Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to burst your bubble, but those things are worse for you than a normal whopper.
Fully aware of that and that isn't the reason I eat them. I eat them because I made a conscious choice to no longer eat meat, which automatically cancels out 99% of the fast food industry.

Never quite understood advertising like that anyways.
Like what's the benefit for the sponsor?

Are there fools out there who go "Oh wow, I just saw the name of a company on a shirt. I MUST BUY THEIR SHIT!"

Don't you want a smoke every time you see some old footage of a Formula 1 Ferrari?

Thoughts on the hall of fame announcement?

Kennedy Snr got legend status, bit before my time so I'm not sure how warranted it was. Thought tonight might of been Dunstall/Ablett Snr.

Thought Hayes was a very honorable pick for hall of fame. Genuinely one of my favourite players of the modern era.

Cox is now eligible and I think he absolutely has to get in. Premiership, 6x AA, Bnf and club games record holder is a very good CV. Plus reinvented the ruck role for players like Grundy play now.

Edit - Just realised Glass is eligible too. Very worthy player too. Another all time favourite with a top tier CV.

Kennedy Snr got legend status, bit before my time so I'm not sure how warranted it was. Thought tonight might of been Dunstall/Ablett Snr.

Thought Hayes was a very honorable pick for hall of fame. Genuinely one of my favourite players of the modern era.

Cox is now eligible and I think he absolutely has to get in. Premiership, 6x AA, Bnf and club games record holder is a very good CV. Plus reinvented the ruck role for players like Grundy play now.

Edit - Just realised Glass is eligible too. Very worthy player too. Another all time favourite with a top tier CV.
I think the hall of fame is massively flawed in that they haven't already inducted all of the eligible players from past eras. This means that they have to balance adding players from the modern era with going back and adding a massive list of obvious candidates.

The legends thing is also highly problematic. At most, a legend should be someone who fundamentally changed the game and is well known by all in their generation. This would allow a handful at best.

Kennedy is nowhere near a legend. His coaching record is exceeded by others, who also had a better playing record. He also only helped one club, so didn't have a league or game wide influence. On that criteria, Malthouse is a lock and Sheedy is likely as well, not to mention any other successful coaches from WAFL and SANFL.

Kennedy Snr is a Hawthorn pick for a Legend.

No problem with Hayes....assuming both Cox and Glass will be joining him too - 2 of our absolute locks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Note that there are reasons other than their own health for people to stop eating meat.
I'm not one of them yet, but I don't mind a Rebel Whopper. The food technology is getting better, and with the potential dollars we're talking for whoever nails it I reckon really good substitutes are not too far away.
Impossible burgers and any meat replacement are horrible for your health. Red meat has all the essential vitamins and minerals you need from a single source.

All that soy/pea protein and vegetable oil will cause so much inflammation and supply your body with so many phytoestrogens. Look at all the junk below which goes into trying to mimic a burger. Lots of monocrops destroying soil and lots of lab created frankenfood.
1591046433627.png

Impossible burgers and any meat replacement are horrible for your health. Red meat has all the essential vitamins and minerals you need from a single source.

All that soy/pea protein and vegetable oil will cause so much inflammation and supply your body with so many phytoestrogens. Look at all the junk below which goes into trying to mimic a burger. Lots of monocrops destroying soil and lots of lab created frankenfood.
View attachment 885274
Personally I don't believe that ^ is the only meat replacement the world will ever know, so even if it is in fact unhealthy (like anyone eats a burger to be healthy anyway), then (1) there's no reason to believe better alternatives won't continue to be developed, and (2) I'd wager that the above is still healthier for the environment, as well as being healthier & less cruel to the cow, than beef.

Personally I don't believe that ^ is the only meat replacement the world will ever know, so even if it is in fact unhealthy (like anyone eats a burger to be healthy anyway), then (1) there's no reason to believe better alternatives won't continue to be developed, and (2) I'd wager that the above is still healthier for the environment, as well as being healthier & less cruel to the cow, than beef.
Source your beef from regenerative farmers who only raise their cattle on grass not grains. Happier cows and healthier meat. Regenerative beef farming practices have a negative carbon footprint. Monocrops are hugely detrimental to the storage of carbon in soil.

Source your beef from regenerative farmers who only raise their cattle on grass not grains. Happier cows and healthier meat. Regenerative beef farming practices have a negative carbon footprint. Monocrops are hugely detrimental to the storage of carbon in soil.

Plus bits of the core regrow when you cut it off

I think the hall of fame is massively flawed in that they haven't already inducted all of the eligible players from past eras. This means that they have to balance adding players from the modern era with going back and adding a massive list of obvious candidates.

The legends thing is also highly problematic. At most, a legend should be someone who fundamentally changed the game and is well known by all in their generation. This would allow a handful at best.

Kennedy is nowhere near a legend. His coaching record is exceeded by others, who also had a better playing record. He also only helped one club, so didn't have a league or game wide influence. On that criteria, Malthouse is a lock and Sheedy is likely as well, not to mention any other successful coaches from WAFL and SANFL.

Got in for a memorable sound bite.

Sheedy is already a legend.

MM will be a lock when it's time.

Is landscaping a dog shit trade or god tier?
A mate of mine does it and it seems like pretty hard work and hard to get good money. A lot of people will use non-skilled labour for simple gardens, living high end houses/commercial as the main market.

I reckon sparky would be the best trade.

A mate of mine does it and it seems like pretty hard work and hard to get good money. A lot of people will use non-skilled labour for simple gardens, living high end houses/commercial as the main market.

I reckon sparky would be the best trade.

Commercial sparky. Best all round pay, not a dying trade and don't necessarily have to go mining to earn good money.

Heavy diesel mechanic is big money if you go full hog and enter mining but it will eventually become a dying trade as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back