Richmond Vs Carlton round 1 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A win would be nice. Been putting up with 30 years of plop :cool:
I was thinking last night at least Taylor will be running around(I bloody hope he is). I'm looking forward to Helbig, Houli and Morton providing us with crumbing goals which we haven't seen since the mid 90s when Daffy, Naish and Merenda were doing well :thumbsu:

One of the reasons we have had 30 years of plop has been chasing wins to appease the short sighted views of the impatient

For the life of me I can't understand why this kid isn't playing every week. He moves like a young Aaron Hamill, and that can't be a bad thing. Any reasons for the dearth of senior games?

has had form and injury issues both probably related.
as an example last yr he was dropping nearly every mark he went for. it wasnt until the end of the season we found out he had been carrying a hand injury all yr.
the good thing was he was getting his hands on the ball but not hanging on. hopefully this yr when he gets his mitts on the ball he drags his fair share down.

think the other issue was pace for some reason he seemed to lose a yard of pace.maybe an issue in growing into a bigger body.
one thing for sure looks like he will miss a few weeks at least thru injury.
so thats post and griffiths out for awhile with riewoldt probably underdone.
not a bad time if your the opposition to have a few problems in defence.

finally i really liked hamill as a player aggressive hard at it no nonsense fantastic second third efforts some would say post needs to find some of these attributes.

has had form and injury issues both probably related.
as an example last yr he was dropping nearly every mark he went for. it wasnt until the end of the season we found out he had been carrying a hand injury all yr.
the good thing was he was getting his hands on the ball but not hanging on. hopefully this yr when he gets his mitts on the ball he drags his fair share down.

think the other issue was pace for some reason he seemed to lose a yard of pace.maybe an issue in growing into a bigger body.
one thing for sure looks like he will miss a few weeks at least thru injury.
so thats post and griffiths out for awhile with riewoldt probably underdone.
not a bad time if your the opposition to have a few problems in defence.

finally i really liked hamill as a player aggressive hard at it no nonsense fantastic second third efforts some would say post needs to find some of these attributes.

Aaron hamill top player...:thumbsu:...

Got a feeling his aggressiveness at the ball brought him undone through injuries and shortened his AFL playing career...a little like brereton...

Hamill also reminds me of our own jackson...aggressive player hard at it no nonsense fantastic second third efforts...;)...

Aaron hamill top player...:thumbsu:...

Got a feeling his aggressiveness at the ball brought him undone through injuries and shortened his AFL playing career...a little like brereton...

Hamill also reminds me of our own jackson...aggressive player hard at it no nonsense fantastic second third efforts...;)...

na jacksons more like tim fleming hamill had a footy brain and decent decison making abilty and reasonable kick with it.
in a way your comparing a rolls royce with a clapped out holden.

na jacksons more like tim fleming hamill had a footy brain and decent decison making abilty and reasonable kick with it.
in a way your comparing a rolls royce with a clapped out holden.

Nah...Rolls Royce's dont break down...

Their acceleration is tawdy due to their extreme heavy weight...

They cost a bomb...even to maintain in prime condition...

Without a chauffer you get nowhere..

They look nice and have a reputation but you would'nt want to own one...

Most owners of Rolls Royce's are 'pretenders'...:p...

I'll take the clapped out holden with the furry dice hanging from the rear vision mirror and torn melways in the center console any day...

Cos they will go for ever and give you good value!...:D...

Nah...Rolls Royce's dont break down...

Their acceleration is tawdy due to their extreme heavy weight...

They cost a bomb...even to maintain in prime condition...

Without a chauffer you get nowhere..

They look nice and have a reputation but you would'nt want to own one...

Most owners of Rolls Royce's are 'pretenders'...:p...

I'll take the clapped out holden with the furry dice hanging from the rear vision mirror and torn melways in the center console any day...

Cos they will go for ever and give you good value!...:D...

Awesome:D

KREUZER IS DOWN! I REPEAT KREUZER IS DOWN!

wait... wasnt he injuried for most of last season?

would love to see a win to start off the season but if we can at least win half our games id be happy. very happy.

well a VERY reliable poster on our board has confirmed Bower will miss Rd1.

No Jamison, No Bower, possibly no Carrazzo and McLean, Hampson and White 70-30 to play.

This is your best chance to beat us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It won't matter if you don't even play a defense. We still need to actually get the ball into our forward, which is something we have struggled to do against you in recent times. If we are to win we need our midfield to up it's defensive pressure and stop the free flowing coast to coast movement that so many teams do to us, ie you guys.

Was said at the FTF gala by Dimma so I'd say it's true
I don't think it's that he's injured himself recently, just that it is why he's had an interupted preseason and is not able to play in Round 1

that's what i gathered reading that comment also. Think he injured himself earlier in the pre-season hence was behind others so didnt' play in the early pre-season games

Not to mention Murphy seen hobbling around with knee strapping at the club around a week ago

You Carlton scum enjoy inflating our hopes knowing full well Murphy will play. You're claiming a number of players will be absent based on a "reliable posters" opinion. **** off.

It won't matter if you don't even play a defense. We still need to actually get the ball into our forward, which is something we have struggled to do against you in recent times. If we are to win we need our midfield to up it's defensive pressure and stop the free flowing coast to coast movement that so many teams do to us, ie you guys.

hmm, I didn't know we were taking the same side circa R 1 2009 into next Thurs night:rolleyes:

well a VERY reliable poster on our board has confirmed Bower will miss Rd1.

No Jamison, No Bower, possibly no Carrazzo and McLean, Hampson and White 70-30 to play.

This is your best chance to beat us.

sheesh if you blokes are gunna be that bad because of a couple injuries you must be no chance for the 8.
besides we know its bunkum. you over here making excuses just in case the unlikely happens and you lose.
dont worry your pretty little head about it. you still have austin whos had lots of injury, the promising white you would have to be glad with his season last yr. young watson who has apparently done well pre season, and of course thornton who most of your mates would rate a better player than any of our kpds. so that covers for bower and jamison. warnock covers for kruezer in the ruck and hampson comes in to give some backup to him. i think that about sums up your injuries.

na lose to one of the comps battlers because of a couple of injuries and you will know straight away your a bunch of pretenders. well the rest of the comp will anyway.

Even the last time we played them, the amount of scoring they had compared to us was ridiculous. Our midfield pressure is way below par and unless we start to effectively deploy this zone of ours teams will just go from coast to coast and score freely.

Also it seems as though Carlton supporters are already trying to make excuses if we actually do come out with a win. Just because they have a couple defenders out shouldn't mean we are now favourites to win, Carlton should have better depth then that if they want to win finals.

Even the last time we played them, the amount of scoring they had compared to us was ridiculous. Our midfield pressure is way below par and unless we start to effectively deploy this zone of ours teams will just go from coast to coast and score freely.

Also it seems as though Carlton supporters are already trying to make excuses if we actually do come out with a win. Just because they have a couple defenders out shouldn't mean we are now favourites to win, Carlton should have better depth then that if they want to win finals.

Agree with this

They have 3 or 4 players out, and apperently every one of their replacemants are better than our starting 22 in the same postitions, so they should have no reason to fear us.......or do they??

sheesh if you blokes are gunna be that bad because of a couple injuries you must be no chance for the 8.
besides we know its bunkum. you over here making excuses just in case the unlikely happens and you lose.
dont worry your pretty little head about it. you still have austin whos had lots of injury, the promising white you would have to be glad with his season last yr. young watson who has apparently done well pre season, and of course thornton who most of your mates would rate a better player than any of our kpds. so that covers for bower and jamison. warnock covers for kruezer in the ruck and hampson comes in to give some backup to him. i think that about sums up your injuries.

na lose to one of the comps battlers because of a couple of injuries and you will know straight away your a bunch of pretenders. well the rest of the comp will anyway.

Holy shit SC trolling an opposition supporter. :eek:

I can now die a happy man. :D

You Carlton scum enjoy inflating our hopes knowing full well Murphy will play. You're claiming a number of players will be absent based on a "reliable posters" opinion. **** off.

Easy princess, I was trying to share some information which some may find interesting...ericpascoe is the poster on our board, check his posts, never wrong.

Bower is the one he stated as being out..Thornton very likely to replace him. Watson a big chance to debut too. The other players I named all have fitness issues and were worth a mention.

Carry on.

I agree with you santa clawz, we should be able to cover their losses if we expect to be top 6. Our outs do make it an interesting game though...go on, build up some hope :p

Also a question. Where's Morton expected to play and what's the likely ruck combo for the Tiges?

I agree with you santa clawz, we should be able to cover their losses if we expect to be top 6. Our outs do make it an interesting game though...go on, build up some hope :p

Also a question. Where's Morton expected to play and what's the likely ruck combo for the Tiges?

Morton & Houli will be HF/Mid.... i suspect our rucks will be Gus rotating with Posty..I personally wouldnt mind seeing our new recruit X man but certain gus will get first crack at No 1 ruck posi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back