Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

The inability for our players to get from one contest to the next was appalling.

DBJ floats around down back like a lost dog trying to find his way home.

Burgoyne has the intensity of a damp cloth.

Evans, McEntee, Mead sh*t themselves when they even get near the ball, let alone when they have it in hand.

Jones and BZT are just dumb footballers who panic the moment there is any heat.

Dixon is cooked, just retire we know you don’t really want to be here.

Boak and Wines unfortunately are tainted with this big game choker tag and Butters and Rozee look set to continue with it if they don’t do something quickly.

All kudos to Geelong and Scott. They analysed how to beat us, prepared and executed exceptionally well. Imagine having a coaching group who develops players and a system that is flexible and more often than not has them winning big games. Even when they don’t win you can see the intent.

Really who knows what’ll happend next week. Maybe we send the same team and dominate.

Maybe I’m just delusional lol.

The inability for our players to get from one contest to the next was appalling.

DBJ floats around down back like a lost dog trying to find his way home.

Burgoyne has the intensity of a damp cloth.

Evans, McEntee, Mead sh*t themselves when they even get near the ball, let alone when they have it in hand.

Jones and BZT are just dumb footballers who panic the moment there is any heat.

Dixon is cooked, just retire we know you don’t really want to be here.

Boak and Wines unfortunately are tainted with this big game choker tag and Butters and Rozee look set to continue with it if they don’t do something quickly.

All kudos to Geelong and Scott. They analysed how to beat us, prepared and executed exceptionally well. Imagine having a coaching group who develops players and a system that is flexible and more often than not has them winning big games. Even when they don’t win you can see the intent.
Your assessment on each player was 100% bang on.

All kudos to Geelong and Scott. They analysed how to beat us, prepared and executed exceptionally well.
Scott even spelled it out in the Foxtel pre-game interview. Not by parroting cliches like "it's finals and we need to bring the heat", but by an astute breakdown of the tactics they were going to use to exploit our weaknesses.

Last edited:
After sleeping on it, it's the one thing that I genuinely don't understand. 20 points down in a final, why the FK did they look like it was game over or 100 points down?
Looked like a funeral in there!
Where were the coaches? Where were the leadership group?
That is the biggest and most worrying thing I've seen in such a young group of professional footballers
Yep, they look completely overwhelmed from the first minute

I would take a 100 point loss next week if it would guarantee that the club FINALLY go that fraud out of our club.. But it won't - This is self inflicted... all of it. They should collectively hang their heads in shame.. but they won't. It's a protection racket and we're the suckers who are supposed to turn up and shut up We've got another 12 months of this stench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m so flat today. That’s the kind of loss that could take years to recover from.
I've had all hope sucked from my bone marrow years ago.

Used to berate, scream, yell profanities, stew for days/weeks over bad losses.

Hell, I'd do that if we had a narrow loss. Even get angry some times when we win by 70 points - and I thought it should be 100+.

This club is a joke. I have lost all passion for it.
I don't go expecting to win. I go hoping we don't get shellacked.
A narrow or "comfortable" loss - meh. Whatever.
A win - ahh relief. That's nice.
No fist pumping, high giving, jumping in the air and clicking the heels three times.
A thumping? Just trade jokes with fellow supporters now ("Carn. Ports, we need the percentage" - when ten goals down in a final).

Don't particularly care anymore.
Hard to give a ****.

Bring on the tennis 🎾

Still can’t fathom why Bergman wasn’t on Cameron. We’ve seen him completely blanket him before, it’s the perfect match up. Jez pushes up the ground, and then works back. Bergman can go with him, Aliir can’t. It meant Aliir got taken out of defence which is where he does his best work as our main interceptor. Just staggering stuff, I cannot wrap my head around it.

Still can’t fathom why Bergman wasn’t on Cameron. We’ve seen him completely blanket him before, it’s the perfect match up. Jez pushes up the ground, and then works back. Bergman can go with him, Aliir can’t. It meant Aliir got taken out of defence which is where he does his best work as our main interceptor. Just staggering stuff, I cannot wrap my head around it.
Bergman did play on Cameron though. Re-watch the last 5 minutes of the game. ⚡

How these idiots in admin and on the board can walk past the famous names & faces of ruthless players, leaders & past administrators on the walls on the daily & not learn a solitary bloody thing is truly mind boggling.
My eldest son said he saw something on social media this morning about a guy who reckons he left at 3 qtr time.

Walking next to him was one J V Cahill.
😳

Not sure if true or a wind up?
If the former - bloody hell.

We're now losing the respect of all of our past champions, who think that we are crapping on the Club's storied history of success and achievement 😡😡😡

To me, it doesn't get any more damning than that ☹️

Everyone around us in the stand were saying much the same thing.

After sleeping on it ( not very well) I can only think a side to finish second on the ladder with pretty good form and to panic from the first second of the game can only be put down to having to carry the baggage of having failed miserably so many times before. This result has only made that baggage 100 times worse.
There is nobody who would have expected a near 100 point loss it really beggars belief.

I kept saying to my family and friends to wait until finals before you judge us. That is when the real football starts and sorts out the men from the boys.

I will go to the semi final but I don't see how we can turnaround an 84 point loss. I know North Melbourne did it in 2007 after getting a 106 point flogging, again from Geelong, in the Qualifying, recovered to beat Hawthorn in the semi but then got spanked in the Preliminary Final by us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back