Game Day Richmond v Carlton, Round 21 - 15:20 AEST, Aug 11, 2019.

RIC v CAR: Who wins?

• Richmond 30+

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Richmond under 30pts

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Carlton under 30pts

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Carlton 30+

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Who should be in? Who should be dropped?

Richmond-vs-Carlton.png

FREE for 14 days:
Stream the game LIVE to any device.

Tip the game now - win cash 'n' prizes

Proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

richvcar.png

Where and when: MCG, Sunday August 11, 3.20pm AEST

TV, radio and online: Click here for broadcast guide

What it means for Richmond: The quest for a top-four spot continues. With tough games against West Coast and Brisbane to come, banking points against Carlton is vital. A win over the old enemy is an added bonus.

What it means for Carlton: After an exciting three weeks, the Blues crashed down to earth against West Coast. Another win could push Carlton up a ladder position, lessening the impact of losing that first-round pick to Adelaide.

The stat: Shane Edwards is currently sitting 250th on the VFL/AFL all-time games played list, and is also due to play his 250th game against Carlton. The lively midfielder has played the sixth-most VFL/AFL games by an indigenous player.

702411_lp.jpg

The match-up: Jack Riewoldt v Jacob Weitering
The two have had their fair share of battles over the past few years. Weitering, the Blues' second highest rating defender in the AFL Player Ratings, held Riewoldt (ranked 50th overall) to just 1.1 when the pair last met in round one.

It’s a big week for: Richmond's ruck stocks
Does Toby Nankervis make his long-awaited return from an adductor injury, after spending three weeks regaining touch in the VFL? Or does Ivan Soldo's strong performances since round nine hold him out? Mabior Chol's versatility sees him likely to hold onto the second ruck role.

Big call: Tom Lynch is hitting full steam ahead of his first finals series and will kick a bag of five goals.

Prediction: Tigers by 38 points

More By Sarah Black

Last edited:
Should be a great game, Carlton have been really good under Teague and Richmond are in good form.
Hoping we make the tough call and omit Soldo for Nankervis and keep Chol. Chol offers something different, Nankervis and Soldo is a little too slow and lumbering as a combination imo. Soldo isn't much chop outside of the ruck contests.

Last edited:

Should be a great game, Carlton have been really good under Teague and Richmond are in good form.
Hoping we make the tough call and omit Soldo for Nankervis and keep Chol. Chol offers something different, Nankervis and Soldo is a little too slow and lumbering as a combination imo. Soldo isn't much chop outside of the ruck contests.

Soldo stays in for me - good tap ruck and changes our stoppage game big time. Not sure if Nank need another VFL game.

But the game itself should be a good solid contest with the tigers superior class taking it out by the end. Hope the gloss of the new coach wears off, coz the Blues have got a heap of talent.

Weather going to be terrible....Blues will be coming hard but the Tigs are the 2019 favourites, but gee after seeing the WC who i thought we might have had a chance against....they're a very good team. Will be intesting to see if we can cope with the Tigs pressure and game style.

Back in the late 60s - early 70s - when the Blues and Tigers clashed in those heavyweight - top of the table games - when they were both Powerhouses - dominating the comp - winning all the flags etc - i allways use to barrack for Carlton - and come this Frid night - that will be the same

I couldnt barrack for Richmond - even if they were playing Millwall

One of my fondest days as a neutral supporter - back as a kid - was the 1972GF - where Carlton just kept piling on the goals - it was beautiful to listen to - didnt give arrogant - over confident blooody Richmond a look in . Big John - Wallsie and Jezza kicked about 20 of the 28 goals - what a fantastic day that was

Deboy is umpiring so Tigers will get the extra push they need to win.
Back in the late 60s - early 70s - when the Blues and Tigers clashed in those heavyweight - top of the table games - when they were both Powerhouses - dominating the comp - winning all the flags etc - i allways use to barrack for Carlton - and come this Frid night - that will be the same

One of my fondest days as a neutral supporter - back as a kid - was the 1972GF - where Carlton just kept piling on the goals - it was beautiful to listen to - didnt give arrogant - over confident blooody Richmond a look in . Big John - Wallsie and Jezza kicked about 20 of the 28 goals - what a fantastic day that was
Fear and loathing of the Tigers is probably one of the only things that unites Hawks and Cats supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We hav
Deboy is umpiring so Tigers will get the extra push they need to win.
We are the lowest rank side for free kicks advantage this year & I think its only like 3 or 4 games out of 20 that we have won the count so I doubt it will change whoever is umpiring. Clearly we seem to win without the assistance as some others clubs get which im not naming.

still sooking over royce hart, good to see

Be really interesting come 6pm tonight to see the inclusions for the tigers. We expect nank to come in but soldo has been named in the ruck, can they work together? Will stack come in or does he get another week rest? And do we pull the trigger and unleash the Marlion? Interesting times at tigerland.

If you’re barracking for Carlton Friday night, who will you be barracking for on Sunday? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Richmond v Carlton, Round 21 - 15:20 AEST, Aug 11, 2019.

Back