Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Speaking on Fox Footy Live, Jordan Lewis and Riewoldt - who both spent their careers in Victoria - said the desire for atmosphere would trump any home-ground advantage.

“I think players would want to play it there [in Perth]” Lewis said.

“You just want atmosphere. I’d be happy to play there, some teams perform better when there’s a hostile crowd."

"Speaking on Fox Footy Live, Jordan Lewis and Riewoldt - who both spent their careers in Victoria - said the desire for atmosphere would trump any home-ground advantage.

“I think players would want to play it there [in Perth]” Lewis said.

“You just want atmosphere. I’d be happy to play there, some teams perform better when there’s a hostile crowd."

That never gets old.

Are supporters of the three clubs that complain the most about not getting standalone fixtures on Friday night and who never turn up to their club's games really complaining about getting constantly scheduled in the standalone Sunday game that everyone in Victoria is home for because no one goes out on a Sunday evening?
A north supporter started a thread about it saying the 3 small vic clubs saved the AFL from Bankruptcy.

This North fan complained about having a lot of home games in a sunday arvo.

The reality is North, Saints and Dogs dont draw big crowds unless they are good.

So Even if North average 15,000 people on a sunday arvo at docklands vs Freo or Port, North Melbourne are contributing to paying of Docklands.

A north supporter started a thread about it saying the 3 small vic clubs saved the AFL from Bankruptcy.

This North fan complained about having a lot of home games in a sunday arvo.

The reality is North, Saints and Dogs dont draw big crowds unless they are good.

So Even if North average 15,000 people on a sunday arvo at docklands vs Freo or Port, North Melbourne are contributing to paying of Docklands.
So the inference is that North are saving the AFL by helping pay off the Docklands, yes?

Thank goodness, in 1986 WCE saved the VFL,.... which saved North Melbourne at the time, became the AFL...then North, now, broke, struggling, are saving the AFL..
it's amazing... say it in Ricky Gervais...it's hilarious.
Almost too funny to be true.

Thank goodness, in 1986 WCE saved the VFL,.... which saved North Melbourne at the time, became the AFL...then North, now, broke, struggling, are saving the AFL..
it's amazing... say it in Ricky Gervais...it's hilarious.
Almost too funny to be true.
Actually it was West coast and Brisbane that saved the AFL.

Actually it was West coast and Brisbane that saved the AFL.

Except the VFL never received Brisbane's licence money (which I believe was meant to be $4 million like the Eagles) because Christopher Skase. Then Reuben Pelerman lost millions annually trying to prop the club up before giving up. This was followed by:

The AFL spent significant amounts of money to help the Bears survive over the coming years, and the club was provided with priority draft picks and special recruiting zones to give it access to some of the nation's best talent, which over the next few years allowed the club to recruit future stars such as Michael Voss, Jason Akermanis, Clark Keating, Steven Lawrence and Darryl White.

Then of course they still had to merge.

Brisbane did jack shit to help the AFL, they made things worse.

Except the VFL never received Brisbane's licence money (which I believe was meant to be $4 million like the Eagles) because Christopher Skase. Then Reuben Pelerman lost millions annually trying to prop the club up before giving up. This was followed by:

Then of course they still had to merge.

Brisbane did jack shit to help the AFL, they made things worse.

Yeah Christopher Skase was a billionaire and owned channel 7 and the Brisbane Bears at one point.

Yeah Brisbane Merged to a bankrupt fitzroy lions.

Brisbane did one thing, Kept the Fitzroy lions Alive with that merger.

Saying that, I would assume Brisbane were at least profitable in that 2001-4 period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To think this headline is now a national scandal lol

"The AFL is investigating a potential breach of the league's strict training regime after a group of quarantined Adelaide players was spotted training on a golf course in the Barossa Valley.

The players were seen, with footballs, on the second and third fairways of the Tanunda Pines Golf Club – more than an hour north of Adelaide – on Thursday morning"

If the AFL want us to play all our games away, least they can do is let us interstate teams train in groups starting now to help us prep for this dumpster fire of a season.

The players were seen, with footballs, on the second and third fairways of the Tanunda Pines Golf Club – more than an hour north of Adelaide – on Thursday morning"
Are football players moveable or immovable obstructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back