Review REVIEW GWS vs DOGS YES WE ARE IN THE ******* GRAND FINAL! YOU ******* BEAUTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Up and about today.

14 points down and that familiar prelim sour and bitter taste was in my mouth. Seen all the prelim losses and had honestly got to a point where I didn't think we could win one as the monkey on our backs had become a 500 pound gorilla.

But these blokes are different.

JJ, Bont and Macrae were awesome in the last few minutes. Dickson backing into a pack trying for a high ball with only a couple of minutes left was awesome. Tough stuff from Tinder!!!

Stringer's most important touch was a finger flick at the other end of the ground. Who'd have thunk it??

How cool were guys like Dunkley and McLean?

And Clay farkin Smith. 26 and 4....set up a couple as well. Watch his first goal he is behind Dahl on the HB line when Dahl gets it but somehow makes it fwd ahead of Dahl to goal.

How good was Bont's don't argue with the game on the line? Or his composure to kick that goal??

So many good moments. What about T Boyd running to and then ploughing through contest after contest - on his own - against that Mummy beast??

What about Wood and Boyd's leadership and coolness?

Didn't notice how many punchable heads there are at GWS - almost Geelong like. They are going to be almost unstoppable as they mature. Good to give ourselves a sniff this year before they almost inevitably become dominant.

Best. Footy. Feeling. Ever.

Controversial post:

IMO Bev's predecessor Macca deserves some credit too tonight. Remember his "crack in" mantra?

It was there in spades throughout this finals series and most of the season.

And he wanted Clay Smith, and we can see why.
Didn't Macca say at the start of his stint in 2012 that success would take five years? Well it's ... five ... years ...

He froze. Boyd intercepted his hb which set jj off then his mis-kick late in the 4th ultimately led to the field position that led to jack's goal. His head has certainly not been right since he joined gws.

Was one of our best players in finals but just plays plastic these days. Unlike our old boys, just doesn't seem to belong. I reckon he's thinking why did I jump ship........but tough shit! You reap what you sow.

Unlike his mate Cooney who has not shut up about us since he retired from Essendon. Still one of us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had to pinch myself waking up this morning..

Grand Fnal preparations start. To my fellow Bulldog Supporters, this is what it's about. This time, is our time to shine and we have the hunger, the passion and the belief.

Enjoy the ride for the following week, the media build up, the news, the grand final parade and then the big one. We get to see the boys play that big dance in front of a crowd of 100,000. If that doesn't make the hair on the back of your neck stand up , nothing will.

Wait for it guys and girls, we are about to witness something special..... Mark my words. The Future Is Bright

Didn't Macca say at the start of his stint in 2012 that success would take five years? Well it's ... five ... years ...

Yeah and thats what every Tiger and Dees coach has said for ages. Macca played his part but was no prophet - just another man embarking on a five year plan.

No one - not even many of us - thinks our team is the best. The bookies sure as shit haven't all finals series.

But due to Bev and a special, new, mentally tough breed of Dog - we are a 50/50 chance to win a flag.

It's GF week and I dunno what to do with myself. Work doesn't seem too thrilling.

Awesome, awesome,awesome.

Congratulations to all Doggie supporters. You guys making the Grand Final is the fillip this competition needed. A true heart and soul club with some of the best supporters going around making the GF at the expense of an AFL endorsed marketing franchise (not to mention doing the competition a favour by putting a full stop to the Hawthorn era). It really doesn't get any better than that. I seriously didn't think you could do it but this side has a happy knack of proving the doubters wrong.

Enjoy the week but remember you guys have a premiership to win now and this gutsy, determined, special side is bloody well a massive chance to do just that. I couldn't be happier for you.

Congrats Doggies fans, I think I speak for speak for most neutrals when I say I couldn't be happier about last night's result. Can't help but admire and respect the way your lads crack in week after week and never give up. This finals series has been the stuff of legend from the Dogs, and will be talked about for years to come.

Just one more "giant" to slay and the trophy is yours!

And how ****ing lippy were their players throughout the game...Jeremy Cameron? Heath Shaw? Toby ****ing Green? Suffer in your jocks you complete shitstains. Can someone please tell me they were crying or something??? God I want to see them suffer.

If commentators had respect for the game, their behaviour should be called out. Our intensity for the ball won the day. They just thought being sniping pricks was how to win and were proven wrong. Shit me that Jordan got spoken to by umpires about reacting with a jumper punch and Jack got blamed for Whitfield's swing that missed but faux tough guys in orange all night were taking gutless swings, kicking out their feet front on every time they could in a marking contest and driving blokes into the ground. What shits me is that Brereton celebrated all the dirty shit attack of the man like the sniping thug he is but our attack on the ball, which is what the ****ing game is about and why we won and they didn't, gets ignored.

You'd think after the Lolnorf game, everyone would get that it's pointless against us. AFL should send out a memo to the other clubs to stop this conduct unbecoming to the game - it doesn't work against the Dogs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

J?ust watched the 4th again. The Wood spoil on Greene was almost the game.
There were so many little things here and there, acts of desperation, McLean was pivotal and Stringer had two big moments (THAT kick and a goal saving tackle earlier), the Liberatore-Macrae read off the pack and subsequent kick, mark and goal was sublime. Macrae, the bloke we've collectively flayed alive at various times on here this year for his butchering of the last kick inside 50, nails the clutch goal in a Prelim. **** YES HE DOES.

Every single man wearing a Dogs jumper willed and worked that victory into reality. GWS, for all their talent, size, and aggression simply didn't have the will to make it happen. They know nothing of team and only of self. The desperation on show from the Dogs in the last 15mins of that game was exceptional.
These boys know Team. These men are Unity.

In contrast, going back to the Gee vs Haw Qualifying Final, Motlop kicks that point and delivers Hawthorn the ball with a minute to go, but here Stringer sums the situation up and squares it to Dickson, who ices the clock and also the game. Team over self. Stringer, perhaps our standout 'individual' could have had a shot (and it could be argued that he needed to for his own confidence), and may well have kicked a goal - but he did the team thing and not for the first time in that game.

One more week to go.
Come on Dogs.

Yep, even Gerard Healy in the pointless Lab, with his inane labelling of Bevo's Blockade, spent time talking about GWS and their selfishness in the forward line. Their blokes are all about "look at ME win the game" but we are "look at US!" Guess what Nathan Burke? Marquee TEAM beats marquee PLAYERS.

watched that last quarter over and again...Never Surrender....keeps getting better...players spent but JJ explodes through...every player..wow...Smorgon in the stands, Aliberti bearhugging Tony Libba, Bob breaking down with Easton...what Bevo has done with this team....just 6 sleeps

Please don't give Macca any credit he was a spud coach on par with Rhode. Any football person knows when you rebuild its around 5 years.

Tears of joy. This is for you dad. And mum - you've been around for 2 of 'em; what an achievement! Wondered if I'd ever see the day, but this bulldogs team full of heart and soul and just OMG magic.so proud. I love you guys and thank you

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I danced with a photo of my deceased Dad for five minutes after the game and spoke to my Mum for 15 minutes on the phone, after she stopped crying. Of all the things they did for me as a kid, dragging me to the Western oval as a three year old was their greatest gift. Who'd want to be anything but a Dogs supporter?

Controversial post:

IMO Bev's predecessor Macca deserves some credit too tonight. Remember his "crack in" mantra?

It was there in spades throughout this finals series and most of the season.

And he wanted Clay Smith, and we can see why.
Spot on DR. He wanted players with a certain mentality. Hard, determined, relentless and left us with a list full of them. He has played a massive part in the construction of this list. He knew which quarry we should be getting our marble from and his successor is the sculptor who's shaped it. The rational amongst us will acknowledge it.

Spot on DR. He wanted players with a certain mentality. Hard, determined, relentless and left us with a list full of them. He has played a massive part in the construction of this list. He knew which quarry we should be getting our marble from and his successor is the sculptor who's shaped it. The rational amongst us will acknowledge it.

I have a mate whos son was playing with the falcons. He was chatting with Macca one day while watching & asked him what he looked for in players.

The reply, "tough hard footballers".

Sound familiar?

You guys have a lot to thank him for, good to see that some acknowledge this.

Jeez you guys show some ticker.

As much as I would hate (be jealous) if you guys get your hands on that elusive 2nd cup before us, it would be one hell of a story.

Good luck. You know your boys will give the effort that's for sure!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review REVIEW GWS vs DOGS YES WE ARE IN THE ******* GRAND FINAL! YOU ******* BEAUTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back