RICHMOND VS FREMANTLE (1:10PM EST @ MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

null-59.jpg

ede85530684f0469bd3ace6119407f9e.jpg

Needless to say I really hope the Tigers win.

Unfortunately, with our massive outs this week and no rain, that makes it more likely, to be honest. The only area we are full strength on the ground is our midfield - which will match well with Richmond and keep us close. Our defense will hold because of the team effort, but our scoring power is greatly diminished without Ballas and Pav. :(

Freo to give it a good hot go, but a full strength Richmond will likely get the four points.

Unfortunately, with our massive outs this week and no rain, that makes it more likely, to be honest. The only area we are full strength on the ground is our midfield - which will match well with Richmond and keep us close. Our defense will hold because of the team effort, but our scoring power is greatly diminished without Ballas and Pav. :(

Freo to give it a good hot go, but a full strength Richmond will likely get the four points.

Dude you beat Geelong at the G in the finals. I reckon you'll win

This game last year while Pav played and well the weather was shit house and Lyon did a version of what we saw in the final versus Geelong and shut out Richmond immensely. If he has the defensive plan in full attack you shall do what has been done before and not need big returns from the attacking side as he has thee capability as a coach to win defensively only. Not to mention the Tiggers have never beaten Lyon. This style matches up against Richmond well and from what I've seen goes as far as pissing them off because it stops the run and they get frustrated and make skill errors and turnovers cause of risks.

Having said that, I do tend to agree with you that injury will be the difference if only marginal as well as the travelling and Richmond will win by about 20-30.

Huge game in the context of the season, if Fremantle win, there will be a 2.5 game gap between 6th and 5th, all but guaranteeing Fremantle, Sydney, Essendon, Geelong and Hawthorn a home final (either home elimination or qualifying or semi). Even if Richmond win, I don't expect the top 5 teams to loose too many more, Richmond would need to win every game for the rest of the season for a 5th finish.

The game where Pav and Ballantyne kicked 9 between them?

Massive outs, along with Sandilands, Richmond should win if they want to be called legitimate contenders.

We've never beaten Ross

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure who to go with in this one. Should be a tight game. Leaning towards Richmond with Freo's outs, but I would prefer Freo won, and think they can.

I'll say a draw.

Ahh, the old injury excuse.

You haven't had Pav all year but kept on winning. Why an excuse now? Same with Sandi and Clarke has stepped up and been great. He should easily match Maric. Ballantyne has been in average form all year. Walters is your true forward line star along with Mayne. McPharlin I'll give you and is an excuse if Jack gets off the chain today.

It's funny how the media has focused on us not beating anyone above us to be a contender (we aren't) yet neither have Freo. If Freo are serious contenders they will knock off a younger Richmond outfit today.

Gee, can Freo and Richmond supporters stop going down the path of 'We're no good - you're much better - we've got injuries - we respect you'.

How about a bit of blind, unthinking, optimistic bravado? This is football after all - decorum and logic don't really apply.

Mind you, Freo are significantly better than us and have handled us well in the past and we don't want to get ahead of ourselves, and the weather won't suit us...........................................

Aaah, bugger it - we'll smash 'em.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Fremantle get up. If Richmond have their tails up early they'll be hard to stop.

At face value, Richmond should win. Pavlich & McPharlin were the difference in this game last year, and both are missing. As is Ballantyne, four-goal hero of Freo's narrow Subi win in Round 5. Our own strangler, Steve Morris, missed that game and will lock onto Walters here.

If Richmond believes, really believes, they will get the points here. But if like me the doubts re our ability against worthy opposition are close to the surface, chances are we'll fail.

Ross Lyon sides are hard to beat. I don't think Freo respects Richmond and expect it to be a physical game. If we win, we'll have earned it.

Remove this Banner Ad

RICHMOND VS FREMANTLE (1:10PM EST @ MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back