• Andrew McQualter

Votes: 87 37.8%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 146 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we have some real talent in Banks and Brown and probably Clarke and Ralphsmith who aren't strong enough to play a full game anywhere but the wing yet but need games and Ross who is a midfielder but the same pace as Hopper and Taranto so we put him on the wing too but Pickett needs to play 100 games, so playing him as a ruck rover that negates the opponent's run is Mini's first winning coaching move.

Now bring in Banks
It didn’t work. We were beaten through the middle and when the game was in the balance their midfield dominated the last qtr.
Pickett had a poor game by his standards and coughed the ball up under pressure several times. He looked slow. His best football for us has been on the wing.

I don’t accept your argument that our younger players can only play on a wing at all.

That means nothing at this stage.
Bucks is smart enough and has been in the media long enough to know that if he says "yeh I'd be interested" that it creates a media storm. Saying no is an easy way to just avoid the media circus.

I wouldn't rule him out at all based on these comments.

At the ground today, spoke to a couple of learned gentlemen at half time who said Shaun Grigg has been approached to interview. Not sure how true that is because we haven’t even put a panel together but he is well respected and apparently is doing a lot in the Geelong coaches box that’s earning him great respect.
His commitments look like finishing in August. He will be available early

What a flog! Would make a great politician lol
Go back and listen to his commentary of our game on Sunday, clearly interested!
I don't usually hear that commentary team. Bucks was excellent. Wayne Carey was on half a million as a commentator. Buckley the same? why give that up to coach? Unless you love it. AFL clubs Soft cap not going up much. Probably a tougher gig than when he did it.

I haven't thought who I want as coach next year. Too soon

I hope we get someone who has his own ideas on game plan and type of players required to execute.

Recruitment of the correct types with certain attributes and not the random scattergun best available footballer approach .
Best available has been a bit of a joke when we end up with excess of 6ft ers.

Having said that, with no coach, who makes decisions right now on Free Agency. & trades?

Broad for example. Gets an high offer. Do we match it? or not and get a high National Draft pick.

Suns had an offer to Ellis early in the season.

I am just starting to understand the level of influence I have over the football department at Punt Rd. A week ago I told Dimma to resign and he picks up the phone and calls Benny.

So I need to be very considered on what I post in this Forum. Why are there voices in my head saying Buckley lol
You meant re sign? tricky language English

Having said that, with no coach, who makes decisions right now on Free Agency. & trades?

Broad for example. Gets an high offer. Do we match it? or not and get a high National Draft pick.

Besides mid season draft. The draft at seasons end we would have a coach by then.

I don't usually hear that commentary team. Bucks was excellent.
Look at that he reeled you in. You think Buckley was excellent because he spent the whole game blowing smoke up our arse, when all he was doing was putting his foot forward for our Coaching Gig.

Just ask Ross Lyon, when you haven't won a premiership you are always looking for a sweet list to have another go with. You just can't go through a selection process and not get the job so you got to use your media gig to always be applying so someone will ask you.

As has been the case for some time, Blair Hartley makes those decisions, as he should

(Log in to remove this ad.)

somehow think his name will come up. there isn't a wealth of top level experienced coaching talent out there. and someone who got within a bees dick of a flag should be on our radar. and he'd be better for the experience he's acquired.

This is the guy that forced Treloar and several others out of Lollingwood by saying the players didn't want him there instead of being honest and saying the club has a salary cap problem and unfortunately, he has to go.

He's the very opposite of a Richmond man and won't happen

Last edited:
Buckley is not the right person to coach Richmond and Richmond wont want buckley to coach Richmond
His Coaching style is not what wind premierships and he is not a Richmond type man
Agree no FIGJAMS at PRO. He’s failed in all his travels from the day he left Brisbane as a 19yo. Champion footballer, but no cigar . I believe he would crap everyone off as he thinks he’s a perfectionist and nobody is better than him. He can’t get down to the human level as his pedestal his too high to jump down from.

David king? Seems to be very passionate about the game so might be worth a look
family guy vomit GIF

Haha geez guys he’s not that bad ….. he spends a lot of time analysing games so I think his mind is already working like a coach so can step right into the role perfectly

Haha geez guys he’s not that bad ….. he spends a lot of time analysing games so I think his mind is already working like a coach so can step right into the role perfectly
Had him as an assistant under Wallace. That was bad enough lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back