Rich, Hartlett, Sidebottom, Ziebell and Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

wow, the criteria in this thread seems as though its made to talk up ziebell... but hardly any1s even mentioned him

he is one hard nut who'll get the hard ball and clearances 9 times out of 10

It comes down to desire and how willing the individual is to sacrifice their own game for the team's game.
Sounds like you are agreeing as these are definately mental attributes.
You can thank Pagan for playing Gibbs in a back pocket for his first season while all the ferals were screaming for him to be moved up the ground. Playing down back is the best way to learn respect for your man IMO.
No question. Did the same with Walker who is another one of our better mids in terms of defensive pressure. I don't think that is a coincidence.

However, as was posted by someone else here, Ross Gibbs took the "show pony" out of his son in his formative years, forcing him to play a team oriented game.

Gibbs defensive pressure was there when he arrived at CFC, but yes, he now has the confidence to go into the goals square with his man when required as well.:thumbsu:

I think Yarran would be perfect for the Blues, adds a touch
of flair to an already solid base of quality players..

Hartlett is an in between of a Murphy and Gibbs in terms
of playing style, so I wouldnt think they need him..

I dont know where sidebottom would fit in Carltons structure
either, Im not sure he'd compliment Carlton as much as Yarran.

Rich wont be there by that stage..

Ziebell doesnt excite me, but with his size - and ability to rome
through the midfield and take a strong position inside 50, I see
why ppl do rate him..

In terms of the overall player and potential ability, id rate them as following..

Rich, Hartlett, Yarran, Sidebottom, Ziebell..

But keeping in mind that potential means nothing if they arent desperate
enough..

I am suspicious about this.

To me it seems like a case where the club has deliberately not name-dropped Daniel Rich in interviews and Freo fans just assume "oh, we're not interested in him... we probably prefer Hartlett".

It's more likely that Freo are acting this way so WC think to themselves "maybe we would be better off with Nat" and therefore leaving Freo to take Rich.

But this "rumour" started from fans making assumptions, am I right?

Had a squiz on the Dockers board and there is a fella that persists in saying that the Dockers aren't interested in Rich and will take either Hartlett or Naitanui. Apparently he has a source inside the club and was spot on about the Dockers re-signing Andrew Browne.

what he said ^^

his source is about as good as it gets really. Having said that, I won't believe it until I see it

Had a squiz on the Dockers board and there is a fella that persists in saying that the Dockers aren't interested in Rich and will take either Hartlett or Naitanui. Apparently he has a source inside the club and was spot on about the Dockers re-signing Andrew Browne.
Freo recruiting Hartlett would make some sense when he has pace and Subiaco is a large ground.

They get Hasleby back next year, so they could do with Hartlett's skill and run than Rich might provide for Fremantle's midfield.

The Hartletts wouldn't be too happy to have both their boys on the other side of the country and none in their home town. :eek:

I could live with this draft order.

1. Watts.
2. Naitanui.
3. Hartlett.
4. Vickery.
5. Rich.
6. Hurley.

Every club would get a player their list needs. :thumbsu: :)

Freo recruiting Hartlett would make some sense when he has pace and Subiaco is a large ground.

They get Hasleby back next year, so they could do with Hartlett's skill and run than Rich might provide for Fremantle's midfield.

The Hartletts wouldn't be too happy to have both their boys on the other side of the country and none in their home town. :eek:

1. Watts.
2. Naitanui.
3. Hartlett.
4. Vickery.
5. Rich.
6. Hurley.

Perfect, I would be extremely happy with this, everybody wins

1. Watts.
2. Naitanui.
3. Hartlett.
4. Vickery.
5. Rich.
6. Hurley.

Geez that would be good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rich, Hartlett, Sidebottom, Ziebell and Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back