Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we were in front for 15 seconds the whole night

Yes, but it wasn't in Q1. It was 8'45" into Q2. We had a bad start, then we came back. However, that was it.

When we took the lead, the score was 10/5.5:35 to 11/4.7:31. Score-wise, the game was fairly even, but we were in front.

What happened after that is insane:

- until HT
Port, 3/1.2:8
Cats, 7/5.2:32
- Second Half
Port, 6/1.5:11
Cats, 20/11.9:75
- Total
Port, 9/2.7:13
Cats, 27/16.11:107

We gave up.

Compare the players Sam Mitchell has bought in and Chris Scott has bought in - 6 & 7 players. Same with bevy and the bulldogs. Our trades last yr looked pretty good. Why are we in the position we are in.
Wrong account, mate.

I know this is a rather bizarre note, but it seems that commentators seem to refer to port adelaide as 'Kenny's men' We aren't port adelaide we are the kenny hinkley football club he's been here for so long that he's been etched as some sort of martyr; something is wrong with this club.
We're "Kenny's Men" until we get the shit smacked out of us in a final on our home deck and become "Lack of Cattle".

Yes, but it wasn't in Q1. It was 8'45" into Q2. We had a bad start, then we came back. However, that was it.

When we took the lead, the score was 10/5.5:35 to 11/4.7:31. Score-wise, the game was fairly even, but we were in front.

What happened after that is insane:

- until HT
Port, 3/1.2:8
Cats, 7/5.2:32
- Second Half
Port, 6/1.5:11
Cats, 20/11.9:75
- Total
Port, 9/2.7:13
Cats, 27/16.11:107

We gave up.

Yep. Anyone that was at the game saw this. Right at this point we started to get out classed.

We were hand balling then getting tackled straight away. Geelong were polished.

Our defence was good and did their best. Getting the ball out of defence was a nightmare.

Our forward line is quite poor besides georgiadas and a bit of flair from rioli.

Boak, wines, drew and sweet were horrific after the first quarter.

My gripes were the forward line and midfield.

The better team won on the day. We can come back from this. We have to play better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Anyone that was at the game saw this. Right at this point we started to get out classed.

We were hand balling then getting tackled straight away. Geelong were polished.

Our defence was good and did their best. Getting the ball out of defence was a nightmare.

Our forward line is quite poor besides georgiadas and a bit of flair from rioli.

Boak, wines, drew and sweet were horrific after the first quarter.

My gripes were the forward line and midfield.

The better team won on the day. We can come back from this. We have to play better.
We can come back from this, if we do the following today:
  • Sack Ken & Chad (CD can then resign, seeing as he is unlikely to sack himself)
  • Delist Dixon, McEntee, Evans
  • Drop Ratagolea, Mead. I'd say Jones too, but HBFs are thin on the ground
  • Demote Rozee. I don't know who to make the captain, but someone with leadership qualities would be a start

Play the kids:
  • Sinn for DBJ -> DBJ for McEntee
  • Lorenz for Mead
  • Lord for Ratagolea
  • Marshall for Dixon
  • Anasta for Evans

I wish I knew how to make our rockstar midfield play like footballers, but I don't have any answers there. That's on the new guy to fix.

We can come back from this, if we do the following today:
  • Sack Ken & Chad (CD can then resign, seeing as he is unlikely to sack himself)
  • Delist Dixon, McEntee, Evans
  • Drop Ratagolea, Mead. I'd say Jones too, but HBFs are thin on the ground
  • Demote Rozee. I don't know who to make the captain, but someone with leadership qualities would be a start

Play the kids:
  • Sinn for DBJ -> DBJ for McEntee
  • Lorenz for Mead
  • Lord for Ratagolea
  • Marshall for Dixon
  • Anasta for Evans

I wish I knew how to make our rockstar midfield play like footballers, but I don't have any answers there. That's on the new guy to fix.
JHF needs to be captain

We delisted Bonner and kept Lachie Jones.......Oh and wait we signed him for another 2 f*cken years!! This club is sh*te and deserved what it got last night. Comical performance and a master stroke of coaching by the great man. #StraightSets

No changes thread yet? Is that because it doesn't matter how many changes we make, nothing will change?

old mate already said we’re going around with the same cattle next week and wont make wholesale changes because “we dont have the personnel” gold passes at its finest. Makes you think, does any other club in the comp besides gold coast west coast and north shit on their own players as much as us? how degrading would it be hearing that time after time when you’re outside the best 23 and a young playwr

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back