• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His got 3 months waiting to see personal changes ,style ,moves and general game improvement. Been at the club since 2014 so knows nothing different is my worry.
What we want though is irrelevant.
It's what the club thinks internally. I just have this feeling we will take the easiest option and call it stability.

What we want though is irrelevant.
It's what the club thinks internally. I just have this feeling we will take the easiest option and call it stability.
I think this is why he's been put into the caretaker role to see what he can come up with. Your thinking maybe right, but Minibus will still need to perform otherwise his days are numbered even as an assistant at PRO.

I want more than being just competitive I want dominance so to me that means do certain things different to everyone else .

Build a list for a specific game plan so carnt be copied easily .

I do believe we fluked this in 2017 but this time I hope they actually try to engineer a system .
You want dominance you need a young jack riewoldt , Dustin Martin and Alex rance , coaches arent magicians , the team needs to be restructured, what you’re seeing ain’t coz our game plan isnt up to it , sorry to break it to ya

I think this is why he's been put into the caretaker role to see what he can come up with. You’re thinking maybe right, but Minibus will still need to perform otherwise his days are numbered even as an assistant at PRO.
It’s a full on road test , I sincerely hope they give him a fair go and allow the team to be turned over ,he’s only one voice , we won’t turn things around with current t line up , expect more of the same

One coached game and mini on the chopping block already lmao.

One! ONE!!

I think the one thing that goes against any new coach is that our club overachieved our goals and will be measured against that.

We have Bolton, Martin, Nankervis, Taranto, Hopper and Prestia yet our midfield gets beaten most weeks. We need a tactician to take what should be an absolute strength and make it so.

Our defence is already pretty good and shouldn't drop off next year. We'll have Dusty, Lynch, Cumberland (hopefully), a resting Bolton/Martin and an improving Ryan In the forward line. Plenty to work with.

The culture is already great at the club. The players are tight knit and believe in eachother. Now we need the tactics to catch up with the best in the comp. That's Leppitsch.

You want dominance you need a young jack riewoldt , Dustin Martin and Alex rance , coaches arent magicians , the team needs to be restructured, what you’re seeing ain’t coz our game plan isnt up to it , sorry to break it to ya
We need a rebuild im aware of that and that game plan will be old hat by then sorry if you don't understand

I actually thought there were some positive signs from little dicks first game as coach.
Pickett moved inside , Miller was moved forward when it was obvious Ryan was getting slaughtered and he rightfully subbed Ryan .
Selections and roles players have played under dimma over the past 2-3 years has been a concern.
As players become available or get injured and who gets selected and where they play will be interesting to see .

My big question mark on Mini is that his entire coaching career has been spent with us. Doesn't really bring any fresh ideas or the fresh voice that I think we need.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, would we be saying the same about McRae had he still been on the Tigers coaching staff.

I actually thought there were some positive signs from little dicks first game as coach.
Pickett moved inside , Miller was moved forward when it was obvious Ryan was getting slaughtered and he rightfully subbed Ryan .
Selections and roles players have played under dimma over the past 2-3 years has been a concern.
As players become available or get injured and who gets selected and where they play will be interesting to see .
Pickett was poor. Hope he doesn’t stick with that move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except Macrae has spent time coaching at the lions, tigers, collingwood and hawthorn before he took the top job at pies. McQualter has coached at 1 club.
True, but I guess I am more alluding to whether being with us for 5 or so years would have meant that he might have been considered by some supporters as being a same for same replacement for Hardwick and therefore just continuing with the existing game plan as seems to be the opinion of supporters re Mcqualter.

From reading some of these threads it seems that some supporters believe that bringing in an untried coach at AFL level from elsewhere would come with an expectation that they will provide new ideas/strategies rather than a mini me approach.

As we know McRae has implemented a similar game plan to us with great success at the Pies but without knowledge of his stint as head coach would we be as confident giving him the top job given the situation as we have now even if he had a reasonably good caretaker period, obviously just a hypothetical.

True, but I guess I am more alluding to whether being with us for 5 or so years would have meant that he might have been considered by some supporters as being a same for same replacement for Hardwick and therefore just continuing with the existing game plan as seems to be the opinion of supporters re Mcqualter.

From reading some of these threads it seems that some supporters believe that bringing in an untried coach at AFL level from elsewhere would come with an expectation that they will provide new ideas/strategies rather than a mini me approach.

As we know McRae has implemented a similar game plan to us with great success at the Pies but without knowledge of his stint as head coach would we be as confident giving him the top job given the situation as we have now even if he had a reasonably good caretaker period, obviously just a hypothetical.
Yeah but I reckon that's cos it's all new to the pies. That message has gone stale at Richmond. 1001st way to cook the sausage. We need someone who will be able to come up with new ideas and also someone who doesn't have his favorite players that get gifted games due to the past. I dont think that's Mini.

M
Yeah but I reckon that's cos it's all new to the pies. That message has gone stale at Richmond. 1001st way to cook the sausage. We need someone who will be able to come up with new ideas and also someone who doesn't have his favorite players that get gifted games due to the past. I dont think that's Mini.
Mate, all I have seen Dimma doing is burning the sausages, and then showing everyone the sausages his assistants prepared earlier and pretending they were his.

Last edited:
Is that where they get mini from?

One coached game and mini on the chopping block already lmao.

One! ONE!!

I think the one thing that goes against any new coach is that our club overachieved our goals and will be measured against that.
He’s not on the block , tbh it would have been swinging dick mark neeld esq to come into the room r1 and drop 3-5 players save that for his sec or third game

Put it this way I saw nothing stupid and it was pleasing that we didn’t look half arsed which was a chance given the week , he has time to really impress , as I’ve stated I hope he is supported in TurNing the team over or nothing will change , nothing and it will be a very wasted year , surely we re not that silly

We lack pace in the middle. He isn’t the answer.
Well we have some real talent in Banks and Brown and probably Clarke and Ralphsmith who aren't strong enough to play a full game anywhere but the wing yet but need games and Ross who is a midfielder but the same pace as Hopper and Taranto so we put him on the wing too but Pickett needs to play 100 games, so playing him as a ruck rover that negates the opponent's run is Mini's first winning coaching move.

Now bring in Banks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back