Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

That was the feeling I got straight after half time, sort of a resignation by Ken that strategically this game was gone so they pulled the plug.

Either that or there were some big bets going on behind the scenes. Game felt like it was thrown.
What like the last 5 finals we have thrown? Don’t be ridiculous.

You could feel every single bit of oxygen get sucked out of the stadium as soon as Butters was putting on the vest after half time. We 100% packed it in.

The news itself felt like a capitulation.

Good old fashioned choke
It’s all between the ears
Tempted to go down the club with 40 odd copies of the book ‘the inner game of tennis’ & hand em out to all the players
Happy to buy em so long as they read em
Really great read for any aspiring athlete

At half time it literally looked like they just gave up

Monkey is well and truly on the back now

And disloyalty. Good old Bela Lugosi.
Don't know who would have laughed harder on hearing him try and make a joke at the expense of half of the state's footy fans (and voters) - Labor Premier Malinauskas or the guy he white-anted to get the job of SA opposition leader, David Speirs.

As expected, Koutsantonis is loving it and has reposted ever TV news cover of the joke on his twitter feed (will take any further comments to the politics thread).

Mind you I'm not sure if Kout's spin doctor and mad Crows fan Tom Richardson will have a long career.

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 8.35.59 PM.png

Last edited:
He is dumb as f7$k
Literally just committed political suicide
Nah his political fortunes were pretty bleak to begin with being an SA liberal

Buuut he’s right I mean we are celebrating C7s schadenfreude, putting “Hinkley out” stickers on club signs and posting endlessly in here about how much we hate that aspartame ****ed campaigner …

I don’t get the anger tbh

I vant to take your wotes. I am a funny guy.

Have a look at these teeth, muahaha

bela lugosi horror GIF by Shudder

David Speirs didn’t take long to exact some revenge. He’s said the state Liberals should be placed into federal administration to avoid an election disaster. What a dysfunctional lot.

Tarzia's going to be sorry he crossed Speirs, he'll be snipping away from the cheap seats forever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, as leader of the SA Liberals he would know a fair bit about losing.

Wasn’t the last Liberal SA Premier also a Port barracker?

We exist to win political Premierships.

Mind you I'm not sure if Kout's spin doctor and mad Crows fan Tom Richardson will have a long career.

I love banter. That’s a good one and shows how scared they were.

Even with Koch and Hinkley, they were afraid that this time it might have been different.

He is dumb as f7$k
Literally just committed political suicide

He already had. I was a lifelong liberal voter and sit in his electorate. I vowed never to vote liberal again while he is contesting a year or so ago. He is the epitome of who you don’t want in politics and that was just another example.

Jones has been a massive disappointment since he was drafted absolute dud should of let him go to Collingwood when they bid on him offers nothing just a jasper pittard with a mullet
except he was way worse, one of the worst players Iv even seen get a consistent run in an top 8 afl team

I love banter. That’s a good one and shows how scared they were.

Even with Koch and Hinkley, they were afraid that this time it might have been different.
Koutsantonis' reply btw was to tell Richardson to look at the terms of his Enterprise Agreement.

Which underlines your point about friendly banter between mates and colleagues about our footy teams being a part of who we are or at least pretend we are. But there's a clear line there that most of us understand where banter turns to simpleton idiocy.

Don't think Tarzia thought that through. Or maybe he did, which is worse
Yep.

The fact that he delivered that robotic line without a script and then turned down to read from his notes about the things that he is actually paid by taxpayers to focus on - jobs, hospital ramping, energy costs that sort of thing - says it all.

Tactics that probably worked a charm in his schoolboy days as Rostrevor College Dux and Head Prefect but not when it comes to getting those outside his coterie from actually liking or respecting him.

But there's a clear line there that most of us understand where banter turns to simpleton idiocy.

It’s not so clear. There’s some gray area. We should give people some leeway: “Mate, you may be overstepping with this one.

For instance, I know that my personal line is further than most people’s. I’m always at risk of overstepping someone’s own line. Still, the limit of a joke is being funny.

I have a test that I apply to banter. It must be funny and work both ways. Reverse the roles. If it’s still funny, it’s fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back