Rich, Hartlett, Sidebottom, Ziebell and Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: ziebell/hartlett/sidebottom

Rusty's not a sook,,he would go any where,,,,,,,,,,,But what i meen is if your going top 10 or round about there's a good chance you can go to a vic team if you want...

Rusty's a country boy so he'll be fine.

The problem with this post is in bold.

Last time I checked this isn't the NRL and players don't just choose teams.

The draft is in place for a reason and the more we let having a cry go the worse we'll see.

Their lucky their playing the game at all so stop sooking.

Rendell (our recruiter) was saying we were in talks with a Vic Metro boy and having problems with him on this matter, he didn't want to leave home.

Rusty's a country boy so he'll be fine.

The problem with this post is in bold.

Last time I checked this isn't the NRL and players don't just choose teams.

The draft is in place for a reason and the more we let having a cry go the worse we'll see.

Their lucky their playing the game at all so stop sooking.

Rendell (our recruiter) was saying we were in talks with a Vic Metro boy and having problems with him on this matter, he didn't want to leave home.
LOL,,,yeh some people dont wont to go BACKWARDS in life

are people dangerously judging sidebottom with too much praise after his grand final performance?
It was a game inwhich his team DOMINATED, and as the full forward (where he was predominantly positioned) he should be kicking goals?
However should he not be judged on his performances throughout the year in the midfield as that is where clubs would want him in the AFL... and as a midfielder i have him a lnog way behind hartlett, and marginally behind ziebell aswell.
No. He's a gun of the highest order and he didn't just play full forward that day. He dominated clearances in the first quarter and racked up plenty of the ball. He's a very classy player with deadly foot skills on both feet.

Judged on his whole year I have him at either #3 or #4. I would easily have him as #1 if he had some pace.

No. He's a gun of the highest order and he didn't just play full forward that day. He dominated clearances in the first quarter and racked up plenty of the ball. He's a very classy player with deadly foot skills on both feet.

Judged on his whole year I have him at either #3 or #4. I would easily have him as #1 if he had some pace.

Good grief :eek::p

I love your man crushes lol.

I can only ever picture you as a kid from the AIS, due to your avatars, whether it's Vezpremi or Steele. :D

I'd love it if we somehow got Sidebottom, not only because he's one heck of a player, but because the euphoria from VC will be amazing.

I love your man crushes lol.

I can only ever picture you as a kid from the AIS, due to your avatars, whether it's Vezpremi or Steele. :D

I'd love it if we somehow got Sidebottom, not only because he's one heck of a player, but because the euphoria from VC will be amazing.
Even if he does slide to us, I just don't think he's really Rendell's type. At least you know who I want. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have hartlett going to port, ziebell to the bombers and sidebottom sliding to the roos.

in order, i think: ziebell, hartlett, sidebottom

also, i dont rate rich a whole lot higher than ziebell and hartlett. in as much as scope for improvement, though rich will be avery good player, i think the other two have heaps of room to become better players.

i have hartlett going to port, ziebell to the dees and sidebottom sliding to the roos.

in order, i think: ziebell, hartlett, sidebottom

also, i dont rate rich a whole lot higher than ziebell and hartlett. in as much as scope for improvement, though rich will be avery good player, i think the other two have heaps of room to become better players.

are you kidding me?? dees have pick 1. no way they'd go past watts.

who does ziebell play like? form what ive heard he is similar to Kouta minus the athleticism

who does ziebell play like? form what ive heard he is similar to Kouta minus the athleticism
This has always been my view of Ziebs; 'built like Goddard, kicks like Goddard, hard as Goddard, but with the KP versatility of Waite.'

To quote myself from a post a few months ago on the Swans board:
SouthSwans said:
1. Jack Ziebell (Murray Bushrangers)
Bottom aged and if he were to be a month or so younger would go no.1 in 2009, still will be a Top 10 pick. Perfect fit for the Swans, can play forward, back, on-ball, wing, floating around and KP at either end of the ground all in one. Has been likened to Brendan Goddard by many who've seen him play but more pontential for a KP (when at full forward he plays like Alistair Lynch). A sensational kick and mark, very strong body and a good centre of gravity, the boy can bloody play - I've seen it. In the company of the likes of John Longmire being one of the only players to ever play Ovens + Murray at the age of 15. If we can somehow scam a pick in the 5-8 range during trade week, I'd be filthy if we didn't get this bloke. Absolute superstar in the making.

FWIW, my order is:
1. Ziebell
2. Hartlett
3. Sidebottom

Out of this quintet, who is the better player WITHOUT the ball and the more accountable player?

Everyone on here has heard about their skill and talent, but who works harder when their man and the opposition win the ball?

Who would be the best tackler?

Who is easier to exploit due to a lack of pace, strength, size or intensity?

Feel free to name someone else if it's another player who is a gun talent.

From what I've seen Yarran is very lazy I can't see him chasing anyone.

I've only watched Rich late and he could be the same but he from all reports had OP so I won't judge him yet.

Hartlett imo is the hardest player out of that group, earns the hard ball, tackles hard and chases. Half the reason why i have him as the second best onballer in the draft (behind Rich).

Remove this Banner Ad

Rich, Hartlett, Sidebottom, Ziebell and Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back