• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne's midfield looked like a bunch of unskillful plodders until Yze turned up.
Yea nah , yze joined in 2021 .
tracca won their b&f in 2020 ,
Fellow midfielders viney ( 3rd ) and Langdon (4th ).
Gawn ( 14 games ) and Oliver (17 games ) had injury affected 2020 and after they both tied the b&f the year before (2019)
Melbourne’s midfield was better in 2021 merely due to better injury run .

Last edited:
It's hard to read that list of requirements & not cringe.

Is this the same club which....

-broke hubs numerous times, including go go to the strippers.

- had leaders grabbing a Sudanese rookie by the utensil on live TV

- took photos of women's titles after winning GFs & shared it with his mates

- had a coach who cheated on his wife with a younger staffers & assisted in covering it up

- has a player due to go to court for numerous repeat offences of theft

- Sydney Stack

- had 2 players get in a bar fight 12 months ago

- had Alex Rance retire in totally suspicious circumstances with no real explanation provided

- had a 25 year old 3 time premiership player retire as he lost passion for the game only 6 months ago, possibly due to a lack of support or protection.

- has the worst on field & off field disciplinary record over the whole league over the past 10 years in regards to behaviour, giving away 50s, free kicks, suspensions over the past 10 years?
so your saying the CFL have recruited him as the final move in its well orchestrated strategy (the death blow ) to manage Harddick outta the industry 4ever by appointing him captain of the Olympic ?,woops,i mean Titanic

I’m not sure what the hell i just read but are we after someone who’ll stand out front with a free hugs sign?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That's what it means to be the Biggest and most successful AFL Club in the last10 years...It also means we are THE innovators in the sport...
THE Trailblazers of the AFL World!!!
It's not about US Versus THEM anymore...It's about doing it all Together as a Club...from the boot-studder UP!!! The Original Destination Club!

AFL Football: The final frontier
These are the voyages of the Starship, Richmond Football Club
Its Multi year mission
To explore strange new theories
To seek out new Tactics and new Strategies
To boldly go where no AFL Coach has gone before.....

Did you guys actually read the article or just the thumbnail?

stop biting to obvious clickbait so easy, read the article

The skills Richmond want aren’t simply knowing footy and implementing a game plan. They specify that the next coach should possess “emotional intelligence competencies of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and empathy.”

He must have a “deep understanding and experience of managing wellbeing, psychological safety, person-first approaches to coaching and development of others.”

Further, the wish list includes a “growth mindset, personal willingness to learn, adapt and change.” Flexibility is held up as one of five “key competencies,” – “flexibility and adaptability in own leadership style and thinking style.”

So pretty much what most modern organisations wants in a leader

Last edited:
I just read it as you must be able to manage your players on a personal level not just be a barking mad boofhead that's footy footy footy and nothing else. Makes sense, sounds like Hardwick. The multicultural and diversity stuff isn't that outlandish either there's how many players in the competition and not a single one of them is gay, apparently. Again it's just making sure we don't get some biggoted nutjob.

It’s standard modern corporate speak that could be easily summed up as the old “no dickheads” policy.

Did you guys actually read the article or just the thumbnail?

stop biting to obvious clickbait so easy, read the article

So pretty much what most modern organisations wants in a leader
Essentially it’s describing Craig McRae and his coaching and team management philosophy’s

The guy 90% of us would love to be our coach yet somehow it’s interrupted as a negative and woke

We have some really weird supporters who lack the ability to read between the lines

Im starting to see why everyone is pulling out.
Obi Wan GIF by Star Wars
?
Because they can’t measure up to our elite culture?
FFS have you knuckle draggers been paying attention?
Here’s a tip, listen to Cotch speak and see if you can connect the dots. This is us. This is what turned us into a powerhouse again.

Honestly I think maybe I need to take a break from BigFooty for a while. Some of the things some of you so-called supporters are writing is just so disappointing.

How you’ve all turned on the club as soon as things aren’t to your liking. Obviously what Geelong and other club fans say about us is true. We’re a bunch of feral fair weather supporters.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but the self righteous and sanctimonious attitude of some people about Damien Hardwick’s private life just amazes me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Criteria is endless, we will struggle to find someone that fits most of the requirements

Pretty much every job application is like that though now. Can’t try getting most entry level jobs without them wanting 10 years experience in everything

A coach creating an inclusive and supportive environment isn't about being "woke". It's about creating an environment that players want to play in and can succeed in.

At the end of the day a coach is just a teacher whose job is to teach their players to play football and motivate them to learn.

It's just a continuation of the culture we've already built that won three flags. It's about ensuring the new coach can fit with our culture because it's a winning one that we have no need to change. People on here acting like the club is a basket-case are a few cows short in the top paddock

The lady whose set this up was the same lady to did the CEO search that appointed Gale don't think anyone around is more qualified or has more runs on the board

All those criteria would be met pretty easily by anyone who has been involved at an AFL club for the past 5 or 10 years.

Newman for example could tick all those boxes just by saying he captained Richmond for years where it was mandatory to have those qualities.

Yze could say he has those qualities because they are mandatory at the clubs he’s worked at etc.

It's just a continuation of the culture we've already built that won three flags. It's about ensuring the new coach can fit with our culture because it's a winning one that we have no need to change. People on here acting like the club is a basket-case are a few cows short in the top paddock

The lady whose set this up was the same lady to did the CEO search that appointed Gale don't think anyone around is more qualified or has more runs on the board
Anything but a basket-case. Whom ever gets the job will be the right person to take us forward. I guess we can’t make everyone happy. Nice view you posted.

It's hard to read that list of requirements & not cringe.

Is this the same club which....

-broke hubs numerous times, including go go to the strippers.

- had leaders grabbing a Sudanese rookie by the utensil on live TV

- took photos of women's titles after winning GFs & shared it with his mates

- had a coach who cheated on his wife with a younger staffers & assisted in covering it up

- has a player due to go to court for numerous repeat offences of theft

- Sydney Stack

- had 2 players get in a bar fight 12 months ago

- had Alex Rance retire in totally suspicious circumstances with no real explanation provided

- had a 25 year old 3 time premiership player retire as he lost passion for the game only 6 months ago, possibly due to a lack of support or protection.

- has the worst on field & off field disciplinary record over the whole league over the past 10 years in regards to behaviour, giving away 50s, free kicks, suspensions over the past 10 years?

It sure is.

Firstly, have of the above list is great "Possibly due to lack of support" "no real explanation provided" "Sydney Stack" "Younger staff Member"

Secondly, you providing this list, advocates for the exact coach we want. Every situation above was handled and Hardwick led from the front with is protection of players and his growth mindset.

Thirdly, you forgot to mention, during all the above drama, we won back to back premierships and 3 in 5 years.

Honestly I think maybe I need to take a break from BigFooty for a while. Some of the things some of you so-called supporters are writing is just so disappointing.

How you’ve all turned on the club as soon as things aren’t to your liking. Obviously what Geelong and other club fans say about us is true. We’re a bunch of feral fair weather supporters.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but the self righteous and sanctimonious attitude of some people about Damien Hardwick’s private life just amazes me.
I'm certain that a large chuck of regular posters on this board and others on this site are actually just committed trolls who actually support other teams. People with no life who can commit to posting thousands of posts on other teams boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back