Rich, Hartlett, Sidebottom, Ziebell and Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: ziebell/hartlett/sidebottom

Hard to split.

Hartlett is the man if you wan't pace and ball winning abillity, but is a mid only. Not versatile.

Ziebell is a clearance king and very versatile, but lacks a bit of pace. The lack of pace won 't stop him from becoming an AFL star.

Sidebottom is the lesser of the 3. Not sure about the kid. Don't get too pumped about ten goals in the TAC cup. Will be a good AFL player, but can't see him becoming a genuine superstar, but Hartlet and Ziebell look to be 250 game stars.

If all three players are available when carlton have pick 6, I would go for Hartlett over Ziebell by a nose. His pace and ability to break the lines would compliment the likes of Gibbs, Murphy, Judd etc very nicely,

I still believe that Sidebottom might fall to the pies at pick 11.
hartlett can kick goals too cant he?
so can play HFF?

Hartlett played forward against Port in the SANFL this year, kicked 3 goals and was excellent. Very good, long kick for goal too.

I hope the Tigers get Ziebell, haven't seen as much of the 18s as I did last year but he sounds like a beauty.

by the sounds of him I dont think we will considering we just invested in Thomo as an inside midfielder, sounds to me more like Hartlett, then maybe Im wrong he could be too much like Lids and a couple of others..Yep could be ziebel:rolleyes:

ziebell
hartlett
sidebottom

in order.

Pretty useless post otherwise ;)

I agree, but would take vickery above all of them as he looms as a decent kozshitke

Been pumping up Hartlett for the best part of two years now.

Just a gun with a bit of pace and pure ball winning abilities. For some reason just reminds me of Scottie West in that he is an out and out gun footballer without having any out of this world athletic stats.

Sidebottom is also very good. Loves a goal and can push forward. Will probaly start on the flank to learn the craft before moving into the middle.

Been pumping up Hartlett for the best part of two years now.

Just a gun with a bit of pace and pure ball winning abilities. For some reason just reminds me of Scottie West in that he is an out and out gun footballer without having any out of this world athletic stats.

Sidebottom is also very good. Loves a goal and can push forward. Will probaly start on the flank to learn the craft before moving into the middle.

I dont think you can compare them as they are all different players with different attributes vastly different to each other.
Hartlett is your genuine polished midfielder looks great running the lines nice disposal etc.Good up forward but a bit lighter in traffic but still generates his own ball not as much impact in the packs but great gatherer of the ball and can kick you goals you wouldnt expect. he's got class and polish and pace to burn . Very dangerous running forward of the ball and this will make him hard to play on

Ziebell is your grunt he's a hard as a towball pich hitter hes not your genuine mid more a utility type will go forward and be strong could be a good fullforward type plays well as the sweeper down back and tough clearance player in the midfield . Just strong at the contest powerful player that can turn you a game when the plan goes wrong . The fact he can play anywhere is his asset with great hands good decision maker great disposal . he can be a kpp or an onballer .evidence of ths is he's selected as ruckrover(over hartlett and rich ) in the all australian side while bottom age just sneaking into this draft, then Chf in the tac cup team of the year. They say he's a natural leader as well .

Sidebottom again he's not a genuine mid but can do majic anywhere he creates play and a clever quick thinker great disposal in any situation . He looks untidy as a footballer with an awkward but very effective ball drop . Someone said he's like murphy from the bulldogs and i agree but i rekon will be better, He's got indiginous flair to his play and reads the ball so well . Again like hartlett and ziebell he will win you games but differently . fantastic kick and dangerous from any where inside 60 m .Not as much of an inside player but just racks up the disposals .Play him on a wing and isolate him one on one and he will destroy sides

So I guess i'm saying we need to look at these guys in different lights when comparing them as midfielders.They are all thier own brand and bring different things to the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

write up in the sunday times re: sidebottom. Just a short snippet. Said that one clubs recruiting team foud him very arrogant and cocky right off the bat- and hence they pegged him down and put him back in his box. I think its on the inside of the back page for anyone who has it.

write up in the sunday times re: sidebottom. Just a short snippet. Said that one clubs recruiting team foud him very arrogant and cocky right off the bat- and hence they pegged him down and put him back in his box. I think its on the inside of the back page for anyone who has it.
I find that hard to believe,,,,,,But if i was his him thats how i would be acting to FREMANTLE or interstate clubs ....maybe just like it to WA clubs.....

I don't care if he's cocky, the important question is how did he react when "put back in his box"?

Did he shy away? Become more serious? Get angry?

Arrogance has many forms. Some forms are fantastic, some career-threatening.

are people dangerously judging sidebottom with too much praise after his grand final performance?
It was a game inwhich his team DOMINATED, and as the full forward (where he was predominantly positioned) he should be kicking goals?
However should he not be judged on his performances throughout the year in the midfield as that is where clubs would want him in the AFL... and as a midfielder i have him a lnog way behind hartlett, and marginally behind ziebell aswell.

are people dangerously judging sidebottom with too much praise after his grand final performance?
It was a game inwhich his team DOMINATED, and as the full forward (where he was predominantly positioned) he should be kicking goals?
However should he not be judged on his performances throughout the year in the midfield as that is where clubs would want him in the AFL... and as a midfielder i have him a lnog way behind hartlett, and marginally behind ziebell aswell.
LOL... would you like to see him fall to abouttttttttttt BRISBANES pick?????

I find that hard to believe,,,,,,But if i was his him thats how i would be acting to FREMANTLE or interstate clubs ....maybe just like it to WA clubs.....

If you know Rusty arrogant wouldn't be a word you would use to describe him thats for sure. He's a country kid. He and Jack have been top of the footy class for a few years now, so others would rate them highly but they both have their feet firmly on the ground.

Who'd wanna go to Freo so maybe his demeanour was a nervous reaction?

As players, I think Ziebell is well ahead of both of them and have no hesitation in saying this. If he improves his motor and starts having longer spells through the middle, watch out.

Very suprised Ziebell is thought of as a 6-7 pick, even lower in some cases. He is bottom-aged, a better prospect than Rich for mine and just more to like IMO. This hurts to say but i can't see him getting past pick 5 TBH.

Vic Country boys don't usually care where they go.

The metro boys are a bit more sooky about leaving their mummy.

So I guess i'm saying we need to look at these guys in different lights when comparing them as midfielders.They are all thier own brand and bring different things to the table.
I will easily say that im shithouse at comparing kids to current day players.

Ben McKinley says wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. lol

Rusty's not a sook,,he would go any where,,,,,,,,,,,But what i meen is if your going top 10 or round about there's a good chance you can go to a vic team if you want...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rich, Hartlett, Sidebottom, Ziebell and Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back