Unofficial Preview Richmond vs North - First of 3 Practice Games

During which quarter do we decide to Sack Dimma Marley?

• 1st

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • 2nd

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • 3rd

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 4th

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 5th

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 6th

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • After he breaks the 2 puff max rule before passing it on

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • When he pulls out the Ruby chop to mix with his Spiff

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I wanna see you melt when Dimma picks George ahead of Cumberland. Gonna be epic.
Is gorgeous george gonna play?

Sexy Girl GIF by Kiaundra Jackson

if we dont play cumbo round one we will loose, simple as that
Cumbo v Rioli Jr v Clarke v Cotch

Pick 3

Wouldn’t like to be in the selectors shoes for that one but wouldn’t mind being a fly on the wall listening to the debate

Cumbo v Rioli Jr v Clarke v Cotch

Pick 3

Wouldn’t like to be in the selectors shoes for that one but wouldn’t mind being a fly on the wall listening to the debate
I'll go with all 4 as chimp will be playing mostly mid rotating forward

People stressing out about how some come players didn't line up in the starting 22, need to understand that in our first hit out we weren't necessarily going to hve our best 22 starting the game. Yesterday was a perfect opportunity to have a look at some of the kids who have bided their time in the reserves and how they go playing alongside our best 22 players and also against some of the oppositions best 22 players so that if we need to call upon them during the season proper we have a better understanding of who is more likely to step up.

Next week I'd expect the 22 to be a lot closer to the 22 that will line up against Carlton in round 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Cumbo sat out the first 3 quarters. Mansell looked pretty good in that forward role. MRJ and Cumbo quiet which isn’t ideal as their X factor is more promising than Cotch and Mansell imo

If Dimma selects Mansell over Cumberland and in a forward role at that, he's clearly been on the shrooms all offseason and it's melted his brain.

Mansell is a a goer who has some pace, but he's one of the least talented players on the list when it comes to skill and football smarts. He is new age 2023 version of Steven Morris

Think we need to get a grip on what you can get out of these sorts of practice matches.

1. Game plan. How has it evolved over the summer? We look to have put more focus on contested ball but no doubt our defensive pressure without the ball will come back when the real stuff starts.
2. How do the players look in their new positions? Hopper looks composed in and under freeing up Taranto and Dion to transition. Cotchin looks good as a smaller forward with bursts on ball. Dusty dynamic up forward.
3. Which youngsters impressed? Balta looked solid down back. Samson looked ok up forward. Clarke looked like he was pressing for round 1. Campbell stood out in the weaker strength game.
4. No injuries.

From this side I expect Marlion, Lynch, Bolton Cumberland, Baker and Broad straight back into the 23. This gives the side a significantly different look, particularly forward of centre.

Heat will be on for the bench and sun spots which I expect to be fought out by
Short, Cotchin, Ross, Baker, Graham, Clarke, Miller, Sonsie.

At this stage I expect the bench to be Cotchin, Baker, Clarke, Miller, with Short as the sub.

Gee wizz.All of a sudden Cotch can't adapt.How some people have short memories.

Not about cant adapt. He's a born-and-bread midfielder. He's 33 years old in April. Cumbo 21 exciting prospect. Showed us all in those 7 games what he is capable of. Has speed, reads the play well, and most importantly kicks goals, 19. The scope for improvement is big.

So in 15 years how many times has Cotchin played mostly forward? I reckon he could surprise even Kane Cornes, so all I'm saying is I don't want Cumbo out just to make way for cotchin whose entire career has been as a hard-nosed mid. Now, In saying all this I do believe both will play and there's room to rotate a host of players through our multi-functional forward line.

we have a lot of depth don't we, competition for spots is at an all time high, particularly flankers, Not sure what to do with Short but he won a BnF playing HBF...so just play him there, his long kicking game is much needed down there, he is an outside player and playing him in the centre bounce isn't his go

Loved Campbell like others have said, looks to have it, sometimes you just know. Cumbo i really like and he is such a talent, maybe his work rate hasn't been there this pre season and this was a kick up the ass, long term he is going to be a star for us i believe

Not about cant adapt. He's a born-and-bread midfielder. He's 33 years old in April. Cumbo 21 exciting prospect. Showed us all in those 7 games what he is capable of. Has speed, reads the play well, and most importantly kicks goals, 19. The scope for improvement is big.

So in 15 years how many times has Cotchin played mostly forward? I reckon he could surprise even Kane Cornes, so all I'm saying is I don't want Cumbo out just to make way for cotchin whose entire career has been as a hard-nosed mid. Now, In saying all this I do believe both will play and there's room to rotate a host of players through our multi-functional forward line.
Cumbo has to bide his time.Will start on the bench.

#44 - Campbell - real smooth mover, great vision and great kick. Not sure he’s got electric pace but he has such a high level IQ. I always think high IQ players find a way to make it, and so I’m very bullish on this kid.
2.98 seconds for the 20m sprint and 6:25 on the 2km time trial - Kid is quick and has a great tank

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Richmond vs North - First of 3 Practice Games

Back