Richmond vs Hawthorn - NAB3 Match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

To me, all of these are just practice matches. Win, lose or draw big deal. So long as we get no injuries, I really don't mind how we go.

The NAB cup is the biggest joke. I can't stand it. Watched about 10 minutes of the Essendon game last night and they have a video ref now. For God's sake. I mean Lenny Hayes touched the ball so it ended up being a point, but what about everything prior to that decision? Will we video ref a perhaps push in the back on the wing?

Anyway, round 1 comes and I'll fire up then but all this messing around before hand is just a joke.
Agree.
I have watched 10 mins of the whole NAB Cup. Was overseas when we played and decided to check the Suns out just out of morbid curiosity for 10 minutes, but the whole thing is unwatchable Mickey Mouse stuff.

Without reading through all the posts, who actually ending up missing last night? I made it we missed the following, JR, Moore, Newman, Edwards, King, Taylor, Nason, Webberly, Gourdis, Browne, Derrickx, Griffiths, Post. Some new guys may have as well but guys named above who have played last season or early this year I couldn't pick if they played or not.

Just because they played last year doesn't mean they are
best 22.....everyone basically got a run last year....so did we 'miss' them last night?

I know you get that good feeling to think we were 'missing' players, but from that list, I think we only 'missed' Jack, Newman, Edwards, King and maybe Taylor. Then, their outs were similar. But, agree, there are a few others on that list that are definitely in the 'could be' best 22 by year end.

Hoping Big Griff is a regular....not sure Post is going to make it. Derricks could be smokey....hope we see more of him!

Just because they played last year doesn't mean they are
best 22.....everyone basically got a run last year....so did we 'miss' them last night?

I know you get that good feeling to think we were 'missing' players, but from that list, I think we only 'missed' Jack, Newman, Edwards, King and maybe Taylor. Then, their outs were similar. But, agree, there are a few others on that list that are definitely in the 'could be' best 22 by year end.

Hoping Big Griff is a regular....not sure Post is going to make it. Derricks could be smokey....hope we see more of him!

Never said all of those mentioned were best 22 just wondering who actually played in the end regardless of who was picked in the squad. Stream was hard at times when it worked to pick out who was who apart from the big guys.

Never said all of those mentioned were best 22 just wondering who actually played in the end regardless of who was picked in the squad. Stream was hard at times when it worked to pick out who was who apart from the big guys.

That's an understatement! It was hard enough to work out which team was which on that stream!! But I think you are right that no one on your list there played.

THEN?...

THEN?...

THEN?... :cool:

Is there something wrong with the educational system these days? The last 2 years I've noticed this spelling mistake so often but never really saw it before that. When you say than do you really think it sounds like then? Something for all gen y's to have a good hard think about ;)

Lol.

Don't you mean edumacational system? :cool:

[YOUTUBE]DhrfhjLd9e4[/YOUTUBE]

^^^^^^^^^

This

I mean seriously ... Robin Nahas running around with Cyril Rioli for the whole game

ah there is a flip side.
what was it malthouse said about tonights game. oh yeah it may be just a nab cup game but we have blokes coming into the side trying to prove they belong in the best 22 so it will be pretty full on, or words to that effect.

to me blokes like white nahas rance connors gourdis mcguane thursfield edwards etc etc are playing for their survival or trying to establish themselves properly i would have thought they would be going all out to show they belong.

Yeah I was thinking that but
I can't believe how often I see that spelling mistake these days :cool:

lol.... I can take criticism on my spelling and grammar I'm not the best I know. More laziness than anything else and it's been on a slow decline since leaving school 92' and the invention of the spell check.
If spell check doesn't pick it up then it's passed the keeper for 4. :D

I dont have too much respect for the English language either. Silent letters WTF.... There Their.... wear where, desert desert, sure shore, etc...
Even the capital of Fiji has an invisible letter... wow

I think that makes it the last 5 years people have said tuck is gone yet he still remains one of if not the best clearance player in the competition. if we keep writing him off he might just play as long as his father did.

I think that makes it the last 5 years people have said tuck is gone yet he still remains one of if not the best clearance player in the competition. if we keep writing him off he might just play as long as his father did.

not being smart or anything but what big bodied clearance players have we taken in the last 5 yrs in an attempt to surpass him. there have not been many. you cant replace em if you dont get em on your list to start with.

ah there is a flip side.
what was it malthouse said about tonights game. oh yeah it may be just a nab cup game but we have blokes coming into the side trying to prove they belong in the best 22 so it will be pretty full on, or words to that effect.

to me blokes like white nahas rance connors gourdis mcguane thursfield edwards etc etc are playing for their survival or trying to establish themselves properly i would have thought they would be going all out to show they belong.

Thats a given Santa , of course Nahas is playing for survival . But we all know where those two players lie in the class stakes .

Hence the result in a praccy match like that really is irrelevent .

Plus a slight difference between a young kid trying to bust into a premiership outfit than the position Hardwick is in with us ... light years away .

It won't be for at least another draft ... maybe 2 that Dimma will get somewhere near the list he wants , until then he has to "try" and get players like Nahas somewhere up to scratch . Hence his little lesson Friday night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats a given Santa , of course Nahas is playing for survival . But we all know where those two players lie in the class stakes .

Hence the result in a praccy match like that really is irrelevent .

Plus a slight difference between a young kid trying to bust into a premiership outfit than the position Hardwick is in with us ... light years away .

It won't be for at least another draft ... maybe 2 that Dimma will get somewhere near the list he wants , until then he has to "try" and get players like Nahas somewhere up to scratch . Hence his little lesson Friday night
if nahas and co cant get a kick in a low key practice match what is the likelyhood of these players doing well when the real pressure goes on in the season proper.
weather your yound and trying to break into a premiership side or young and trying to break into a bottom side you have to perform. if a bloke like nahas cant get a game at a club with vittually no small forwards at all what the hell does that say about him white king hicks and others.
whats that saying about march champions. well we are march chumps to go al;ong with season proper chumps.

if nahas and the other so called small forwards are not up to scratch hardwick should be looking at alternative ways to generate goals.to me that is using a bit of plain old common sense.

its just my opinion but cotchin houli conca morton have all the attributes to play the small medium forward role. why not rotate the lot thru a flank or pocket or both. we also drafted a kid called macdonald throw him in the deep end bloody hell he at least has the size to compete.
im sick to death of this club persevering with players who clearly need to be upgraded on.

I'm saying this to the detriment of myself personally (so hopefully that carries a little more weight).

Limit users to those that provide a password. Password can be obtained via RFC membership # and password.

Incredibly frustrating that 1/4, 1/2 time breaks were perfect, yet gametime was consistently frozen or dropping out entirely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond vs Hawthorn - NAB3 Match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back