Richmond Vs Carlton round 1 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Matt Dea could be the answer to a lock down small defender. He is quick strong and alot bigger than Betts or Garlett. Would love to see him get some game time this year.

Hey amcre, he still has a lot to learn. Made another mistake on Friday, which was very similar to the ones he made in his first game against Melbourne last year. Simple handball blunder under pressure in the back line which immediately resulted in a goal. Just out of his depth at the moment IMO.

I too hope he gets a chance this year, but would prefer it is during a time when we hopefully have some confidence up. Apart from that, I think he will be well served with some more time learning the role at Coburg. Has time on his side.

I think santa was on the money, there is no need to match like with like. Even if you put a speedy little guy on gun small forwards, it's more to do with supply and reading the play that gives them the head start and ability to get the ball in space.

Medium sized backs, like Batchelor, Conca and Newman, are fine if you can put enough pressure up the ground, limiting the way the ball enters the defensive 50. The idea is to intercept the ball coming in, especially by outnumbering them in the contest, then using good delivery to rebound effectively.

Would rather Post than Miller at CHF, and i know you would to, so why is he going to get game time??

Maybe Post is still a few weeks away from being ready due to a disrupted pre season and with Griff a long way off the only option is Miller if we are looking at a 3 prong attack?

We are not having one, but a few of our boys might be eligible to play for Coburg

He looked good the other day. Has played 2 games now(1 with Coburg). This week will be a third game in the intraclub. Would rather him than no touch Miller :cool:

Intraclub?

And I spose the club should consult you on when to play Griff also :cool:

Intraclub?

And I spose the club should consult you on when to play Griff also :cool:

Bit rude mate. I think RFC_O was referring to the fact that those players may need afl permission to play at Coburg. So they may be eligible.
The afl won't allow any more intra club matches atm either.

Bit rude mate. I think RFC_O was referring to the fact that those players may need afl permission to play at Coburg. So they may be eligible.

AFL are tight. As we had one game called off surely they could give us something.

Can anyone give us an injury update for both clubs prior to next Thursday's R1 clash?

Obviously Griffiths will be rested, King is still serving a suspension and surely Kruezer will be sidelined.

I cannot think of anyone else from both clubs that may not be available recoviering from injuries or currently suspended???

Hehe, oops. I fixed my post. I meant to use RFC_O's post to indicate to MT that there will be no intraclub this weekend. :D

The Griff comment was targeted at MT, just pulling his chain :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like at this stage we will be seriously undermanned come Round 1.

Jamison - suspended
Bower - suspect foot injury
Murphy - suepect mystery injury
McLean - suspect ankle injury
Houlihan - suspect calf injury
Kreuzer - knee recovery

Our defence (if Bower also misses) looks extremely vulnerable!

Jamison - suspended
Kreuzer - knee recovery

Wow, if they were all to miss, it would certainly level out the playing field.

Henderson????

Jamison - suspended
Kreuzer - knee recovery

Wow, if these guys are all missing we can finally see some of that depth you've been talking about all summer

Yeah, Henderson??? If he's playing, it will be even more level :thumbsu:

Haha, but we do often make KPF's look better than they are.

Also it will be intersting at how good this so called depth is.

They have a thread over there stating top4.......easy! WTF???????????????

Wow, if these guys are all missing we can finally see some of that depth you've been talking about all summer

yep. parrot's been squawking about their great list management. Must have severely undermanned for kpp's seeing they drafted a heap of them last draft.She would have taken Watson at pick 6 as well. :D

He played alright in the Adelaide game, and would rather see him than Miller, as we all would

Agree that we would rather see Posty than Miller, all being well. So if we don't, one would naturally assume there is a good reason for it... such as Post not being match fit, or otherwise.

Jamison - suspended
Kreuzer - knee recovery

Suspected injuries so none of them confirmed? Even so, you guys are starting to build some good depth. You can handle it especially coming up against a team like Richmond.

Your backline is looking shaky but one of our only threats in the forward line in Riewoldt has had an interrupt preseason with finger surgery and then a knee injury. Only played half a practice match so would be underdone. I wouldn't expect a lot from him. Newman has also had an interrupted preseason with back issues or something and has only played 1 practice match also. Didn't do much. Also Lids has been struggling with a heel injury and has only played 2 halves in the NAB Challenge.

That's 3 of our most important players. Also Jackson has been struggling with hamstring tendinitis and Edwards had an interrupted preseason with a shoulder injury. Conca has had a limited preseason coming off ankle surgery. Moore who IMO is our most important defender is injured and won't play, Farmer is injured, Connors injured himself on the weekend and I'm not sure if he will play or not, King is suspended. I agree you guys are worse off but we don't have the depth you have and it's not like we're coming into this one 100% either.

This is what some dude on Carlton's board is prophesising:

"Contrary to Gerard Healy's opinion in another thread I believe a top four finish is certainly realistic when you consider our fixture for 2011

1. Richmond - Should win comfortably - Win
2. Gold Coast - As above - Win
3. Collingwood - Unlikely - Loss
4. Essendon - Blues in a close one - Win
5. Adelaide - Considering pre-season we should win at home - Win
6. Sydney - A few injured swans may get us over the line - Win
7. St. Kilda - We won by 10 goals last year - Win
8. Bye

9. Geelong - No reason to break tradition - Win
10. Melbourne - They're still a bit behind us - Win
11. Port Adelaide - It's away but I'd be disappointed with a loss - Win
12. Brisbane - Another win at home - Win
13. Sydney - 50/50 This time around maybe not so lucky - Loss
14. West Coast - Comfortable win at home - Win
15. Richmond - I'd say a bigger margin this time around - Win
16. Western Bulldogs - Smashed us last year - Loss
17. Collingwood - Realistically - Loss
18. Essendon - Call me biased - Win
19. North Melbourne - Another close game - Win
20. Melbourne - We need to win these games - Win
21. Fremantle - If they're all in we're in trouble away - Loss
22. Hawthorn - As above, we got pantsed last time - Loss
23. Bye
24. St. Kilda - Maybe not this time - Loss

I make that 15/7, surely a push for top 4
"

Don't think we realistically have a chance but gee I hope we make it hard for them. Stinking over-confident cheating scumbags!

Jamison - suspended
Kreuzer - knee recovery

Jamison and Bower missing would go a long way towards our forward line definitely starting with Jack, Vicks and Miller.

Jamison - suspended
Murphy - suspect mystery injury
Kreuzer - knee recovery

Did he not finish a praccy game or something? What's the go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back