News Review Completed

Remove this Banner Ad

Have no idea. We are also going into 2017, why would things in 2008 work today? Plus we are talking about different people in a different set up. Not sure the relevance.

Must admit, that was my first thought. Actually second. I was delighted to see Balme had joined but yes when I looked into it what you say strikes me as what has occurred.
Yep, the story is Balme and by the way.....

So Dimma is now aware that he can't coach, his game plan is out of date and useless, he can't motivate the players or get them prepared in the off season to hit the ground running for the early part of the year, or play players in their correct positions or identify players that are under performing and drop them..... Phew glad the club has sorted all that out and told Dimma so next year we should be sweet, damn RFC why did it take so long to communicate this with the coach.

Anyway now he is aware and Balmy is back next year we should be top 4.

Need to #eco Tango67

Balme is a great appointment, one we should have made 15 years ago, 10 years ago, five years ago. Better late than never. He's an excellent operator.

On the recruiting department, we have drafted well the past two years. I can only put this down to a divestment of ultimate power from Frank to a more committee approach. I might be wrong, but my understanding is they have rated and chosen players based on equal input from each member of the team.

All I know of Clarke is what I saw in the 2014 draft vid they did, but from that he seems to know a footballer. Ditto Williams.

We live in hope.

Lol I did a long time ago, I just think we have enough talent to do far better than we are and have, we have a great club and great passion in our supporters.

I look at what the Hawks did from far worse than us, they had no money and no support and were in a similar footy position, compare us now?

Lol I did a long time ago, I just think we have enough talent to do far better than we are and have, we have a great club and great passion in our supporters.

I look at what the Hawks did from far worse than us, they had no money and no support and were in a similar footy position, compare us now?
Definitely not a #eco statement but I hear you man

Well I would argue,
1. he can't coach and his win record backs that up,
2. His gameplan was found wanting and his lack of flexibility and creativity cost us games
3. Motivating players would be in dispute as they turned up to beat the pies but were under heavy criticism and scrutiny by the press so that could have motivated them, finals have been a bust and pressure games they have folded like cards
4. They have not started a season well since Wallace so I suggest they are not prepared properly for the early part of the year
5. He has continually played players out of position and refused to drop under performing players

So he is now aware or he is not or he refuses to accept and take the blame, is it all his fault no not really but he sets the bar and the expectations and he is responsible for raising or changing it so the buck stops with him.

Regardless of him as a person, he may be a great bloke I think he is limited as a coach, I think he is stubborn, lacks creativity and won't make the hard calls and I seriously question his footy nouse as he gets lost in games and can't or won't react.

Poor post you say, take it as it is, I say it the way I think because it's my opinion.

I think we have wasted a few years and possibly a few careers along the way and only time will prove me right or wrong.
Fair enough! Won't get any argument from me on that gameplan, putrid and must change. But as I said earlier, he's had only this year where we've gone backwards in terms of wins and I think anyone deserves a chance to right that.
He would have his strengths and weaknesses, just like any of us, and as Gale said on AW, Hardwick would have read the report I'm sure and it was confronting on all accounts in relation to him. Up to him to take it on board for what it's worth and learn/improve. Proof will be in the pudding

Garbage. Anyone that steps into the role would be across the current player landscape or they wouldn't be suitable in the first place. Now you've got a guy that's failed when he was completely invested in the position, making the decisions after basically being told by the club he is no good in the role.

I'd much rather role the dice with the new guys calls than go with a bloke that we've already decided isn't up to the task
How do you know he is making the decisions I would think the new guy would be doing that as FJ is only part time now.

The club has been very clever/sneaky in announcing both the Balme appointment and the "restructure" of the FD at the same time. They are using Balme as a smokescreen for their inability to carry out a thorough restructure including necessary sackings of the seriously underperforming FD.

The board are the ones that have underfunded the FD dept. That is the area that should be addressed. We get a chance to change it at the election.

Totally agree but you can't tear up the contracts. New board or not.

I thought people wanted contracts torn up.... It happens all the time.

I'm quite content to let things continue with the first lot of changes made for 2017 and then Balme will make plenty more during and after 2017.

We had a crap year but I've sat through many crapper years with less action afterwards.... We will either improve or get crapper. Crapper imo would be staying the same as this year in terms of wins/losses or losing more games. Better would be making the 8 or even just missing but missing by playing a type of football that will stand up in finals with players who will be good players even if they aren't ready yet.

If we start like we have in previous years, we'll have a different coach by the bye rounds. I'm perfectly happy to let results take care of this. Not going to melt in September, October, November (pending trades;)), December, Jan, Feb or March about it. Understand full well that many on here will melt ad nauseam for the next few months. As is their right to do so. If it all works out and we improve greatly, they (the melters) will say it should've happened sooner. It should have too. We've been waiting since 1980 for a flag.... But if we improve, let's just hope that everyone is happy that we are improving. I enjoyed the previous 3 seasons far more than this one and would much prefer to go back to winning seasons as a minimum.

So they've basically just promoted from within, kept Jackson making decisions for the coming draft even though he is a proven failure and made no comment on hardwicks performance.

Sorry but that's underwhelming to say the least.

Balme has fallen into our lap due to Collingwood mistreating him. That's the only win and it isn't of our own making

Couldn't have said it better myself T Man.
Just a bit of window dressing to be seen to be doing something.
Internal transfers, are they having laff?
Nothing to see here, move along.
As you said Balmy is the only positive change here but he fell in their lap thanks to the Pies shafting him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was huge fan for Hurn, Ziebel, Grundy , Parker Heppell and others does that make me me a recruiter.
We have seven yrs of this bloke just look at our recruiting in that time it is a recruiting department it aint all down to one man.
When you have finished looking at our recruiting since 08 go look at Melbournes for the previous 11 years.

Surely we can do better. but no lets give the job to one of the boys.
And your list of pick success may be good. But for context we need to know your failures. Who were you keen on that stank it up? Without including that list with your successes your just playing a game of auto-fellatio

His role was to get on KB's show (and others) and be very evasive at answering questions. He's very good at it. Bit like Paul Roos as well.
I hated that hour on KB's show, it was worse than the golf show before/after it.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Review Completed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back