliable.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Question whether we need two.

Playing his role perfectly and playing within his limitations. Think there is a fair bit of leadership benefit from cuddles as well. Loved the back line coming together at the end of the game.

Fair point. I think if Hughes just played it simple though he's a pretty important (albeit very unflashy) part of the puzzle.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
We have Logue Hamling Young and Pearce to come back into the back line. Don't think he will be that important then. He is OK, but we have better. Will be curious to see if the match committee can make the big call when the time comes unlike against Melbourne where we unbalanced out team so as to not hurt anyone's feelings who had played ok.

We have Logue Hamling Young and Pearce to come back into the back line. Don't think he will be that important then. He is OK, but we have better. Will be curious to see if the match committee can make the big call when the time comes unlike against Melbourne where we unbalanced out team so as to not hurt anyone's feelings who had played ok.

Out of that lot, I would only think Logue (and possibly Duman later in the season) could do a similar job as Conca on the oppositions dangerous forwards with speed and he is still very inexperienced. Don’t think Hamling, Young, Pearce would have the same role for the team.

Conca’s ability to lockdown opposition dangerman is very useful. But he is still a limited player when it comes to moving the ball forward quickly by foot and against good opposition like Port or the Dogs having both him and Hughes in the same team will hurt us. If I had to pick on of them to stay in it would be Conca - he is less likely to do a Category 10 mistake than Hughes.
Logue is a better player than both and will come back in over the next week or two.
Hamling or Pearce will also likely come in and ultimately some decent players will be forced to play at Peel. That’s ok. That’s a good thing. Competition drives higher standards. As apuchar said above - we shouldn’t be afraid to hurt peoples feelings. Dimma or Clarkson wouldn’t.

Out of that lot, I would only think Logue (and possibly Duman later in the season) could do a similar job as Conca on the oppositions dangerous forwards with speed and he is still very inexperienced. Don’t think Hamling, Young, Pearce would have the same role for the team.
I was talking about Hughes , not Conca.I wouldn't replace Conca. He has been excellent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back