Richmond Vs Carlton round 1 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you santa clawz, we should be able to cover their losses if we expect to be top 6. Our outs do make it an interesting game though...go on, build up some hope :p

Also a question. Where's Morton expected to play and what's the likely ruck combo for the Tiges?

oh only aiming for top 6 you might as well not even bother then.

and dont be silly most of us over here know where we are at but i have to wonder about you lot. when i think we are top 4 i will say so and i wouldnt be hedging my bets like carlton posters over here if i was playing a side in richmonds position.

have some balls come out and say you expect to win and there will be no excuses if you lose dont come on our site and feed us bull shit and give us the run around.

the simple facts are players like carazzo mcclean and a few others have got thru a game today the only outs will be kruezer jamison ellard and possibly bower. ive been thru their replacements if you aspire to top 4 and cant cover for them against us battlers you are well and truly ****ed and delusional.
now **** off and take the piss out of some other lot we hewre have the power of our convictions which is more than i can say for you.

I don't need to preface any statement I make with a prediction, if you want to read too much into a post, by all means, go for it.

Anywho, thanks for your answer bojangles...liked what I saw of Derrickx in the NAB Cup, handy for your ruck depth...Vickery just needs to get a move along, finally showing some signs though.

I have a very good feeling about this.

Counting the days, minutes and hours until the first bounce.

Carn the Tigers.

**** off zeeCFC.

Carn the Tigers.

**** off zeeCFC.

We should have some confidence considering we have a full midfield and defence to pick from. In 3 or 4 weeks we should have a full forward line to pick from too :cool:

Carn the Tigers.

**** off zeeCFC.

Be little more respectful Budda. zee has been very civil in his posts here.

But yes, looking forward to the game but unfortunately, i can't go :(

Bloody thursday.

I don't need to preface any statement I make with a prediction, if you want to read too much into a post, by all means, go for it.

Anywho, thanks for your answer bojangles...liked what I saw of Derrickx in the NAB Cup, handy for your ruck depth...Vickery just needs to get a move along, finally showing some signs though.
zeeCFC, answer me this question. What is it with Carlton posters obsession of having Richmond BF posts as their sigs? I reckon there must be at least a dozen or so floating around.

Carn the Tigers.

**** off zeeCFC.

Please please please for you own sake for your sanity do not start getting "good feelings" about anything associated with RFC's onfield form til we actually dominate a quarter of footy against anyone.

zeeCFC, answer me this question. What is it with Carlton posters obsession of having Richmond BF posts as their sigs? I reckon there must be at least a dozen or so floating around.

Just a joke, changed it for the sake of being able to have a good conversation on here. It is pretty funny though how some people falling for parrot's baiting :p (amcre, Jim and even morro! :eek:)

I'm very confident that when our lists are at their primes that Carlton is an easily better side but I always question our consistency (or lack there of) and am becoming increasingly worried with our underdone players and lack of solid tall backline players with Bower and Jamo as definite outs.

Are you guys seriously considering playing Miller in a forward line with Taylor, Vickery and Jack? very tall IMO.

Also, who will play defensive forward on Yarran? King would have been for this.

In previous encounters you've sometimes stayed closed up to the 3rd quarter and then been overrun but gradual improvement and taking your chances could see you get over that hurdle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you guys seriously considering playing Miller in a forward line with Taylor, Vickery and Jack? very tall IMO.
Given all the tall defenders that are unavailable I think we might (pending weather) to try and exploit it, though Taylor is a completely different beast to Vickery, Miller and Jack.

Nahas? :eek::cool:

Be little more respectful Budda. zee has been very civil in his posts here.

But yes, looking forward to the game but unfortunately, i can't go :(

Bloody thursday.

hes been over here taking the piss in his own very subtle way.
besides im not inclined to be civil to any carlton poster who comes over here having been treated very poorly myself on their rabid board.
what goes around comes around.

Simple answer, you guys give us plenty of ammo! :p

Bit worried about Jamison and Bower being out but as long as we control the midfield we should still get up.
Blues by 56

Bit worried about Jamison and Bower being out but as long as we control the midfield we should still get up.
Blues by 56

Any truth in the rumour that MMurphy has a partial tear in his cartilage...left knee...?!?!...

And could be out for up to 6 weeks...

Just a joke, changed it for the sake of being able to have a good conversation on here. It is pretty funny though how some people falling for parrot's baiting :p (amcre, Jim and even morro! :eek:)

I'm very confident that when our lists are at their primes that Carlton is an easily better side but I always question our consistency (or lack there of) and am becoming increasingly worried with our underdone players and lack of solid tall backline players with Bower and Jamo as definite outs.

In previous encounters you've sometimes stayed closed up to the 3rd quarter and then been overrun but gradual improvement and taking your chances could see you get over that hurdle.
That's great and all, but you didn't answer my question. What's with the obsession? And don't mention Parrot on this board, the worst poster on BF by a long stretch.

At the moment, yes you're a better side, and so you should be. But, your so called depth will be on display next Thursday, so it will be interesting to see the outcome for a side being touted as Top 4 by your supporters.

Blues by 56
So I was correct, it's an obsession. Fair enough.

That aside, you should still control the midfield, but with Jamison and Bower out, we won't need as many forays forward to score.

Blues by 56

Good luck controlling our midfield :D
cotchin, martin, foley, deledio, morton, grigg is a pretty damn good 1st and 2nd engine rooms :cool:

Riewoldt has had almost minimal preseason game time...will he play deep forward or up the ground? surely playing him deep for one game and allowing him to get back to form will be more beneficial, especially on Thornton.

On our forward line, I'm expecting the match ups to go like so...

Astbury - Waite
McGuane - Henderson
Rance/Deledio - Walker/Collins
Newman - Betts
Connors - Garlett

Walker on Deledio would be mouth watering. Would be a good challenge for Walker to attack and defend off Deledio. Robinson may play defensive forward at times too.

If sh*t hits the fan and Jack starts running amok up forward, Waite and Thornton might switch

Riewoldt has had almost minimal preseason game time...will he play deep forward or up the ground? surely playing him deep for one game and allowing him to get back to form will be more beneficial, especially on Thornton.

On our forward line, I'm expecting the match ups to go like so...

Astbury - Waite
McGuane - Henderson
Rance/Deledio - Walker/Collins
Newman - Betts
Connors - Garlett

Walker on Deledio would be mouth watering. Would be a good challenge for Walker to attack and defend off Deledio. Robinson may play defensive forward at times too.

If sh*t hits the fan and Jack starts running amok up forward, Waite and Thornton might switch

I think I'd rather McGuane on Waite and Astbury on Henderson for different reasons but Henderson will likely play closer to goal?? Connors being defensive enough on Gartlett worries me....

I think I'd rather McGuane on Waite and Astbury on Henderson for different reasons but Henderson will likely play closer to goal?? Connors being defensive enough on Gartlett worries me....

Yeah came to that conclusion as Henderson should play closer to goal and you would probably have Astbury on whoever plays at CHF.

Thought Garlett would be too quick for Newman who would probably use his body to much better effect against Betts who has struggled against defenders who use this ploy. Who has lined up on Jeffy in the past?

Yeah came to that conclusion as Henderson should play closer to goal and you would probably have Astbury on whoever plays at CHF.

Thought Garlett would be too quick for Newman who would probably use his body to much better effect against Betts who has struggled against defenders who use this ploy. Who has lined up on Jeffy in the past?

I can't remember last years games too well (deliberate ploy by my brain to eradicate painful memories) but the ball was coming in so quickly it might not have mattered. Players who I suppose could have fitted the bill would have been Webberley, Dea, Farmer, Kingy, O'Reilly.... Connors.

The rnd 1 game I just remember how well Carlton spread when they got the footy and how precise they were using it, especially in comparison to us..... That and Betts being paid a mark on a siren (qtr time?), when the ball clearly hit a Tiger players back first....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back