Reid Injury - Calf

Remove this Banner Ad

Still no news on this from anyone reputable. Probably just saw that he didn't train and are making an assumption to try and "break" the news.
They would of heard from whispers around the traps, its different for them than it is for us they would hear these things through various afl clubs or contacts they have. How accurate it is will be another story.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Too slow. Too slow. Cannot play him when Grundy is playing. He can try all he likes-he cannot apply defensive pressure on opposition backs despite that fantastic tackle when he blindsided an opponent.

Rubbish. While he is by no means an elite sprinter, he isn't a sloth either. In the Freo game he...

1. Ran down a midfielder causing a turnover which resulted in a goal, blindsided or otherwise; and
2. Footy was put into open space in our forward pocket and Witts managed to get to a contest against both Johnson and Dawson and at least force the ball out for a boundary throw in.

Can't believe the negativity about Witts, the kid has a crack.

Rubbish. While he is by no means an elite sprinter, he isn't a sloth either. In the Freo game he...

1. Ran down a midfielder causing a turnover which resulted in a goal, blindsided or otherwise; and
2. Footy was put into open space in our forward pocket and Witts managed to get to a contest against both Johnson and Dawson and at least force the ball out for a boundary throw in.

I think Witts will go back to the VFL this week but he is showing some really good signs. Against Sydney we need some senior experience and I think Lynch will do a job this week.

The question about Witts at the moment is is he in our best 22?

The answer is probably not, but I fully expect him to be long term (within a year or two).

As for the subject at hand, Reid, I'll wait and see what happens on Wednesday, it was a Monday training session after a weekend off for most of the players, if he doesn't train on Wednesday then I'll worry.

The question about Witts at the moment is is he in our best 22?

The answer is probably not, but I fully expect him to be long term (within a year or two).

As for the subject at hand, Reid, I'll wait and see what happens on Wednesday, it was a Monday training session after a weekend off for most of the players, if he doesn't train on Wednesday then I'll worry.

Apparently (according to BF) Reid is out for the rest of the season, probably next season as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind some further info on it first.

The only info we have to go on ATM is that he was a no show at training. That in and of itself doesn't indicate that he has done anything considering we still have a further 2 training sessions this week.

FWIW based on previous years training patterns it's relatively normal for senior players to miss the Monday session of a 3 session training week. Wednesday's main session will be the deciding factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid Injury - Calf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back