Reported On SEN - Blues In More Trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

My patience is wearing thinner by the hour at the moment. The Hun is doing our club over big time, despite these events having occurred 5 days ago.

hey... it's the hun... they are driven to report bullshit all the time and not to give a flying **** about facts...

The worst part about the whole culture problem at Carlton is that while the players will be punished in accordance with AFLPA guidelines, behind closed doors the powers that be are telling them that 'we know what you did wasn't that bad, hell we used to do it every weekend'. Unless this WEAK-GUTTED BULLSHIT stops, the Carlton football club will be clinging to 1995 for many many many more years to come.

hey... it's the hun... they are driven to report bullshit all the time and not to give a flying **** about facts...

As TG has stated they will sell heaps of copies of their 'rag' to the Collingwood & Essendon supporting flogs who really do lap this stuff up.

I'm still waiting for the outraged editorial about the alleged assaults by Ryan Cook & Michael Hurley.

There is a lot of BS in that editorial. However, I'm still inclined to believe the operator's of the Cruise regarding the Levi story and that is what I'm most worried about. Peer-group pressure is practically bullying and I think that many people forget just how young and immature most 19 year olds are. I mean in the sense that the maturity isn't there yet to stand-up for yourself, to say no to your older peers, to be happy to cop the bagging for saying "no". I know for me and for a lot of people that I've worked with and been friends with, that that sort of self-confidence doesn't come till the early to mid twenties, so I don't buy the argument that he could have put a stop to it if he wanted to. What you want and what you do are vastly different....if he wanted to stop the drinking game would he have? in my opinion, not necessarily....if he REALLY wanted to stop the drinking game in the face of peer-group pressure would he have? in my opinion, not necessarily....I think a lot of men forget what it was like being a boy.

The worst part about the whole culture problem at Carlton is that while the players will be punished in accordance with AFLPA guidelines, behind closed doors the powers that be are telling them that 'we know what you did wasn't that bad, hell we used to do it every weekend'. Unless this WEAK-GUTTED BULLSHIT stops, the Carlton football club will be clinging to 1995 for many many many more years to come.

Do you really think that is what Greg Swann would be saying? I don't think so.

As TG has stated they will sell heaps of copies of their 'rag' to the Collingwood & Essendon supporting flogs who really do lap this stuff up.

I'm still waiting for the outraged editorial about the alleged assaults by Ryan Cook & Michael Hurley.

I think that you will be waiting an eternity for that editorial MSR.

There is a lot of BS in that editorial. However, I'm still inclined to believe the operator's of the Cruise regarding the Levi story and that is what I'm most worried about.

Why? At the end of the day they are about making money & part of how they do that is selling alcohol. I suspect they may be trying to cover their arse because they could be getting a visit from the licensing authority in the not too distant future.

Spot on. Yet another organisation that has potentially breached RSA guidelines. No doubt the operators of the cruise company were happy to continue to take the players' money.

You can't justify drunken behaviour, but if RSA guidelines were strictly enforced by licencees the opportunities for this behaviour to occur would be limited.

A separate issue, but still relevant. What is the point of operator's taking their RSA seriously when the rest of society doesn't give a shit? It starts from the top. MP's get pissed, PM's get pissed (before my time but it's well-known Bob Hawke was a drinker. Even K-Rudd with his visit to the strippers in the US), I've worked many Police functions - try telling the law enforcement that you're not going to serve them anymore. It doesn't work. They get their drinks. It's rubbish that it is expected that licencees should be expected to follow RSA guidelines when they are up against an entire society that has a culture of heavy drinking.

Why? At the end of the day they are about making money & part of how they do that is selling alcohol. I suspect they may be trying to cover their arse because they could be getting a visit from the licensing authority in the not too distant future.

They've made their money when they sell the $100/head ticket. They do better out of it if less stock is consumed.

this whole RSA being breached (and i am tired of these excuses or deviations) would not be an issue if carlton players, including fevola at the crown, drank responsibly in the first place. it's an empty argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this whole RSA being breached (and i am tired of these excuses or deviations) would not be an issue if carlton players, including fevola at the crown, drank responsibly in the first place. it's an empty argument.

According to the cruise operators, some players were already drunk when they arrived for the cruise. Why were they then served alcohol on board the cruise boat? Being awarded a liquor licence binds the licencee to certain responsibilities, which include not serving alcohol to patrons who are intoxicated. It is a lot harder for an individual to get wasted & cause trouble if their access to alcohol is restricted/removed.

BTW, if you are tired of "these excuses or deviations" don't read them.

casboult was handcuffed or bound, so clearly other people were buying alcohol for him, and who knows what else went on with regards to buying. it's a pretty easy work-around, which still indicates the fault lies at the feet of the players, rather than the RSA. in any case they were kicked off? so the operator may well have followed through in a group type of manner in the end anyway.

i'm tired of these excuses or deviations, so i shouldn't read them? that's ridiculous. i'm tired of them because people keep making excuses for the players when they shouldn't. RSA RSschmay. they got loaded up, and wanted to, and pretty much poured the drink down casboults throat. if you can't look past the RSA and see some kind of inherent problem with alcohol there, you're going to be part of the continuation of these stories in the news.

According to the cruise operators, some players were already drunk when they arrived for the cruise. Why were they then served alcohol on board the cruise boat? Being awarded a liquor licence binds the licencee to certain responsibilities, which include not serving alcohol to patrons who are intoxicated. It is a lot harder for an individual to get wasted & cause trouble if their access to alcohol is restricted/removed.

This is as much scuttlebutt and innuendo as the Hun article. Get off the RSA issue... it's hollow and makes you appear to be clutching at straws in a vain attempt to protect the players integrity, meanwhile looking for someone else to blame. An inherently poor quality of the Carlton FC.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ca...oze-cruise-shame/story-e6frf7jo-1225813309312

"Carlton has also slapped $5000 fines on Ryan Houlihan - who organised the boat trip - and Andrew Walker after they brawled with staff at Crown's Promenade Hotel on Sunday morning."

This is a ****ing disgrace. Ryan Houlihan, you are a worthless piece of shit, who clearly has no respect for the Carlton FC or any of the moral values which the club itself stands for by organizing this ridiculous booze up.

The fall out from this will cost the club immensely. We have already lost a lucrative sponsorship deal, have had the parents of one of our young recruits reveal that their son was forced to drink, as well as reports of several players intoxicated and causing a nuisance, and even had a player arrested. We are the laughing stick of the football world, especially after pissing off Fevola to try and eradicate this culture problem that lies within our once great club.

Houlihan should be sacked, he has nothing to offer and is finished as a footballer. Betts and Walker should receive 8-10 weeks suspensions from home and away games and be relegated to train with the Bullants. If Mitch Robinson is also found to be guilty, his penalty should be even more severe, as he has lied to club officials.

It is clear the leniency shown to players previously involved in so called incidents has had no effect in deterring others from committing similar acts of idiocy. A message must be sent to the playing group. If the only consequences for those involved in this drunken fiasco is a fine and a mere slap on the wrist then the club has failed its fans, its members and most of all the players themselves.

One only needs to look at the likes of Heath Shaw, Alan Didak and Steve Johnson. They are all testament to the fact that suspending a player from what they love doing most, is by far the best and most effective way to discipline footballers, and ensure that in future they will think twice before they decide to piss on the jumper and everything it stands for.

A king hit IMO is the lowest act going around.

Only a mentally deranged person would accuse Pendlebury of causing troubles as for his justification of being king hit. He was in Sale to visit his parents, not a "Booze Cruse" as the Private is trying to stab at the dark in.

He is a model citizen & had caused no issues according to the publican, who said his party were well behaved during the night.

I'll accept your word on Pendlebury's integrity and your comments about king-hits being totally 'gutless' is spot on, but what about Dane Swan and his 'sheninigans' a couple of years ago, where he and a few buddies of his, beat up a defenceless cleaner at Fed Square ???

Can you honestly justify that behaviour ??

would not be adverse to houlihan being given the arse. part of the old guard.

strange as it may seem... i wouldn't be surprised if in fact robinson was leading betts astray.

if i can use an analogy for the RSA issue. teach a man to fish and all that. RSA doesn't teach or address drinker culture/behaviour, which is clearly where any problem with alcohol begins.

I would have thought other clubs would have learned from the Eagles stupid mistakes when it comes to player culture. Though I don't exactly like your club, the supporters don't deserve this shit. I hope it get's sorted out for good...

I would have thought other clubs would have learned from the Eagles stupid mistakes when it comes to player culture. Though I don't exactly like your club, the supporters don't deserve this shit. I hope it get's sorted out for good...

It's ok judd's leadership will guide them through these tough times.:thumbsu:

It's a shame there's only a couple of you willing to take off the rose coloured glasses to look at the big picture here. Yes, the RSA issue with this and the Fev incident is a valid arguement, but do you think the young kid's father would be complaining to the Sun if he was satisfied with Carlton's reaction to all of this? There is a problem at the club which everyone thought would go to Brisbane with Fev. Maybe the executive of the club will be forced now to deal with the problem rather than just send it away and hope that it's all going to be better.

Not that I care.

Good Point FTiger, I find it funny the boys will be facing the wrath of Sticks though *insert stand by your man video*

For me it would be, you either love playing footy/earning heaps of money for playing or drinking yourself stupid.

People in general need to learn that you can still have fun without getting overly drunk and to get rid of the "boys will boys" mentality when you enter an adult world no matter what your age

Its quite possible that the cruise operators refused to serve those already intoxicated any more drinks, in other words they practiced RSA. At the same time, it is also quite possible that these players had drinks brought for them by their 'mates'. The players have no-one to blame but themselves. They organised the cruise and they went to other venues after being kicked off the cruise for being drunk. In the end they are grown men and are responsible for their own actions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reported On SEN - Blues In More Trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back