Banter Richpho Tigers vs Western Porkroll - FREE FOOD POISONING!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are building a successful team. In the toughest era ever to rebuild, we've dragged ourselves from rock bottom while AFL charities Gold Coast, GWS and Melbourne hogged all the draft picks.
Cotchin and Martin say hi, you guys were in a worse position when you took them in uncompromised drafts.

West Coast were bottom in 2010 and they had their number one draft pick taken off them so I would say you had a head start on a few teams to be honest. Would say Port had it tough also, they had to take a spud like Butcher at pick 8 as he was probably the best tall available then and had to play dirty just to land Wingard away from GWS. We were raided by both expansion teams for free agents with Adelaide the only other team to cop it both years. This probably accelerated our decline. You guys had improved by the time those pathetic mini-drafts came into play.

121855_f586f3e995a2449453d7356a0f8fd765.gif

Discuss.

Cotchin and Martin say hi, you guys were in a worse position when you took them in uncompromised drafts.

West Coast were bottom in 2010 and they had their number one draft pick taken off them so I would say you had a head start on a few teams to be honest. Would say Port had it tough also, they had to take a spud like Butcher at pick 8 as he was probably the best tall available then and had to play dirty just to land Wingard away from GWS. We were raided by both expansion teams for free agents with Adelaide the only other team to cop it both years. This probably accelerated our decline. You guys had improved by the time those pathetic mini-drafts came into play.

Of course, the big difference is that our good players stay.

West Coast tanked in 2010; we finished 2nd-last after losing our first 9 games and got pick 6.

Martin was in the same draft as Butcher, as were Griffiths, Carlisle, Black, Astbury, Sam Reid and Vardy, all talls better than Butcher. Port had two top-10 picks and pissed them away on Butcher and Andrew Moore. Port also got Polec, pick 5 in 2011, because he was a mummy's boy and they bent Brisbane over.

You only have Macrae because GWS took Ward. Your decline being accelerated helped you get higher draft picks just in time for the first uncompromised drafts.

No one's done it tougher than us!

NO ONE! :fire:

West Coast tanked in 2010; we finished 2nd-last after losing our first 9 games and got pick 6.

Martin was in the same draft as Butcher, as were Griffiths, Carlisle, Black, Astbury, Sam Reid and Vardy, all talls better than Butcher. Port had two top-10 picks and pissed them away on Butcher and Andrew Moore.
Gold Coast weren't around in 2009 though brah. You had what pick 3 that year after years of high draft picks years beforehand with Melbourne and Carlton?

My mistake if Butcher was taken in 2009, I thought he was a 2010 draftee. Polec was traded different story there. You already had a solid base before the expansion teams compromised the drafts in 2010, 11, 12 and 13.

Once you guys lose Rance you'll know how much free agency hurts, at least you're going to get 8 years out of him. We only got 4 out of Ward and Harbrow before they were pinched.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a game for everyone, there will be a prize

Post the best quote (copy and paste, don't click reply or I'll delete it) of a Carlton or Eagles supporter dummy spit as a result of their loss in Round 1

Here, I'll start
What is with Carlton, were not the same club we used to be, bad drafting, bad coaching decisions, spending money to get results and obviously still not winning... I could honestly do a better job at making draft decisions or contract decisions, Mick just keeps giving us false hope prior to the season opener and comes up with nothing... It's still very early in the year but I don't see the improvement on field anywhere... We need a couple of top 10 picks in this years draft and just concede that were in full rebuild mode, and to stop picking up duds from other teams... Our players say the same crap every year about having an outstanding pre season, then game time comes and close to no-one shows up! We've had these player's with bad attitudes and no discipline for a while and we can't seem to get rid of that culture, Rattan had the worst of it but at least he was winning games! Mick looks like the rest of the footy world has gone past him tactically yet he sticks to going long to the boundary... I personally think Mick will be gone by late july, we need a new young coach with fresh ideas...

th
Bulldogs even produce annoying commentators like Luke Darcy and Brad Johnson

Luke Darcy - "Say That Again"
Brad Johnson - still tips the doggies to beat Richmond every time... LOL

Doggies you are the bitches of the competition right now. Here's a few of your LOL moments of gold:

* You got hyped up that you beat our 2s in the NAB challenge
* You sold the farm for an unproven kid yet apparently pay your senior bitches, the ones that are actually loyal, peanuts. Wonder how much Crameri is on LMFAO.
* You lose almost all your good players to other clubs because of your dogshitminnowness

Face it guys, Footscray is a waste of space. They're like the kid that gets picked last on the playground and nobody wants them on their team. Just merge FFS, at least you might have a chance of getting past a prelim.

th

Post the best quote (copy and paste, don't click reply or I'll delete it) of a Carlton or Eagles supporter dummy spit as a result of their loss in Round 1
Did Gillo melt on the main board? Might look there :D

First para of the first post of the WCE 'positives and negatives' thread.

"Let me start off by saying that I don't think we really learned too much out of tonight. To my eye, that game played out more like an elimination final than a bottom of the table clash - which is consistent with how I evaluate us at the start of 2015 - around 8th. For me the story out of tonight's game was the Bulldogs and how they played with such skill and intensity despite missing some key personnel. I can't vouch for whether they will sustain that over the course of the season but for me they looked every bit a top six side. We played them away and were bested."

Seems it wasn't so bad because it was an elimination final standard and the bullies are a top-6 side.

Respectfully, do any bulldogs fans seriously consider themselves a top-6 side?

Talk about stretching...

Gold Coast weren't around in 2009 though brah. You had what pick 3 that year after years of high draft picks years beforehand with Melbourne and Carlton?

My mistake if Butcher was taken in 2009, I thought he was a 2010 draftee. Polec was traded different story there. You already had a solid base before the expansion teams compromised the drafts in 2010, 11, 12 and 13.

Once you guys lose Rance you'll know how much free agency hurts, at least you're going to get 8 years out of him. We only got 4 out of Ward and Harbrow before they were pinched.
Good clubs don't lose players they want to keep. Rance is going nowhere.

We have just 14 players on our list who were at the club prior to the 2010 draft, and five of them were taken in 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back