Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

except he was way worse, one of the worst players Iv even seen get a consistent run in an top 8 afl team
Jones shits me to tears
Lost count of the number of times he let the ball go behind him
Cardinal sin for any defender & he does it all the time
Other Jones stunk really bad too
Those advocating he stay forward were correct
Playing Sweet injured was dumb
Visentini killed Geelongs rucks last time

That's what a Hinkley team looks like with no stars winning the game for him.

No avenue to goal except through Georgiades.
Hardly any marking in the F50.
We continually bombed it in and it came out just as fast.

Stoppages and clearances from stoppages and scoring from stoppages all gone.

Geelong continually working hard to provide extra run and carry. The midfield not working backwards.

Regarding the forward line, after Georgiades and Rioli, they can all go.

Jed is not an AFL player.
Dixon has been cooked for a couple of years.
Francis Evans is not going to win finals for you.
Narke is backup at best.

Bergman and Aliir were good down back.

Butters injured.
Rozee down but put in effort.
The Hornet kept on trying.
The Three Amigos had a night to forget.
Wines was OK.
Drew was OK.
Sweet battled on.

Their small and medium forwards cut us up. Miers, Close, Mannagh, Stengle with their midfield chipping in running forward.

Geelong players are smarter and know their gameplan will work. Supreme confidence throughout the game. Geelong players were also stronger physically in all areas of the game.

The game was won before the ball was bounced. Hinkley is a dud. It was their overlap and running that killed us.

It is going to be an uphill battle to win against the rampaging Hawks.

Sack Hinkley.

Last edited:

If i lived in Adelaide i would probably go, i'm going to get just as frustrated watching at the TV at home i may as well be there letting it all out rather than waking the kids.

But i'm not driving 3 hours and taking time off work for this shit show.
I can literally walk to Adelaide Oval from my house and I'm still not going.

Agreed so sad to see but if some of our past players have a voice and back up the supporters or Tredrea, this may have been over with a few years ago.

All the same a horrible situation.
I was a big fan of Tredrea, but last night he was a club apologist and it was sad.

After the game someone rings in and says are you serious...JHF didn't come on until after 7 and a half minutes...in a final!!?? AND not just in the first quarter but also the second quarter!!??

They then go out of their way to explain that was a clever strategy- because, get this!! If you start with JHF, when he goes for a breather, the guy you replace him with is your B team, and geelong's A team will then beat our B team, therefore he needs to be ready just in case.... by NOT being on the field.

Yeah I couldn't believe they couldn't see the logic errors in that either. My wife who doesn't care for the game was laughing her arse off at this and the calls. He and Timmy, of all people, not only swallowed that killer strategy bath water, but vomited it back at us

Don't even get me started on his growing endorsement of Kochs great legacy at the club.

It appears they've both been read the "do you want to keep this job?" act by 5AA/ PAFC/ AFL, and they were in Ken , Koch and club apologist role last night.

And the calls were screened to bring on Ken bois

Not worth listening to next week if they refuse to be honest or objective.

Can I listen to Brogan, Delaney and Clayton commentate instead?

Jones has been a massive disappointment since he was drafted absolute dud should of let him go to Collingwood when they bid on him offers nothing just a jasper pittard with a mullet
Agree.

I'm a fan believe that if you want to have a stupid moustache and haircut on an AFL football field that's your prerogative, but you want to be able to walk that talk with your performance

Donald dickie won't ever live down stupid haircut Decades ago

The guy is a complete and utter spud. He looks like Ray gun doing the fold on the field.

We gold pass such pathetic players.

I was a big fan of Tredrea, but last night he was a club apologist and it was sad.

After the game someone rings in and says are you serious...JHF didn't come on until after 7 and a half minutes...in a final!!?? AND not just in the first quarter but also the second quarter!!??

They then go out of their way to explain that was a clever strategy- because, get this!! If you start with JHF, when he goes for a breather, the guy you replace him with is your B team, and geelong's A team will then beat our B team, therefore he needs to be ready just in case.... by NOT being on the field.

Yeah I couldn't believe they couldn't see the logic errors in that either. My wife who doesn't care for the game was laughing her arse off at this and the calls. He and Timmy, of all people, not only swallowed that killer strategy bath water, but vomited it back at us

Don't even get me started on his growing endorsement of Kochs great legacy at the club.

It appears they've both been read the "do you want to keep this job?" act by 5AA/ PAFC/ AFL, and they were in Ken , Koch and club apologist role last night.

And the calls were screened to bring on Ken bois

Not worth listening to next week if they refuse to be honest or objective.

Can I listen to Brogan, Delaney and Clayton commentate instead?
The JHF thing was ridiculous start him in the forward line at the very least.
Then they don’t learn from the first quarter when we are getting smashed and start him on the bench in the second in a final! It’s beyond belief.

Jase Burgoyne had real trouble with Ollie Dempsey , good player that lad , they swapped wings and Boak went to him after half time .
I’d say we were either over excited and exhausted by game day or over confident and expect to-happen .
We worked hard to stay in touch in the latter parts of the first quarter , started to gain a bit of control , same early second quarter , we got in front , though it was going to roll on and relaxed a tad and Geelong never looked back from then on .
They should’ve been managed better than that and ready for a fierce contest .

Unfortunately no, I was in Jakarta for work and flying back to the Middle East (home). I’m flying back into Dodge on Wednesday to see my kids and unfortunately probably the football. My kids range from 18-24 they went to the game last night and pregame entertainment was “that’s where we sat for the West Coast losing final, that’s where we sat for the Richmond losing final, the GWS……” a very different experience than mine as a kid at Alberton and footy park. Thankfully they have grandparents who were there in 2004.

I’m flying home to the Middle East Thursday……hope you experience a better game than I did!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No point in posting in this thread. Go over to Sack Hinkley and vent, then put your words to good use by letting the Club know that we're thoroughly sick of this fraud and all he hasnt achieved in 12 years. It's time.

15 goals to 1 in the last 80 minutes of game time tells you how well we were prepared. Yeah we have injuries/suspensions but so does **** everyone at this time of year.
Tried that & the club couldn't be bothered to address my email. Think they were probably inundated with similar messages which highlights how little they rate supporters opinions.

Jase Burgoyne had real trouble with Ollie Dempsey , good player that lad , they swapped wings and Boak went to him after half time .
I’d say we were either over excited and exhausted by game day or over confident and expect to-happen .
We worked hard to stay in touch in the latter parts of the first quarter , started to gain a bit of control , same early second quarter , we got in front , though it was going to roll on and relaxed a tad and Geelong never looked back from then on .
They should’ve been managed better than that and ready for a fierce contest .
That kid is going to be a problem for a long, long time

Was scary good

You could see it in their pre-game huddle how confident the Cats looked, Dangerfield was giving the speech and he looked like he knew the game was theirs before it even began. I reckon he just told them how nervous we'd be and how much expectation was on our players after our previous piss poor finals, they were extremely confident, and why shouldn't they be.

Meanwhile we had little Rozee quietly telling the boys to relax, kick it long to the big cripple and hope for the best.

Completely uninspiring pretty-boy choice as captain. And it would be even more embarrassing to strip him of the captaincy now. We really shot ourselves in the foot with this one and I fear it's going to cost us for years.

I still can't wrap my head around starting jhf on the pine for the first 2 quarters. There should be a royal enquiry

JHF has started on the bench in many games and quarters this year. It's very common. Totally stupid.

Although I guess it's important for captain courageous to start in the middle to really set the tone with his uncompromising effort, brilliant tackling and unrivalled ability to win the hard ball.

JHF has started on the bench in many games and quarters this year. It's very common. Totally stupid.

Although I guess it's important for captain courageous to start in the middle to really set the tone with his uncompromising effort, brilliant tackling and unrivalled ability to win the hard ball.
So true. We were positioned behind the Port bench on Thursday night and could not believe JHF started on the bench when imo, he should have started on the ground even at the very least up forward. I perceive it as another of Ken’s loser mentality almost waving the white flag before the game begins. I know it has been talked about here before, but his constant talking up of the opposition prior to games etc. surely it permeates into the mind of the players who seem to p,at scared when we play finals. Shits me to tears. The sooner he is out the better.

That kid is going to be a problem for a long, long time

Was scary good

Pick 15 in the 2022 rookie draft. Still shaking my head.

So true. We were positioned behind the Port bench on Thursday night and could not believe JHF started on the bench when imo, he should have started on the ground even at the very least up forward. I perceive it as another of Ken’s loser mentality almost waving the white flag before the game begins. I know it has been talked about here before, but his constant talking up of the opposition prior to games etc. surely it permeates into the mind of the players who seem to p,at scared when we play finals. Shits me to tears. The sooner he is out the better.

It's relentless, he even did it in the pre-match press conference. Just shut the frig up with your loser talk. Who ever hears Chris Scott talking like that?

This performance is entirely on the coach:
  • Our 'gameplan' (for want of a better term), which has for the fourth year in a row completely flopped in finals. We got absolutely belted in the midfield, defence were a step behind all night, and the forwards were unable to provide any relief through a contested mark. Why our forward movement revolves around crumbing, when our small forwards are our weakest position (Rioli exception), is yet another indication our coach has no idea.
Spot on other than the crumbing part. Other than Rioli, our small forwards are coached to scrag and defend their defender. No interest in crumbing a goal or creating space.

Couple of forward entries in the third quarter and both Evans and Mead were literally just wrapping their arms around their defender, zero interest in breaking free to get to the feet of our talls who would have struggled to mark a beach ball.

We only had 4 less inside 50’s than geelong. Imagine having small forwards who are coached to crumb and kick goals.

PS, starting JHF on the half back line for the starting 7 mins of each quarter would have been a better option than the bench.

Overexcited lol

Finals!

schwing GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Review: 2024 QF v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back