Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney should be playing Sam Reid in the backline - he's a terrific mark but a shit shot on goal, have him play an intercept role. Their KPP recruiting hasn't been great though, and you have to suspect that that's because they bet the house on Buddy and Tippett and now don't have anyone in the 24-29 age range to match their mids.

Pretty expensive highlight reel to look back on in years to come

In term of marketing and raising the profile of the game locally it's mission accomplished there, but the length of the deal is now becoming a boat anchor for the Swans.

Potentially moving to reduced lists next year as well will put even more pressure on them.

In term of marketing and raising the profile of the game locally it's mission accomplished there, but the length of the deal is now becoming a boat anchor for the Swans.

Potentially moving to reduced lists next year as well will put even more pressure on them.

You'd suspect that the marketing and profile will drop off quickly though if the Swans start missing finals because they mismanaged their list to get Buddy for 10 years.

Yuck.

I'm not as traditionalist as a lot of footy fans, but one of the absolute best things about the AFL is that the jumpers don't look dogshit like the NRL/EPL/IPL.

Clubs have to look for new revenue sources now after the covid carnage - sponsors on the back of jumpers might help the pain a little. Not against it.

Never quite understood advertising like that anyways.
Like what's the benefit for the sponsor?

Are there fools out there who go "Oh wow, I just saw the name of a company on a shirt. I MUST BUY THEIR SHIT!"

Never quite understood advertising like that anyways.
Like what's the benefit for the sponsor?

Are there fools out there who go "Oh wow, I just saw the name of a company on a shirt. I MUST BUY THEIR SHIT!"
Nah, it's more so that particular brand is front of mind when you're shopping in that particular industry.

Also don't forget the nuffs that think everything supporting their football club is good

Nah, it's more so that particular brand is front of mind when you're shopping in that particular industry.

Also don't forget the nuffs that think everything supporting their football club is good
More likely to dislike the brands associated with other clubs though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True. I mean I do all my banking at Bankwest, eating at HJs & insurance with SGIO but I'm not a nuff...

He has been great but it's not good to have a key player on the sidelines,chewing up salary cap while trying to rebuild. Potentially limits their ability to get experience in through trade or free agency.

Imagine if they didn't have Franklin since 2014 though. Sam Reid would have lead their forward line. They probably would have missed finals most years with that lack of scoring power.
ah the Reid brothers. The two most injury prone, overated players this past decade.

Channel Seven managing director Lewis Martin told afl.com.au that the "the viewers will decide" whether or not adding crowd noise was a good thing.

Going to ignore the captive market (and a particularly desperate one this time) argument to justify your coverage quality again, aren't you Seven?

Going to ignore the captive market (and a particularly desperate one this time) argument to justify your coverage quality again, aren't you Seven?

Here's an idea for the professors at Seven.

You have literally hundreds of past games. Pick one, remove the real crowd noise and show us what it will sound like adding your own after the fact. If you cant split the crowd/commentary noise to isolate the removal, call in your commentators for 3 hours work to recall the game. They will probably be glad to be able to hear the sound of their own voice again. Put it up for free for people to stream. If you can't make that palatable, then you have no chance of making it decent whilst it is going live, so save yourself the embarrassment.

Not hard is it?

I don't actually mind the fake crowd noise, especially the example Bundesliga clip from that article.
Although will admit soccer is more favourable for fake crowd noise than footy.

Can't be anymore weird than silence from round 1 that made the games sound like an amateur bush league.
That said, this current administration is quite similar to said amateur league.......

I'm just imagining someone accidentally sets the soundboard to 'Ferris Bueller' mode, where a big fart is played whenever someone kicks a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back