Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, just tell him to wait another 6m until Hollands gets on the park. šŸ˜›
6 months? Is his ACL worst than initially thought and why he slid down to pick 7 so can he reach his full potential if he didn't do his knee? So it would have been a toss up between JUH/Thilthorpe/Holland who was going to be pick 1 as I don't think much would have known how elite Thilthorpe could be playing in the ruck but the recruiters would have noticed his elite handball and vision.

Look, they don't mind bottoming out, it's the losing games bit they have an issue with...
Would be very happy to win the flag, and have the first pick in the draft

Remember when much of this board would argue against bottoming out and getting access to early draft picks?
Why would anyone care about bottoming out in the compromised season* last year? It wasn't and didn't feel like the usual season for supporters, i.e "when did the Crows finish bottom last", "2020", "Oh, COVID-19", that is what everyone will remember. This year we are starting to get that feeling back but will depend whether Melbourne can get the COVID-19 outbreak under control I guess.

Last edited:
Yep and sadly we are going to end up around pick 6-7 in the draft and miss the elite mids (again). We need two more quality mids to really improve our chances moving forwards

a lot of the current elite mids of the competition did not come from the first 5 picks of the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a lot of the current elite mids of the competition did not come from the first 5 picks of the draft.
Dustin Martin 3
Patrick Dangerfield 10
Lachie Neale 58
Nat Fyfe 20
Christian Petracca 2
Taylor Adams 13
Marcus Bontempelli 4
Patrick Cripps 13
Jarryd Lyons 61
Tim Kelly 24
Clayton Oliver 4
Tim Taranto 2
Jack Steele 24
Jack Macrae 6

Dustin Martin 3
Patrick Dangerfield 10
Lachie Neale 58
Nat Fyfe 20
Christian Petracca 2
Taylor Adams 13
Marcus Bontempelli 4
Patrick Cripps 13
Jarryd Lyons 61
Tim Kelly 24
Clayton Oliver 4
Tim Taranto 2
Jack Steele 24

I hate that Jarryd Lyons is on that list.

For a tall in his first AFL season, he's been very consistent. Gets his dozen or so touches each week, along with three or so shots on goal and converts most of them.

I keep expecting him to have a lean patch at some point but he's just always involved. Getting him in the ruck occasionally is probably helping with that!

He really looks like the complete player. Can take a contested mark, can crumb a ball, knows where the goals are, is super fit, and is 200cm. He plays angry and you can tell he has tickets on himself, haha. Good on him! He should do, he's Riley ****ing Thilthorpe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe - Signed to End of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back