Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

How are they going to get ahead of a likely top 3 pick, when we will likely have pick 2?
It would always be their first choice to trade up but if you guys want to bid that's fine we should bid at 3 also .

If they sell their pick which is 6 atm its going to take a hell of a lot more quality picks than the 2nd and 3rd roundes you have and probably involve a future 1st so they can trade back into the draft after the bid

Brisbane will be very tight on list spots after all the MSD players they just drafted . They won't be able to go into the draft with more than a few picks .

Maybe they will trade with GC or Freo who have multiple first rounders

Vlas and Nank are very important no doubt, but my point is its not as bad as you all think.

Baker 26
Rioli just 27 - still plenty of footy left
Bolton 25
Balta 24
TT 26
Ross 23
Lefau 25
Miller 24
MRioli 21

The above is a pretty solid core.

Then you have alot of kids showing good signs early or out injured.
You get 22 players are in a side correct?

Our bests have probably been the following in no particular order….

Nankervis, Rioli, Miller, Dow, Balta, Baker.

Hard to tell with the inconsistency of availability of the list. These guys have played most games.

Although I’m not sure if any player have played all games for us this year? Been one of those years I spose.

So you genuinely think Thomson Dow and Ben Miller have been better than Nick Vlastuin this year? Or Bolton? Or Martin? Wow!

how will you get the lions pick ?

Apparently they will be trying to trade up to get past the ashcroft Bid.

Suns sold their pick 4 last year but they got 3 first rounders for it
View attachment 2010319

Clubs can't use a bunch of late picks because they can only go into the draft with the same amount of picks as open list spots .

Any trade for Brisbanes pick 6 would either have to be multiple first rounders to jump up to 6 or invplve a future 1st
The lions have to accumulate enough points for both Ashcroft and Marshall, they can't possibly trade up ahead of an ashcroft bid and have enough points to match

The lions have to accumulate enough points for both Ashcroft and Marshall, they can't possibly trade up ahead of an ashcroft bid and have enough points to match
They will also have limited list spots so they can't take many picks into the draft 3 or 4 at most .

They will probably swap pick 6 like GC did last year for high picks and future picks then trade those picks again .

Plenty of clubs have matched an academy or father/son bid with a hand full of late picks but I can't recall a club swapping a high pick for a bunch of late picks .

Just don't see Brisbane giving up pick 6 for all Richmond's magic bean picks .

Sure the points add up but its useless when they can use them .

I can see freo packaging up their 1st rounders x3 for a top 10 pick if they can't get a trade they like

They will also have limited list spots so they can't take many picks into the draft 3 or 4 at most .

They will probably swap pick 6 like GC did last year for high picks and future picks then trade those picks again .

Plenty of clubs have matched an academy or father/son bid with a hand full of late picks but I can't recall a club swapping a high pick for a bunch of late picks .

Just don't see Brisbane giving up pick 6 for all Richmond's magic bean picks .

Sure the points add up but its useless when they can use them .

I can see freo packaging up their 1st rounders x3 for a top 10 pick if they can't get a trade they like
Picks this year have little value for the Lions, they will just be eaten up by their F/S and academy prospects what they need are points. Let's say Ashcroft goes pick 3 and Marshall goes pick 18, that will cost 3219 points before the 20% discount, the Lions as it stands only have 2350 points. I think they will finish a bit higher up the ladder meaning they have even less points come draft time

Picks this year have little value for the Lions, they will just be eaten up by their F/S and academy prospects what they need are points. Let's say Ashcroft goes pick 3 and Marshall goes pick 18, that will cost 3219 points before the 20% discount, the Lions as it stands only have 2350 points. I think they will finish a bit higher up the ladder meaning they have even less points come draft time
They can only take in the amount of picks as they have list spots . They will do what gold coast did slowly downgrade selling the picks to the highest bidder with the highest picks .

Once pick 6 is 17 and 19 and a future pick im sure they will trade 17 or 19 for your later picks

You get 22 players are in a side correct?
You cant read a full post? I am done wqith your trolling, thought you were up for a reasonable conversation but you are either a troll or a child. Good luck with your 5 minutes of not being a bottom 2 side champ.

You cant read a full post? I am done wqith your trolling, thought you were up for a reasonable conversation but you are either a troll or a child. Good luck with your 5 minutes of not being a bottom 2 side champ.
Its not a solid core in any way. 9 players between ages of 21-27 is not good.

Eagles in the same boat which is why both of us are bottom 3 and shithouse

Still bottom 4 with injuries but obviously not on 1 win etc.

In reality your injury list is much less severe then what Eagles had in the previoius 2 years so we know how you feel still
I disagree and I am sure you havenyt watched every tigers game and you clearly dont know our list.

Notice I dont argue on the prospects of WC? I trust you know your team better than I do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you on about? In the Liam Baker thread you argue about the ability of our players literally all the time :D
No I havent. Are you referring to the BW posts whereby I asked genuine questions and had a grown up conversation with Stallon? Something you continually fail to do.

We only had top up players because we were down to 17 fit players .

What would your club do ?

Play with only 17 ?
And we had 20 players on the injury list a few weeks ago with training severely effected
even now there are 15 and 3 as tests. Richmond has played every player available on the list

Last time we had even a decent amount of senior players was when we beat Sydney and that indicates what a decent list can do

how will you get the lions pick ?

Apparently they will be trying to trade up to get past the ashcroft Bid.

Suns sold their pick 4 last year but they got 3 first rounders for it
View attachment 2010319

Clubs can't use a bunch of late picks because they can only go into the draft with the same amount of picks as open list spots .

Any trade for Brisbanes pick 6 would either have to be multiple first rounders to jump up to 6 or invplve a future 1st
Well they better have the assets to trade to pick #1 then

Richmond will bid on ashcroft and go BANG and wipe out their hand

Or they can trade :p

And we had 20 players on the injury list a few weeks ago with training severely effected
even now there are 15 and 3 as tests. Richmond has played every player available on the list

Last time we had even a decent amount of senior players was when we beat Sydney and that indicates what a decent list can do
Not to mention the games where our B side has hung with finals teams for 3 quarters despite us being the apparent shittest team ever. Apparently having a close to full list we would have lost all these games anyway and we are in for years and years of pain.

It would always be their first choice to trade up but if you guys want to bid that's fine we should bid at 3 also .

If they sell their pick which is 6 atm its going to take a hell of a lot more quality picks than the 2nd and 3rd roundes you have and probably involve a future 1st so they can trade back into the draft after the bid

Brisbane will be very tight on list spots after all the MSD players they just drafted . They won't be able to go into the draft with more than a few picks .

Maybe they will trade with GC or Freo who have multiple first rounders
You are really struggling here

Brisbane Lions have 2 Academy kids available this year Ashcroft & Marshall with both expected to be high picks
Richmond bidding at 2 they need 2000 points just for Ashcroft and their pick 6/7 is not even enough to cover that bid and will even wipe out their next pick #44 leaving them in deficit for the Marchall bid that will come

Now what will they use to get from 6/7 to pick #1

Well they better have the assets to trade to pick #1 then

Richmond will bid on ashcroft and go BANG and wipe out their hand

Or they can trade :p
With Richmond's past history im sure they will bid anyway .

Brisbane will do what GC did last year and auction their first rounder for the best 2 picks . They will then auction those 2 picks for the best 4 picks .

I have yet to see a club trade a top 10 pick for a bunch of 2nd and 3rd rounders .

I'm sure they will trade their first rounder i just don't see them doing for Richmond's bucket of late picks .

They just can't use them

With Richmond's past history im sure they will bid anyway .

Brisbane will do what GC did last year and auction their first rounder for the best 2 picks . They will then auction those 2 picks for the best 4 picks .

I have yet to see a club trade a top 10 pick for a bunch of 2nd and 3rd rounders .

I'm sure they will trade their first rounder i just don't see them doing for Richmond's bucket of late picks .

They just can't use them
You really dont get it do you

Richmond will already give them the required points to match the bids with a trade plus not bidding at #2 adds another 300 odd points to that. Then once the bids are over for both their academy kids then have the option to trade back in with Richmond holding the amount of picks we do this year.

But for the sake of this argument looking at the the current picks clubs hold i would like to see your argument broken up so we could see what teams they could trade with keeping in mind Gold Coast , Adelaide , Carlton & Gws are all in a similar position looking for points for their FS/Academy bids

You really dont get it do you

Richmond will already give them the required points to match the bids with a trade plus not bidding at #2 adds another 300 odd points to that. Then once the bids are over for both their academy kids then have the option to trade back in with Richmond holding the amount of picks we do this year.

But for the sake of this argument looking at the the current picks clubs hold i would like to see your argument broken up so we could see what teams they could trade with keeping in mind Gold Coast , Adelaide , Carlton & Gws are all in a similar position looking for points for their FS/Academy bids
Lol you talk like this is already set in stone . Its June

You say I don't get it when your one making up fantasy trades that net you a top 10 pick for a bucket of late picks or you will theoretically blackmail them by threatening to bid on ashcroft .

All I have said is historically it has never worked that way and you can only take in the amount of draft picks that you have list spots so why would Brisbane want a bunch of picks they can't take to the draft?

Name me 1 trade that has netted a top 10 pick for a bunch of late picks ?

Lol you talk like this is already set in stone . Its June

You say I don't get it when your one making up fantasy trades that net you a top 10 pick for a bucket of late picks or you will theoretically blackmail them by threatening to bid on ashcroft .

All I have said is historically it has never worked that way and you can only take in the amount of draft picks that you have list spots so why would Brisbane want a bunch of picks they can't take to the draft?

Name me 1 trade that has netted a top 10 pick for a bunch of late picks ?
Your point was that Brisbane have the option to trade down multiple times to get better value

I asked for you to give us examples based on which clubs they could get better value from but .................

You have nothing to offer apart from hot air

Your point was that Brisbane have the option to trade down multiple times to get better value

I asked for you to give us examples based on which clubs they could get better value from but .................

You have nothing to offer apart from hot air
Its June mate who knows what picks clubs will have after trades and free agency .

Historically no team has traded a top pick for picks like what Richmond have.

You just have to look at last year and see what a team in the exact same situation as Brisbane are in chose to do .

Just to indulge you

Freo has 3 first round picks

Sydney has 2 firsts

Gws will have their first , probably 2 more end of firsts for perryman and Cummins as FA compo

All would be a far better trade than Richmond's late picks because as I have said multiple times you can only take in a certain amout of picks

Its June mate who knows what picks clubs will have after trades and free agency .

Historically no team has traded a top pick for picks like what Richmond have.

You just have to look at last year and see what a team in the exact same situation as Brisbane are in chose to do .

Just to indulge you

Freo has 3 first round picks

Sydney has 2 firsts

Gws will have their first , probably 2 more end of firsts for perryman and Cummins as FA compo

All would be a far better trade than Richmond's late picks because as I have said multiple times you can only take in a certain amout of picks
You really dont get it

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Richmond 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back