Review REVIEW GWS vs DOGS YES WE ARE IN THE ******* GRAND FINAL! YOU ******* BEAUTY

Remove this Banner Ad

A few extra thoughts:

- All year Stringer has been bashed for being selfish. He's got the ball 35 out on the boundary, 35 seconds to go. A goal wins it. But the team thing to do is to hit a target and take 30 seconds off the clock. He ignores the goals completely and hits Dickson perfectly. Good man. Take that, footy media.

- How incredible was JJ's running? The guy can go at full speed all night. He didn't drop off a yard of pace from the 1st bounce to the final siren. It's an incredible athletic feat, not to mention seriously gutsy.

- And I shouldn't forget Hamling and Roberts. Both were clearly outmatched. But both played so smart. Smart usually wins.

- GWS clearly got the memo that Dickson melts under physical pressure. Not tonight he didn't. Attaboy Tory!

Exactly. Completely agree. Well done Jake.

Wow, I still cant believe it. My Dad who saw the 54 Grand final was so stressed he refused to watch the game, he went out to a movie cos he couldn't handle it. That was the most stressful game I've ever watched. He woulda had a heart attack!
Was almost gonna try and sleep through the game. Was a nervous wreck.

Funny thought: A Jack Macrae set shot put us through to our first granny in 55 years.

Jackson. Macrae.

I mean I love the guy but he is notoriously shocking in front of goal and will usually do whatever he can to avoid taking a shot. Such an unlikely way for us to go through. What was that his second goal of the year? I'd have backed in Morris to kick his 4th career goal to win the game before I'd have backed in Macrae, bless his soul.

Also...
33NhOu6.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tears of joy. This is for you dad. And mum - you've been around for 2 of 'em; what an achievement! Wondered if I'd ever see the day, but this bulldogs team full of heart and soul and just OMG magic.so proud. I love you guys and thank you

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Props to Cordy. Any young player should be MONSTERED in the ruck against Mummy. He held his own.
He has chipped in with goals most weeks in his little defensive forward role - cudos to him for sure.

He mentioned this before the Hawks game on Fox Footy also, what a legend!
Has said he loves the dogs as Sydney were always giving him the boot and the dogs were the ones who gave him the chance to continue his career.

Good morning all! I finally got to sleep at 8am and received a text from my sister at noon to ask me if we had won. I knew I should have turned off my phone. I tried to get a few more hours sleep, but gave up. Now the work begins to get ready to fly out in 48 hours. It still seems unreal. I received emails from friends in Melbourne and Indonesia right after the match. I am so happy that for at least ten days I won't be hearing about the damn election here. In fact, I'll be in the air to LAX during much of Monday's debate. Another win! :D

Taken about ten years ago. I'm the only one left. Jordan was the cat I brought back from Australia. He was a Pet Member too.

dogfans_zpszqxpzwge.jpg

Last edited:
I just got home

I've been crying for the last hour

We're in the ******* grand final

We've been smashed all year

And now we're smashing it

I LOVE THIS TEAM
Yeah, was only appopriate to celebrate with a few hours of clubbing.

Tomorrow will be fun.

55 years since I saw the last prelim win when hobbsy took that mark. Been to all seven losing prelim finals since, today my wife found me crying and shaking after the game finished.

I was without speech.

I missed the game to break our drought, this is what had to happen.

Now, we have to win, no more everyone's second team, more first team members.

I just can't believe it! After the 5 PF losses I've been to, this almost seems impossible. So my red, white and blue arse will be on those planes Monday arriving Wednesday morning. This one's for you, mum. You'd be so happy for me. :'(

I might be on the same plane, I get into Melb Wednesday morning too.

The emotions when we won, relief, joy, shock, pride I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

One of the best moments of my life. I am so glad we were here to witness history by this amazing and determined group of doggies players. They are the best team I have ever seen in any colours, but it's our red white and blue that they wear.

I have to say I was pretty fired up looking at the hashtag for the Giants #itsourtimenow# GTFOH

Remove this Banner Ad

Review REVIEW GWS vs DOGS YES WE ARE IN THE ******* GRAND FINAL! YOU ******* BEAUTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back