Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form of gws and pies proves we must keep our promise and make mini coach

Our talent is nowhere near GWS. No draft picks though until end of next year and more retirements to come means we are in no man's land this year and next, and rebuild starting the year after. Seems like such a long time

What it does say is that the best game plan out there remains the Richmond model. No matter what coach we get, I hope we build on the platform we have already established and that our playing list already understands fundamentally. The new coach will surely adapt our game plan to suit our list, but observing GWS and Collingwood this final series, should cement just how effective the game plan is in finals for any new coach.

What it does say is that the best game plan out there remains the Richmond model. No matter what coach we get, I hope we build on the platform we have already established and that our playing list already understands fundamentally. The new coach will surely adapt our game plan to suit our list, but observing GWS and Collingwood this final series, should cement just how effective the game plan is in finals for any new coach.

gws at times in the first half looked like our 2019 clone

By the time we are contenders again, we won't want the Richmond model, we'll need the next best thing, e.g. what new system is the next Richmond model.

Another reason a non-Richmond input is a good thing. Forge something new.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if anything Kingsley and mcrae should tell you why it should be Mini

Nope. That style can’t be maintained for too many years. You need absolute hunger/desire for it to work because the players have to work their backsides off. We run our race. Time for something new.

Minibus had 12 weeks at it and didn’t play the best 22 and was trying to play the game plan he’s been accustomed to since Blake devised it. He had no vision into next year or beyond and that’s why he should be politely shown the door with a big thank you for everything he’s done. I don’t think he can take us any further with our list and the same game plan.
We need creativity now with better fitness and conditioning. JGTI triggering an extension with Kmac is already a bad start to next year and hopefully a new face can reinvent them as mini showed he was unable to.

Last edited:
Minibus had 12 weeks at it and didn’t play the best 22 and was trying to play the game plan he’s been accustomed to since Blake devised it. He had no vision into next year or beyond and that’s why he should be politely shown the door with a big thank you for everything he’s done. I don’t think he can take us any further with our list and the same game plan.
We need creativity now with better fitness and conditioning. JGTI triggering an extension with Kmac is already a bad start to next year and hopefully a new face can reinvent them as mini definite showed he was unable to.

Blake doing well with Essendon then

The new coach will surely adapt our game plan to suit our list, but observing GWS and Collingwood this final series, should cement just how effective the game plan is in finals for any new coach.
Correct. Always a good plan but its in finals that it elevates.
Sir Ken to reneg on his contract after again bombing out....Arise Sir Tiger Ken 🤪
We been waiting for Port to exit the finals.

JGTI triggering an extension with Kmac is already a bad start to next year
It is if they get automatically picked each week regardless of form.

Hopefully Yze will pick players on form and not how many premierships they played in.

Mini was always an afterthought- he’s not in the same hemisphere as a coach to Kingsley and Macrae.
He was the bottom of the barrel of our assistants with X .
I ranked them

Caracella for game plan and ball movement
Fly bc of his younger player development and rapport
Leppa defensive craft and coaching
Kingsley came in fourth only bc he arrived in 19 when we were already up and running, but he has got GWS rolling along nicely and it wouldn’t surprise me if they knock Collingwood off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back