• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you contradicted yourself in the first sentence of the response. After the Port game (his first one), he rotated a heap of kids through the team.
And when he drops the plyers you mentioned at the end, you’re still unhappy with it even though you wanted it.
I went into hibernation because of family, work, out of work commitments. Only so many hours in the day. And i have clearly missed nothing. Thank f….. i have a life. I have been between 2 seasons. I’m president of a cricket club and we’re gearing up for a new season on top of a league merge and my kids had finals on with footy and I volunteer and help out there.
Blake Carracella left Richmond in 2019? So you’re telling me we win another 2 flags after he goes and in 2023 Mini is coaching Blakes plan? Remark observations from you. Have a great day. I got social rooms to go clean up and set up.
Lol the four players most on here wanted dropped continued to get games.
Caracella left after our second flag and we’ve basically had the same game plan since and players told mini they didn’t want to change. Your information here was wrong.
Probably why we haven’t adapted to all the rule changes. 😂
Stale list and FD

Hardwick won flags as his coaching group got poached, moved on. History shows us that’s what happens at successful clubs. Hardwick turned Leppas career around when he was sacked from Brissy. And he has now produced 2 current day coaches who have now successfully coached their ways into a prelim. Outstanding stuff by Dimma.
Dimma/Grigga at GCS...
Macwhatshis name at GWS
Fly and the rest at Wobbles
Mini at RFC...
Not a bad spread of RFC IP!!!

Disagree whoever we take is only going to get 3 years so they will not be going down the play the kids role

Heck yze interview was all about how we still have a brilliant list just need to add a couple of delisted free agents and we will be fine

I fully agree we need a rebuild but what coach is going to play the sacrificial lamb
Do we know he said that? Delisted free agents just means we don't take a punt on a draft kid as the draft isn't strong, but delisted free agents are just depth. Are we just depth off?

Let's say if lynch plays every game, bauer is the 2nd key forward and takes off, and 3 small forwards work (what do we have, Coulthard, mansell, rioli). That's a lot of ifs. No matter what though I reckon it's better dimma left ad we definitely need soft cap on more development coaches. Our young players need a big pre season and to really jump up

The coach asking the players if they wanted to change the game plan is already a red flag. Sounds like the players were dictating the coach and a case of the tail wagging the dog. IT ALSO SHOWS OUR PLAYERS LACK CREATIVITY and willingness to change to fresh ideas. We've become stale and a boys club. Pathetic it's gotten to this. BYE BYE MINI
Unless he comes up with new approach. But I think fresh voice, fresh eyes. Dees and Dogs drop their star recruits. We have to play our best team, for me Prestia back to the middle Hopper VFL.
This narrative going around that Mini didn’t try anything new ? Is it legit? I know Balta and Rioli went forward. Who else did we see?
He played the young bloke that did his hammy fairly early in season.

The fwd line underwent the most changes. Ryan early and Nank & Soldo later. , Bauer, Balta, Pickett and Miller as talls. Baker, Coulthard, Mansell, MRJ, D Rioli Clarke, Cumbo, , Cotch, Prestia as smalls.

A fit Lynch is a start. Add Balta or Gibcus/Balta and Bauer. We look better.

I think there's more chance someone from outside the club is more likely to make those hard calls. Think we need a clean slate.

Not real sure what you mean by a clean slate but senior players are senior players for a reason. Only about 17% of AFL players get to a 100 games.
We aren’t going to start rolling the dice and hope all our kids are going to make it because they just won’t.
Last thing this clubs needs is a clean slate.
You don’t throw away what we have. We have just come out of 40 years of shitsville.

He was the bottom of the barrel of our assistants with X .
I ranked them

Caracella for game plan and ball movement
Fly bc of his younger player development and rapport
Leppa defensive craft and coaching
Kingsley came in fourth only bc he arrived in 19 when we were already up and running, but he has got GWS rolling along nicely and it wouldn’t surprise me if they knock Collingwood off.

“Rated” Kingsley did you

Don’t like it when we appoint KDH old mates at the club , but I don’t know much about him so I really have no right to speak. However if he was at StKilda then I could be forgiven for having some doubts.

Since Kingsley joined the Saints at the end of 2010 they've only played finals once, which was 2011 after they lost the GF in 2010. He was ball movement coach over there so at least Caracella has that sewn up with us.He's been there longer than Richardson who got there in November 2013.Why wasn't he appointed senior coaach as he had a 3 year start on Richo?

AFL Tables - Ladders - Year by Year

Dusty was already a multiple times all Australian , Premiership player and Brownlow medallist b4 Kingsley got there. Jack Graham that is , well we all knew how it is with him in 2017. His shoulder was screwed last year which stunted his progress. Kingsley is another Truck Rutten who had excellent players and plans to work with . Told us basically nothing that we already knew those video dribbles.

As I said our game plan was already set when he arrived. He was the big surprise packet out of that bunch and a great loss.
You didn’t mention once anything about the gameplan
You are just rewriting history to suit your narrative to say you rated him

When you clearly didn’t

Yes fourth above DH , X and mini. 😝
You rate any of our current stable?

I really like Teague think it was a massive mistake taking him off the forwards this year

Also wouldn’t Mind seeing Morro given a line for the afl side think he was grown a lot since being the vfl coach and think he might be ready to step up

Blake doing well with Essendon then
Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

You rate any of our current stable?

I really like Teague think it was a massive mistake taking him off the forwards this year

Also wouldn’t Mind seeing Morro given a line for the afl side think he was grown a lot since being the vfl coach and think he might be ready to step up

Would you swap Morro for Lambert to coach the VFL side and have more a development role?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you swap Morro for Lambert to coach the VFL side and have more a development role?
I hadn’t thought about that specifically but absolutely

I love Lambo and have a personal connection and know him through a family friend (wouldn’t say we are mates but I see him a few times a year)

But I don’t think he is quite ready for a line felt out midfield was a little iffy after he took over once Mini got promoted

But the vfl head coach role would be great for him to both help develop our younger players but also start to learn and play with gameday tactics and team management

What do you think of Morro mate? Think it’s worth giving him a line?

The coach asking the players if they wanted to change the game plan is already a red flag. Sounds like the players were dictating the coach and a case of the tail wagging the dog. IT ALSO SHOWS OUR PLAYERS LACK CREATIVITY and willingness to change to fresh ideas. We've become stale and a boys club. Pathetic it's gotten to this. BYE BYE MINI
Very rarely do interim coaches make major changes to how the team plays because they run a major risk that the players don't buy in and results suffer.

I hadn’t thought about that specifically but absolutely

I love Lambo and have a personal connection and know him through a family friend (wouldn’t say we are mates but I see him a few times a year)

But I don’t think he is quite ready for a line felt out midfield was a little iffy after he took over once Mini got promoted

But the vfl head coach role would be great for him to both help develop our younger players but also start to learn and play with gameday tactics and team management

What do you think of Morro mate? Think it’s worth giving him a line?

I’m not sold on Morro. But again, to give him some line experience wouldn’t be bad. He comes from good coaching stock so he’s definitely worth developing as well.

Interesting on Lambo, my info was he took to it like a duck to water and players bought into his messaging. We saw that improvement in the midfield.

I think it works. But what I would do is bring in a Head of development coach to support Lambo if we went that way. I’d support Lambert still having a match day role on our bench when he can too.

I’m not sold on Morro. But again, to give him some line experience wouldn’t be bad. He comes from good coaching stock so he’s definitely worth developing as well.

Interesting on Lambo, my info was he took to it like a duck to water and players bought into his messaging. We saw that improvement in the midfield.

I think it works. But what I would do is bring in a Head of development coach to support Lambo if we went that way. I’d support Lambert still having a match day role on our bench when he can too.
Yeah absolutely
I think Morro did similar when the schedule worked out

I think I like Morro simply because he has shown consistent improvement in terms of coaching
And this year I felt he was willing to play with different tactics and it resulted in some impressive clutch wins and on multiple occasions

Isn't mini on the record saying when he took over all the players and coaches had a meeting and mini asked if they wanted to change the gameplan and the players voted no?
Here's me thinking it should be the coach who decides the game plan. The way the selections were made during the season he must have asked the senior players if they should be dropped as well, lol.

This narrative going around that Mini didn’t try anything new ? Is it legit? I know Balta and Rioli went forward. Who else did we see?
He played the young bloke that did his hammy fairly early in season.
He threw Balta forward when he was having a shocker. That had been done before. Moving Rioli forward is a mistake. Why would you move him from the backline?

Here's me thinking it should be the coach who decides the game plan. The way the selections were made during the season he must have asked the senior players if they should be dropped as well, lol.

The coach lives and dies by the gameplan. It’s up to him to formulate it and then sell it to his players for by in.

This rubbish about consulting with players who aren’t coaches is comical.

The players won’t be sacked if it goes wrong. Have some conviction.

Very rarely do interim coaches make major changes to how the team plays because they run a major risk that the players don't buy in and results suffer.
I think many are also severely underestimating how much work must be done in the preseason to overhaul a team’s structure and game style.

That’s why so often an interim coach has that initial one or two week sugar hit, before falling away for the remainder of that season.

I think many are also severely underestimating how much work must be done in the preseason to overhaul a team’s structure and game style.

That’s why so often an interim coach has that initial one or two week sugar hit, before falling away for the remainder of that season.

And then very rarely working out long term. No to Mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back