List Mgmt. Rioli to Port Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am happy if we could get a second round pick this year or next year for Junior.We are told that next year's draft is better.If we can't get a decent pick then send him to the PSD.Russian roulette for Port.Would the kangas or Crows pounce first.

Anything less than a second round pick is pretty much a junk pick, so I'd rather let him walk to the PSD and go to North for free (or pick him up again if they pass).
Clarko has said he was interested which is fine, but I do love the shithousery of Rioli being redrafted by West Coast in the PSD

Can you trade PSD draft picks? Get #1 just to drive the hard bargain?

Still very naive to the industry and I suspect a lot of other things. His management could be doing more for him in that space. Hope he gets the appropriate support at Port if he ends up there.
Hope he gets a good kick up the ass.

Play nice folks.

Obviously many are disappointed at the direction this seems to be heading, and the Rioli discussion has always had the obvious non football elements at play.

It doesn’t give you free reign to take shots at other posters. If you’re here just to start fights and not accept reasonable posts that you don’t personally agree with, you won’t be in this thread for long.

Play nice folks.

Obviously many are disappointed at the direction this seems to be heading, and the Rioli discussion has always had the obvious non football elements at play.

It doesn’t give you free reign to take shots at other posters. If you’re here just to start fights and not accept reasonable posts that you don’t personally agree with, you won’t be in this thread for long.

Not sure getting banned from this thread is an actual punishment.

I'm certain this is what will happen. I just can't see the club doing him any favours by accepting a lowball offer
I wish I had your faith - there’s been so many good faith transfers we’ve given and it’s never seen to have been reciprocated - maybe Cripps, he came over for the proverbial chip packet. Cheers St Kilda.

Now’s the time to make ‘em bleed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port will offer a third round pick and then threaten to take him via the PSD if we fight it. Reckon the club would do good by them anyway considering we got a decent second round pick to move down two spots in the draft last year.
Their is no PSD threat ? Norf would take him for sure and he has lots of family in Melbourne.

Maybe if port are being campaigners we can come to an arrangement with norf to let him go to the PSD for a favourable pick upgrade .

I ****ing hate port

Last edited:
I agree with you but club may role over to maintain good relations.
There is no good relations anymore in trading. We seen that first hand with Geelong and the Kelly trade. Every club is a dog. The trade table is a dog eat dog world now. The sooner everyone realises it the better. Not one club has given us respect over the last few years. Why should it be any different for us.

I wish I had your faith - there’s been so many good faith transfers we’ve given and it’s never seen to have been reciprocated - maybe Cripps, he came over for the proverbial chip packet. Cheers St Kilda.

Now’s the time to make ‘em bleed

After the dramas hes had the last few years the club would (correctly) feel they owe him nothing

I just can't see us rolling over on this one

The threat of walking him to the PSD is not as significant as some might think

Anyone picking him up would have to match Port’s contract offer which quite frankly seems reckless and something other clubs would be likely to commit to

Rioli is truly covering himself in glory over this whole affair.

Good riddance, milk him for everything hes worth now and he can go to the highest bidder.

Given that North have already expressed interest in him, the chances of him making it to Port via the PSD are slim.

If Port want to be kents ( as I expect they will be ....... the Club does has form ) with lowball offers and shafting us, I would have no problem if the Club decided, to cut its losses and to walk him to North and get nothing for him.

We stood by him and this is the thanks we get ........ with such an attitude we are better off with out him, to be honest.

He isn't going to be a part of our next Premiership window, so as sorry as I am to see the talent leave, his ungrateful attitude not so much.

We won’t do that mate and you know we won’t. We always prefer to look good instead of doing the best thing. The good look will be giving him what he wants. That’s who our club is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back